6 week Summer Survival!

l0v3child

Silver Member
On another of our lovely members suggestion, im starting this thread for anyone who is worried/concerned/nervous/just needs a boot up the jacksie over these here 6 weeks holidays we have coming up with our lovely children!
Some of us are going to find it difficult being at home more....some of us are going to be busier than ever!...some of us have holidays planned...some of us have upteen fun filled days out planned with the kids, some of us will be spending more time with friends who dont honour the SW rules (just have iiiit, its the holiiidayssss! We all got one of them!) and they can all get in the way of our usual SW routines/meal plans and even our WIs.

So this thread is aimed at anyone and everyone who just needs somewhere to chat to kill 10 mintues while the temptation to go over to the ice cream van passes, for inspiration to stay on track, to maybe WI at home if they cant make group and to even swap ideas and 6 week holiday experiences and to catch up with what we've all been upto

:D

Happy Summer everyone, schools out tomorrow! ....i use the term 'summer' loosely :angel09:lol

hii :)

i rekon im gona stuggle a bit as my 3.6 mile trip to do school run is the only exercise i get at the min :/ xxx

Awh, its difficult getting out with the kids to if they dont want to. I walked everywhere before i could drive...and i was thin. Funny that!! Lol. Ive got a different job and lots of stuff going off nowadays so i dont have the time to walk like i used to.

Just replying so i can subscribe, will read through properly after my last few hours in work before my 6 weeks off :)

Well you lot enjoy you're 'summer hols', those days are long gone for me but I'll read with interest what you're all up to though:D

Talking of summer, me & OH went out geocaching last night & it was a bit drizzly when we left, I parked up & we walked into the woods, did a bit of geocaching, OH wanted to continue, but honestly it was raining so hard we just had to go back. I want to know where the global warming has gone to, 'cause it aint here!!!!!!!

I'm joining, all 3 of us finished school yesterday (me, other half and little one) and today so far has been miserable weather wise. Have boyfriends friend coming over for the weekend so will be having take-away tomorrow.... tempted to see if I can get away with cooking something like sweet and sour chicken with a jacket for myself as don't really fancy takeaway, but will probably end up going for a kebab using my own pitta. I'd much prefer my own cooking to be honest, so think I'll try and go for that.

Made chocolate and apricot brownies with little one today, only 3.5 syns each but gorgeous

Can I join? Im a stay at home mum of 2 that are 2yrs and 1yr old... Im going back to college in September tp do one of the access courses and so want to get to target for then.. :) since getting back from our hols in may im good for 4-5days then binging like a mad woman... Thankfully have managed to sts since our hol but soooooo want to get to target now!! :)

Of course you can!! :D all welcome, more the merrier! :) xx
Schools out ladies, may the staying on track begin! Lol @ minx dutifully signing up (your idea in first place :p) tee heeee. Booze is in my way this weekend!!! Making a lush sw curry for tea though.
Good luck with your targets...id quite like 10lb over the hols...hmmmm! X

donna88 said:
I'm joining, all 3 of us finished school yesterday (me, other half and little one) and today so far has been miserable weather wise. Have boyfriends friend coming over for the weekend so will be having take-away tomorrow.... tempted to see if I can get away with cooking something like sweet and sour chicken with a jacket for myself as don't really fancy takeaway, but will probably end up going for a kebab using my own pitta. I'd much prefer my own cooking to be honest, so think I'll try and go for that.

Made chocolate and apricot brownies with little one today, only 3.5 syns each but gorgeous

Good idea on the cooking your own, especially if you dont fancy takeaway anyway. Those brownies sound laaaavly! Weather is meant to be picking up this week...we're at a funday tomorrow, where i would have sunk pints of cider and eaten off the bbq usually. Gonna have to go for no drinking and taking my own tupperware full of lunch lol, joooooy!

Enjoy folks! I'm a teacher and my diet is so much better during the holidays without the stress of crazy children and even more crazy teachers and parents!

Up here we are almost half way through the holidays, not been to bad for me as i am still at work, luckily my OH is at home to make me sw friendly dinners, my little one loves going swimming so we have been going at least one night during the week and sometimes both days at the weekend so hopefully i can continue losing throughout the summer holidays. good luck to everyone else and fingers crossed the weather improves

Good idea on the cooking your own, especially if you dont fancy takeaway anyway. Those brownies sound laaaavly! Weather is meant to be picking up this week...we're at a funday tomorrow, where i would have sunk pints of cider and eaten off the bbq usually. Gonna have to go for no drinking and taking my own tupperware full of lunch lol, joooooy!

Will decide tomorrow what I'm going to do, might have the kebab and go red if I fancy it, if not I'll cook my own.

Sat trying to ignore the massive bag of crisps my boyfriend and his friend are eating, I still have a HEB to use on a hifi bar and have fruit in.... hoping I'll manage the rest of the night.
The brownies are lovely and as I did mine slightly different from the recipe they only work out at 3 syns

HannahMontana said:
Mornin.. I WI at home on saturday morning and have somehow managed to lose 2lbs this week :D have a good weekend all xx

Well done!! I also weigh in on a Saturday at home, 1lb loss today, happy with that :)

Thanks :) just realised I'm only a pound away from losing 3 stone :)

Wow - thats excellent.. Ive lost almost 3 stone too from July 2011 - May this year when we went on holiday.. have found it so hard to get back and stay on the wagon since our holiday. its like i left all my motivation in Tunisia!! lol Starting college in september though so have something else to aim towards now so hopefully will manage to stay on the wagon! 1 12lbs to go til target - i WILL do it!!!!!!

well done on the losses :) I don't weigh until Tuesday. Not actually really wanting to loose over summer, I would like to go down 2 lbs and then maintain but as long as I stay in my target range over Summer I'm happy

Back