5' 7" Question.

I started using Bio Oil about 2 weeks ago. I have also used it on my face and I can definitely see a difference. I am searching the web for a good firm body brush with a long handle but can't find any!! Will have to trawl the streets tomorrow. Thanks for that tip!!

I am already loving 2009.

I have been doing body brushing for years ad I think it helps along with mositurizing and massage to keep my skin looking good.

Your best to go into a shop like the Body shop and try them out on the back of your hand to see how rough they are... for if they are too rough for your skin they can break the skin and this can lead to infection or another thing that happened to me when I first started body brushing the brush was too stiff and rough and perhaps my own technique starting off was also too rough and it broke the capillaries under the skin and in a couple of places on my arms. They did heal over time...

When you are used to it you can go stiffer with the bristles if you wish.

Types of body brushes
When you first start dry body brushing, it is best to use a softer brush, and then as you get more used to the feel of it, you can move onto a brush with firmer bristles.
Brushes with natural bristles always feel good, most are made from sisal.
Brushes with long handles give easy reach to the back and feet without the need for excessive bending. Some have woven hand straps, good for a firm sweeping action and to reach small areas that are hard to manoeuvre in with the long handle.

Body brushing is a cheap and effective way to make you feel great and keep your skin looking radiant. Once you make it a habit, you will wonder what took you so long to start in the first place!
0 items found
How to Dry Body Brush for Energy, Detoxification & Radiant Skin

Love Mini xxx

Thanks alot Mini & WBS for that information. Will have to go into Body Shop and Tescos to check.

Ahhh you don't live too far from where my parents live Katie. Am from Mosborough near Halfway.

Edi this tid bits of information are really good. Plus body brushing and the whole process uses up lots of time ..... hence less time to think about whether I feel hungry or not lol. Plus I believe it will give me more beautiful skin long term.

What do you think of a CD Exercise Challenge for those who are thinking of exercising? Would be great motivation.

What do you think of a CD Exercise Challenge for those who are thinking of exercising? Would be great motivation.
Sounds like a good idea. I am going to join one at my Curves. Everybody pays in $10.00 and have 8 weeks to lose 10 lbs. Everyone that make it will split the money collected. I hope it will motivate me to go at least 5x per wk in addition to doing some other exercise stuff at home. Wish me luck!
edi

btw I have a body brushing question. When is the best time to do this, especially as a detoxification. I went to the link posted above and read how to do it to detox bu body brushing but am not sure if it is before a bath, after one or at some other time. I feel I need to detox and this sound like an efficient way to do it.
edi

Edi I believe it would be best before a shower or bath, then apply a nice moisturiser after the shower/bath.

Back