6 week Summer Survival!

Had a good few days.. Stuck to plan 100% for 3 days now and feeling much better for it!! :) you got anythin nice planned for rest of.this week? X

Well so far this week has been a bit of a disaster. Actually no it could have been much worse but due to the amount of stress so far I have been a little bit- sod it!
Meal out Tuesday, non sw BBQ last night but also had a chat with my consultant and have a plan to get myself back on track.
Today we are going to a childminders and charges meet up involving a bring your own food BBQ, as there's nothing sw friendly in for me I will take stuff for the boys but a pasta salad for me and plenty of running about will help I'm sure!
Got snacks planned too which is often my downfall when an apple just won't cut it! I'm not hopeful for a loss this week, but I'm feeling in a better frame of mind for the rest of the holiday and feel better having a strategy to help me move forwards.
Now if I can just catch up on sleep I'd feel fab! Never been this tired in my life :(

Scarlettstar - holidays are so hard - I know! Glad to see you are being so positve.
Well it was our first morning at home & I can't believe I didn't wake up until 9am! The kids were already up and had done their own breakfast - what a bad mummy!
Got to clear out 2nd wardrobe today then off to friends for a play this afternoon. Need to fit in cleaning bathroom at some point?!
Got some soup out of freezer for lunch, then leftover bbq from my dads yesterday which was chicken for me & burgers for rest of family.
Bit annoyed as I planned to do rice pudding for breakfast to save he but I forgot & had muisli instead!
Have a nice day everyone - apparently there's rain for tomorrow!

Very proud of myself, went to the cinema yesterday and stuck with my 3 cadbury mallows (3 syns each) a mini milk (1.5 syns) and I did have two of the cadbury pop corn things, counting a syn each as they won't be that much but better to over estimate then under. Then today little one wanted to go to McDonalds and my boyfriend decided to have one too, but I said no and stuck with what I'd planned, made myself a tuna and potato salad was yummy.

I've come back from my hypnotherapy session with new resolve if nothing else - have decided that at my sons birthday party on Saturday I'll have the chicken drumsticks with skin off, no bread roll and only half a piece of chocolate cake (but a whole piece of coconut cake!). So I'm down from 72 syns to 40 if I stick to that. Which I will, I will! Someone please nail me to the floor if I fail!

Well, im back from Cadbury World. Safe to say i sampled the goods! I had teeny tastes of the chocolate they hand out, but didnt go overboard...took lunch with us so SW friendly, and cooked pasta and quorn mince with passata etc for tea, fruit inbetween everything when hungry. ...having a couple of larrrrrrrrge g&ts now out of pure stress!! Bloke..money...etc! So going to be over my syns abit today, but im planning soup and fruit tomorrow and maybe SW chips with something or other for tea if i can eat it, having crown prep done on one of my teeth in the morning...AGAIN. *sigh* So anyway, plan is to stick to plan, dont want to mess up WI day, hopefully enough time to turn it around because Tues wasnt an amazing day syn wise either :eek:
Hope youve all had good days!!
xx

Woohoo finally a good day! As mentioned I spoke to my c last night and her advice I've put into practice today, it was glaringly obvious and I didn't think it would work but it did! Only had 10 syns today which for me in the last few months is utterly unheard of. Lately its been if its under 25 its a good day! Still have a healthy b to use and really want something sweet- wish I had stocked up on hifis on Monday! I may have some cereal with a tsp of syrup or something. Feeling good! :D

It's,a great feeling when you are back in control isn't it. Not sure what your plan is but I am going 1 day at a time & its really helping me at moment.
Got a bit of a me day today as girls are off to dance rehersal for 6 hours today - they are dancing in Disneyland Paris next week - we are very excited - so having legs waxed then later having pedicure! Then back home to do ironing .
Have remembered to have rice for breakfast today! Planning to do a chicken curry for dinner - should be a good day food wise x
Looking forward to Olympic opening ceremony tonight x
Have a lovely day - hope it doesn't rain where you are x

l0v3child said:
Well, im back from Cadbury World. Safe to say i sampled the goods! I had teeny tastes of the chocolate they hand out, but didnt go overboard...took lunch with us so SW friendly, and cooked pasta and quorn mince with passata etc for tea, fruit inbetween everything when hungry. ...having a couple of larrrrrrrrge g&ts now out of pure stress!! Bloke..money...etc! So going to be over my syns abit today, but im planning soup and fruit tomorrow and maybe SW chips with something or other for tea if i can eat it, having crown prep done on one of my teeth in the morning...AGAIN. *sigh* So anyway, plan is to stick to plan, dont want to mess up WI day, hopefully enough time to turn it around because Tues wasnt an amazing day syn wise either :eek:
Hope youve all had good days!!
xx

