6 week Summer Survival!

Hope your trusty martini saw you through mandie! (hi, tee hee)
Well, sorry girls but ive jumped off the wagon onto the road today! We've done an 8 and 1/2 mile walk today...then went for a pub tea ehich consisted of veggie curry (soooooo nice!!) lots of superfree in there, served with naan and steamed rice, washed down with 2 glasses of red (LARGE) oh...and 2 large whiskys after a bath lol. Hoping the walk will cancel out some of the bad, know im not CC, but one can hope! Fab day though :) back on it tomorrow.xxx

Oh, hiiii kat to :) x

l0v3child said:
Hope your trusty martini saw you through mandie! (hi, tee hee)
Well, sorry girls but ive jumped off the wagon onto the road today! We've done an 8 and 1/2 mile walk today...then went for a pub tea ehich consisted of veggie curry (soooooo nice!!) lots of superfree in there, served with naan and steamed rice, washed down with 2 glasses of red (LARGE) oh...and 2 large whiskys after a bath lol. Hoping the walk will cancel out some of the bad, know im not CC, but one can hope! Fab day though :) back on it tomorrow.xxx

Think that sane wagon ran me over today Diane. Actually I'm pretty sure I drank it on its way past! Oops. Been a lovely day but not altogether a "good" day. Unplanned BBQ at boyfriends bosses to celebrate their engagement, a bit of bubbly and a few cocktails later and I'm more than a bit squiffy! ;) have written it all down but absolutely dreading working out ny syns tomorrow. Promised I would keep a true food diary on here and kinda regretting it now :/ I did have a sneaky weigh this morning though (slapped wrist!) And pleased with what I saw so hope today hasn't undone my work this week. One thing I am not looking forward to is the headache tomorrow. :(

Hi all, well the Sun is shining and hopefully it's going to be a great day! Lots of Olympic action too!!! Last night was great wasn't it!!

Diane, I am sure the walk did you the world of good..... I don't get out as much as i used to, think I may try to today.... Doesn't sound like you did that bad, if you do 5 syns today you can make it up :)

Melanie I hope you heads ok ;) those types of nights are fun, keeping control is almost impossible.... Forget it an move on... Have some super speedy foods today to negate the damage :).... Didn't get to see ted because the sofa and Olympics kept my attention last night but will go in the week :) think they must of shown most of the gags in the trailer??

Have 100% day all :)

Last edited:
I was quite good yesterday - chose the tuna instead of fatty duck, but I did get a pudding. I asked for my starter salad without vinagrette and they came out saying it just had olive oil on it! So I've counted syns for that too. About 30 syns yesterday in total which isn't bad considering. I also re weighed myself this morning- before breakfast this time - and I've actually lost 3 lbs!! I bet it won't show on my scales at home though, there's bound to be some annoying quirk which means these scales show and those don't...

Morning sadowska, that's good your were making better choices and it showed on the scales :) 30 syns was a good amount to stick too and at least you counted it!! So easy to say what the hell and not :)

Have a lovely day :)

Morning all... How many weeks left of holiday to get through??!?? 4 and half!!

I could be half a stone down if I be good!! Need to keep that thought that I could be 12st something if I can keep it up...

Had egg in toast yum yum this morning! Green day today for me!!!

I was quite good yesterday - chose the tuna instead of fatty duck, but I did get a pudding. I asked for my starter salad without vinagrette and they came out saying it just had olive oil on it! So I've counted syns for that too. About 30 syns yesterday in total which isn't bad considering. I also re weighed myself this morning- before breakfast this time - and I've actually lost 3 lbs!! I bet it won't show on my scales at home though, there's bound to be some annoying quirk which means these scales show and those don't...

I would have sent the salad back if I were you, I can't stand olive oil on salad I don't know why people do it. If you asked for it without dressing that means nothing!!!

