6 week Summer Survival!

Sounds like a great day. Have fun.

So depressing - according to the scales on holiday I lost 3.5lb this week (somehow!) but it doesn't show on the scales at home! How can that be? I knew this would happen somehow. It could always be the fact that I ate everything in the house when I got back from the airport last night- my mum was right, should have got my husband to do a sw shop before I got back.

Ah it's prob fluid, traveling makes you hold it..... It will drop off in the next few days...

Last edited:
Different scales give different readings. Depends how accurate they are. And the funny thing for me is that normally I lose weight on holiday but bizarrely come back and eat the contents of the house and end up heavier than when I went which sounds a bit like what you've described! We need to get straight back on plan :)

I'm just comparing with my weight on the same scales before I left for holiday. I'm hoping it's just water retention but I'm reading thats an issue with long haul flights- this was just an hour and a half. I don't deserve a loss the way I've been eating so part of me thinks it won't disappear!

Get plenty of fluids down you, within reason obviously, dont go mad. Get your 2ltres a day, and eat some celery, thats fab for water retention!x

Today is a write off, went to weatherspoons to get lunch, will all intentions of getting the chicken and pepper skewers or the 5 bean chilli.... but ended going for the chicken mexican burger, was gorgeous though... the only saving grace was I went for chicken rather then beef I suppose as it was a chicken breast, but the chips, bread, cheese, sauce and onion rings that it came with weren't very sw friendly lol and then I had a big cookie at my mums..... ahh well staying syn free tonight (still stuffed so don't think I'll eat until later and then I'll be happy with something like a salad) and back on plan tomorrow :) might stick with 6 syns tomorrow and monday

donna88 said:
Today is a write off, went to weatherspoons to get lunch, will all intentions of getting the chicken and pepper skewers or the 5 bean chilli.... but ended going for the chicken mexican burger, was gorgeous though... the only saving grace was I went for chicken rather then beef I suppose as it was a chicken breast, but the chips, bread, cheese, sauce and onion rings that it came with weren't very sw friendly lol and then I had a big cookie at my mums..... ahh well staying syn free tonight (still stuffed so don't think I'll eat until later and then I'll be happy with something like a salad) and back on plan tomorrow :) might stick with 6 syns tomorrow and monday

Sounds yummy tho! :)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)
Week 6 - sts

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Sounds yummy tho! :)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

It was, I really don't regret it to be honest. I hate it when I go off plan and don't enjoy it, but that was worth every over syn :) Going to be good the rest of the week so might get away with it

donna88 said:
It was, I really don't regret it to be honest. I hate it when I go off plan and don't enjoy it, but that was worth every over syn :) Going to be good the rest of the week so might get away with it

Yea, if I think I'm going to go over my syns, I make sure it's worth it!! ;-)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Hi girls, just popping in for a quick update. Really appreciate all your comments and support. Nan is still in hospital and not good. It's a matter of time and each day watching her struggle for breath is heartbreaking. Just wish she would fall asleep and drift off, its not fair on her to be like she is. Managing to largely stick to plan, not eating enough but im sure the wine tonight will make up some calories! Need to de-stress but can't fully relax all the time I'm waiting on a phonecall. Will update in due course. Thanks again everyone xx

Hi girls, just popping in for a quick update. Really appreciate all your comments and support. Nan is still in hospital and not good. It's a matter of time and each day watching her struggle for breath is heartbreaking. Just wish she would fall asleep and drift off, its not fair on her to be like she is. Managing to largely stick to plan, not eating enough but im sure the wine tonight will make up some calories! Need to de-stress but can't fully relax all the time I'm waiting on a phonecall. Will update in due course. Thanks again everyone xx

Sorry to hear your news - you poor thing - must be a terrible time for you x

We've just got back from 2 weeks in Paris - had a wonderful time with kids & hubby which of course entailed lots of lovely leisurely pavement cafe lunches! Still we climbed every monument while we there so did plenty of excercise & our apartment was on 4th floor without a lift. My weigh in is on wednesday so I thought I'd better get back in the zone sooner rather than later!

So sorry to hear about your situation, must be awful, sending my thoughts to you, your nan and all your family.

Hi all.... Bad day yesterday (lost count on syns) the demon drink led me astray! Doh! and went over syns Friday! So back to it today... How's everyone else?

Not good, I cracked and ate granola bars today (9.5 syns each!) so I'm way over. Plus my weight loss from holiday still isn't showing on the scales at home, in fact this morning they showed a gain : (

Woo hoo- totally resisted fish and chips last night, managed to sit eating my salmon with mash and pak choi while son and oh devoured cod in batter and chips. Feeling proud but also a bit upset that the 3.5lb loss which appeared when I was on holiday still isn't showing on my scales at home. Does anyone know how long water retention can last or am I flogging a dead horse? Got home last Thursday after a short flight.

Back