40 & losing it.....

Lexie2005 said:
That's the thing this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change so it's best to accept slow & steady, in the 14 months it took me I averaged 1.75lb per week some were bigger some considerably less, some sts & even a couple of gains

Absolutely, Lexie. It's got to be for life and it does take patience, but the rewards are definitely worth it! :) xx

Thanks guys I lost 7 n a half stone when I was 30, went to the gym got fit, loose skin wasn't an issue but 10 years on and the weight back with not so much time for exercise I think you are right. Sorry I know you are! I was just hung up on wanting it gone now, but it's taken 10 years to put it back on just hope it's not quite that long to come off!! Thanks for keeping me straight ladies xxx

Thank goodness lol at docs for my 4 week weigh in on Friday, just hope they are please and give me more! X

Thank goodness lol at docs for my 4 week weigh in on Friday, just hope they are please and give me more! X

My doc says if you loose 5% in first month then they're working and then loose another 10 % the 2months following then il keep being prescribed them.

So I would have had to loose 19lb (9kg in 3 months)

when she told me I gulped thinking that isn't do able.
youve lost 10lbs in 2/3 weeks so I think your be fine x

Nicolac1402 said:
My doc says if you loose 5% in first month then they're working and then loose another 10 % the 2months following then il keep being prescribed them.

So I would have had to loose 19lb (9kg in 3 months)

when she told me I gulped thinking that isn't do able.
youve lost 10lbs in 2/3 weeks so I think your be fine x

19lbs in 13 weeks is very achievable, you'll smash it! :) xx

19lbs in 13 weeks is very achievable, you'll smash it! :) xx

J hope so as can't afford to buy another dress!

we've just bought a lab puppy. We pick him up tomorrow morning so have an incentive for nice long walks!

I've only lost 3.69? Oooopps maybe I won't get any if it should be 5%! X

Ah I've just noticed the % tracker. Mine need to say 7/8%
and the weight of lost previously was on slimming world purely.

You will be fine hun don't worry x

You will be fine hun don't worry x

Hope so. When is your next weigh in?
im on myfitnesspal- Nicolac1402 if you want to add me.

My wi is Friday - I will add you hun I'm same as on here bexster71 x

Have you increased your water intake?
been on scales this morn and am still the same. Surely I would see a drop ?

You've said yourself that yout problem is expecting immediate results.... how long have you been following 100% for (without charge cheese and choc?)...Give yourself a break and a chance. If you commit 100% with nothing over 5% then I swear you'll see results but you need to give yourself more than a couple of days or you'll drive yourself crazy. Good luck for weigh in on Thursday. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's so wrong of me to say this as I'm a serial weigher but stop it it's not healthy & I wish on didn't do it as so many times it's thrown me (not kicking & screaming at all) from the wagon as I didn't like what they said. Your weight fluctuates so much from day to day. A real pound equates to 3500 cals so to gain or lose a pound that's what you need to either eat or not eat so it takes time. I'm sure come Thursday you'll be doing a happy dance xx

You will be fine hun but just weigh at sw else you will go mad! Drink as much water as you can hun. I'm on my 4th week and thought I would see bigger weight losses but as the lovemy peeps on here keep telling me steady and slow, that way you will keep it off and won't get such baggy skin.............hey get me, think I've finally got it lol xxx

Lexie2005 said:
It's so wrong of me to say this as I'm a serial weigher but stop it it's not healthy & I wish on didn't do it as so many times it's thrown me (not kicking & screaming at all) from the wagon as I didn't like what they said. Your weight fluctuates so much from day to day. A real pound equates to 3500 cals so to gain or lose a pound that's what you need to either eat or not eat so it takes time. I'm sure come Thursday you'll be doing a happy dance xx

Definitely, listen to the pot, kettle! ;) xx

You will be fine hun but just weigh at sw else you will go mad! Drink as much water as you can hun. I'm on my 4th week and thought I would see bigger weight losses but as the lovemy peeps on here keep telling me steady and slow, that way you will keep it off and won't get such baggy skin.............hey get me, think I've finally got it lol xxx

I drink tons always so thirsty even before this. Would be nice just to have bit more energy though! X

Are you having all your calories? After the first week I had stopped snacking between meals and now I struggle to eat enough but I can't see that you should be hungry. Keep going it will get easier I promise x

Are you having all your calories? After the first week I had stopped snacking between meals and now I struggle to eat enough but I can't see that you should be hungry. Keep going it will get easier I promise x

When I'm eating I'm having to force myself to eat as I'm so full up from all the water I'm drinking.
im probably trying to get used to it. I used to skip breakfast then from 10am snack on rubbish until dinner time.
now I'm having 3meals a day so body is probably trying to readjust.
I need to eat more filling foods to keep me going x

Back