Well somehow after my champagne fuelled Saturday I lost 2.5lbs today so really happy with that, however had a horrible day :(
Ny nan is basically getting to the end of her life, no particular illness, just growing weaker by the day and today she has been unable to get out of bed. She is saying every few minutes that she wants to go to sleep and never wake up. She will get her wish soon I'm sure of that, she doesnt have long now :( have just got home, was going to stay with my mum at nans house but to be honest I can be no help without sleep. Nan is due to go into a palliative care ward tomorrow, and many times today I've thought that I will be surprised if she makes it to hospital. :( just have to wait now, might get a call in the night, otherwise its hospital tomorrow but it really is only a matter of time. So heartbroken that she will never be at my wedding, and that I can't tell her first when we are expecting a baby, always wanted her to know first :(

Oh Mandie, sorry to hear bout your nan, so tough to see that and go through it x hugs xx try to stay strong xxxx well done on your loss though xxxx thinking of you x

Last edited:
ScarlettStar86 said:
Thanks hun, but its Mandie BTW :) xx

Doh! Sorry mandie, I knew that it was late!! Xx edited it :) x hope you managed to sleep x

No problem hun. Yeah got a bit of sleep but not much. Lucky that this week my nanny family are on holiday so im coming and going when I like doing bits in the house. Planning to pop in this morning to get more done then can spend more time with nan later. She had a good night which is good. Off into hospital this morning. X

Glad she had an ok night, just spend as much time with her as you can xx try to have a good day diet wise, you will feel better for it xx

So sad for you. She sounds ready but we just never are and it's so difficult to say goodbye. Sounds like you will get to spend time with her which she will appreciate. Thinking of you and sending hugs x

Oh mandie :( ***hugs*** nothing i can say, you know what you need to do, sounds like youre being very sensible and using your time well much-o hug-o xxxxxxx
On an upside if i may, lost 1.5lb this week :)

Oh and well done on the 2.5lb loss!! Fab!

Hi girls, thanks for the support and virtual hugs. xx
Nan is now in the palliative care ward in our local hospital where they discovered her previously raised blood pressure is very low (doc that did home visit didn't pick up on this and therefore she was still on bp lowering meds) and also her oxygen levels were very low due to her emphysema plus a chest infection so now she is on oxygen and off bp meds.
She seems brighter today already and has managed a cuppa soup which is more than she's eaten in the past 2 days so fingers crossed she will pick up a bit.
Been a horrible few days and I've gone the other way and barely eaten a thing so need to sort that out and get back to it properly.
SO lucky that this week i can pick my own hours or I wouldn't have known what to do.
Well done on losses and lets hope the rest of the week is good for us all xx

ScarlettStar86 said:
Hi girls, thanks for the support and virtual hugs. xx
Nan is now in the palliative care ward in our local hospital where they discovered her previously raised blood pressure is very low (doc that did home visit didn't pick up on this and therefore she was still on bp lowering meds) and also her oxygen levels were very low due to her emphysema plus a chest infection so now she is on oxygen and off bp meds.
She seems brighter today already and has managed a cuppa soup which is more than she's eaten in the past 2 days so fingers crossed she will pick up a bit.
Been a horrible few days and I've gone the other way and barely eaten a thing so need to sort that out and get back to it properly.
SO lucky that this week i can pick my own hours or I wouldn't have known what to do.
Well done on losses and lets hope the rest of the week is good for us all xx

That's good news. Hope that means she's more comfortable and hope you find some time to look after yourself. With your job and what's going on sounds like you look after everyone but what about you? Is there someone looking after you too? Hope so.

Hope youre doing ok Mandie xxxxxx :bighug:
How are the rest of you doing this week? :) Im having an ok week, got a day out tomorrow at Warwick Castle, wasnt really looking forward to it, my friends were taking theit little boy and offered to take mine with them, but id be sat around on my own all day, alot of my friends will be at work and im not staying in doing housework! ...so i decided to go with them. Just looked it up online though, and it looks a fab day out, and founf some 2 for 1 vouchers to (its pretty expensive!!) so im hoping i can use them with it being 'a peak time', will be a bonus, also taking a picnic so no need to worry about food :) Going to my bestest friends new house in the evening though and will be sinking some booze! Im taking white wine with me, and shes also watching what she eats at the mo (shes no need, but yano, lol) so shes on for white wine sptitzers and im really looking forward to seeing her :D so plan is to watch my syn intake for the rest of the week and hope i dont do to much damage whilst having oodles of fun.
Sooo, thats me at the mo, hope youre all well! xxx

Back