Wow at your will power!! id have crumbled completely at cadbury world lol

ScarlettStar86 said:
Woohoo finally a good day! As mentioned I spoke to my c last night and her advice I've put into practice today, it was glaringly obvious and I didn't think it would work but it did! Only had 10 syns today which for me in the last few months is utterly unheard of. Lately its been if its under 25 its a good day! Still have a healthy b to use and really want something sweet- wish I had stocked up on hifis on Monday! I may have some cereal with a tsp of syrup or something. Feeling good! :D

Well done for getting back on track.. Ive managed to stay on plan since saturday (1week tomorrow) and feel tonnes better for it. For some strange reason having 10syns a day instead of 15 keeps me away from.binging... The extra 5 syns must set my trigger off? X

Well done ladies! Looks like youre all having a fab time and feeling good and staying to plan! Keep it up, 1 day turns into 2...into 3...before you know it its a week and so on. One day at a time :)
Im back from the dentist this morning, frozen, swollen mouth, feeling a tad butchered lol. But im soon going to crack on with some housework (the house just wont stay clean nor tidy, forgot about that bit in the hols lol) and going to make some beetroot soup for later i reckon as im not gonna atempt chewing owt just yet!
Lovely weather here, hope it is for you to xxx Will check in again later x

Well done for getting back on track.. Ive managed to stay on plan since saturday (1week tomorrow) and feel tonnes better for it. For some strange reason having 10syns a day instead of 15 keeps me away from.binging... The extra 5 syns must set my trigger off? X

Lol, it helped that it was so hot yesterday that i didnt feel like eating mountains of chocolate...had it been a cold winter day, i dont think i would have been quite as good!!! Plus i made up for being so good by drinking gin...ha. Halo not so shiny really.
I find if stay around the 10 mark im safer, i feel like if i go to 15 i get the 'ahh feck it, a few more isnt going to do much damage' frame of mind, and end up having 20 or similar.

weathers lovely here too, but we don't really have plans. Nice to get the washing out on the line though. Off to my nanna's this afternoon so will have to turn down the tonnes of biscuits she'll be offering me, but will be worth it as then I can eat whatever treat I want tonight :)

Not liking this holidays so far!!! All the lovely weather has been wasted as all three kids have nasty colds and the sun seems to make them even MORE miserable!! So we've been staying in a lot :( can't even walk the dog as he's hurt his leg so he's on orders from the vet to rest (expensive orders!!!). Husband actually got offered five days off work in a ROW but we can't afford to go away :( and now my darn car has broken down and I want chocolate!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

I'm hoping that my broken freezer from last week, semi broken dog and totally broken car will be the run of three and life will improve from here on out!!!!

Oh and I've been on plan all week and gained 1/2 a pound. Sigh. I'm blaming the heat. It's very hot. And that has somehow made me heavier.

Legomom said:
Not liking this holidays so far!!! All the lovely weather has been wasted as all three kids have nasty colds and the sun seems to make them even MORE miserable!! So we've been staying in a lot :( can't even walk the dog as he's hurt his leg so he's on orders from the vet to rest (expensive orders!!!). Husband actually got offered five days off work in a ROW but we can't afford to go away :( and now my darn car has broken down and I want chocolate!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

I'm hoping that my broken freezer from last week, semi broken dog and totally broken car will be the run of three and life will improve from here on out!!!!

Oh and I've been on plan all week and gained 1/2 a pound. Sigh. I'm blaming the heat. It's very hot. And that has somehow made me heavier.

Sounds a bit the same as me, I'm full of cold, all my son has done is moan about how hot he is especially at night, our dog hasn't been good but still ok to walk thank god, I've had a terrible week food wise, think the heat hasn't helped...mid week weigh in showed a 2lb gain, got really wotsit about it so have eaten all the wrong stuff...back on track now though as I only have 3 more weigh ins till our hols and 3lb + to lose. I'm not letting this blip ruin my chances of getting to my 3 stone loss (only need 1lb to go) fingers crossed. God I can ramble on lol.......

Hope the weekend gets better for you hun xx

Sounds a bit the same as me, I'm full of cold, all my son has done is moan about how hot he is especially at night, our dog hasn't been good but still ok to walk thank god, I've had a terrible week food wise, think the heat hasn't helped...mid week weigh in showed a 2lb gain, got really wotsit about it so have eaten all the wrong stuff...back on track now though as I only have 3 more weigh ins till our hols and 3lb + to lose. I'm not letting this blip ruin my chances of getting to my 3 stone loss (only need 1lb to go) fingers crossed. God I can ramble on lol.......

Hope the weekend gets better for you hun xx

Hope you're both feeling better soon. My mums dog has hurt his leg as well, apparently got an infection so has had some very expensive injections, he's allowed to walk but not to go far :(

I gained 1 1/2 lb this week and it must have been the heat, as I gained a lb the week before and both weeks should have lost really. So not a happy bunny to be honest.

My mum and Nanna bullied me into having half a danish pastry with them today :( I really enjoyed it though and have already worked out the syns on it are 10 for half, so I'm okay for today, had ALL my syns as already eaten a biscuit at 4.5 and a sausage at 1/2, but at least I didn't go over!

donna88 said:
Hope you're both feeling better soon. My mums dog has hurt his leg as well, apparently got an infection so has had some very expensive injections, he's allowed to walk but not to go far :(

I gained 1 1/2 lb this week and it must have been the heat, as I gained a lb the week before and both weeks should have lost really. So not a happy bunny to be honest.

My mum and Nanna bullied me into having half a danish pastry with them today :( I really enjoyed it though and have already worked out the syns on it are 10 for half, so I'm okay for today, had ALL my syns as already eaten a biscuit at 4.5 and a sausage at 1/2, but at least I didn't go over!

I'm glad I'm not the only one randomly gaining !! I hate gaining as my C isn't very sympathetic lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one randomly gaining !! I hate gaining as my C isn't very sympathetic lol

How many gains have you had?

It's horrible that your consultant isn't very sympathetic. I'm sure its something hiding a loss, if you've been 100% it can't be fat gain (although I know its depressing, I keep telling myself that but I still feel miserable that I've gained 2 1/2 in the past two weeks)

Could it be water retention from the heat (or something else) or were you wearing something heavier or ate something different, or drank more on WI day? What day do you weigh in?

donna88 said:
How many gains have you had?

It's horrible that your consultant isn't very sympathetic. I'm sure its something hiding a loss, if you've been 100% it can't be fat gain (although I know its depressing, I keep telling myself that but I still feel miserable that I've gained 2 1/2 in the past two weeks)

Could it be water retention from the heat (or something else) or were you wearing something heavier or ate something different, or drank more on WI day? What day do you weigh in?

Ive had three gains so far that I utterly deserved lol. This is my first random one. I WI on Monday but I sneaked a home peek. I think it's a mixture of water retention and TMI but ..... Constipation :( i feel very wobbly and chubby this week but I've been on plan. Not the BEST week I've ever had but certainly within the guidelines. I've been snacking more with the kids at home so maybe that's it? A differebt eating pattern that doesnt suit me maybe? We'll see on Monday!! I sooooo need a new group. Hope yours drops off too!!

Ive had three gains so far that I utterly deserved lol. This is my first random one. I WI on Monday but I sneaked a home peek. I think it's a mixture of water retention and TMI but ..... Constipation :( i feel very wobbly and chubby this week but I've been on plan. Not the BEST week I've ever had but certainly within the guidelines. I've been snacking more with the kids at home so maybe that's it? A differebt eating pattern that doesnt suit me maybe? We'll see on Monday!! I sooooo need a new group. Hope yours drops off too!!

if you do gain again this week dont let it put you off as it could be either something coming back from your bad weeks or down to time of the month.

thankyou, i normally weigh on a tuesday but dont know if im going this week as I have a lot on, not sure whether to just skip a weeks WI or try and make another one (only problem with other ones is ill have to get a lift out to them)

Back