61lb gone in six months!

I STS this week so quite disappointed. Going to the Lake District on Saturday for a week. So will try and be goodIf i don't get the DVD to you by tomorrow I'll have to wait until I come back. Haven't got it on disc yet

Irene xx

Irene xx

I STS this week so quite disappointed. Going to the Lake District on Saturday for a week. So will try and be goodIf i don't get the DVD to you by tomorrow I'll have to wait until I come back. Haven't got it on disc yet

Irene xx

Irene xx

Oh have a lovely time in the Lakes. Are you staying self-catering or hotel? Self-catering would be easier, wouldn't it, although you won't feel as pampered!

Don't worry about DVD, whenever you've got time.:)

AJ

Hi there AJ. This is the first time I've posted here so it's nice to meet you. Well done on getting your 5%. That's fantastic and only week 4. Hopefully I'll have mine in the next week or so.

Fab idea about the weighed out bags....... popcorn sticks in my teeth though I love it but am still finding bits weeks later despite flossing and brushing! Lol.

Anyhoo, yay you again for doing so well. Speak soon. xx

Hello there Sherry!:welcome2:

It is weird the way we can lose a lot one week and a little the next. Last week I lost 6lb which I did not really expect even though I wasn't well a couple of days. This week I lost half a pound.

Are you still trying to get to grips with points? I sometimes manage to eat all my points, but not always. It is odd to get to the end of the day and have to eat even if I don't want to. I think I need to allocate my breakfast and lunch points better.

However, having said all that, I am on 26 a day so it is a lot to fit in. I reckon that I will reduce that amount after next week. To either 25 or 24.

I have a bag of bags with different snacks in, hopefully they'll last longer than usual!;)

Tatty bye:wavey:

AJ

We always stay self catering which is easier and it is on a complex with a leisure centre wih a swimming pool

Hope to have a peaceful calm week and will try to eat sensibly

Irene xx

I must be the odd one out as I scratch my head in wonder and can't understand why people are struggling to eat all their points! I can eat for Scotland and have to stop myself! Haha!

I've been reading through people's diaries and sometimes they get to the end of the day having only had 15 points and have to force themselves to have a snack just to make their points up! I just don't get it? Haha. Is it me? I have managed to lose every week so far (scared incase I jinx it) but I must go over every day.

If it wasn't for power walking my dog everyday and Jazzersize 'n Line Dancing once a week then I think I'd have no chance of losing. Now the snow is here, the dog walking has stopped for now. (I fall over alot 'n the dog gets cold feet - lol).

So yeah I'm still trying to get the hang of it and have decided from tomorrow I'm gonna pull out my wee notebook and start tracking daily instead of doing it in my head. Hopefully that'll help me store up on spare points for the weekend and not eat them all in a day. I do rely on my Active Points. It'll turn round 'n bite me soon enough. Eek!

I must be the odd one out as I scratch my head in wonder and can't understand why people are struggling to eat all their points! I can eat for Scotland and have to stop myself! Haha! I just realised that you stay in Aberdeen Sherry. My hubby works up there in the week. I am expecting him home tonight, just in time for tea!

I've been reading through people's diaries and sometimes they get to the end of the day having only had 15 points and have to force themselves to have a snack just to make their points up! I just don't get it? Haha. Is it me? I have managed to lose every week so far (scared incase I jinx it) but I must go over every day.

If it wasn't for power walking my dog everyday and Jazzersize 'n Line Dancing once a week then I think I'd have no chance of losing. Now the snow is here, the dog walking has stopped for now. (I fall over alot 'n the dog gets cold feet - lol). There is no doubt that you are 'earning' extra points to eat doing all that exercise.:)

So yeah I'm still trying to get the hang of it and have decided from tomorrow I'm gonna pull out my wee notebook and start tracking daily instead of doing it in my head. Hopefully that'll help me store up on spare points for the weekend and not eat them all in a day. I do rely on my Active Points. It'll turn round 'n bite me soon enough. Eek!
I have such a notebook and use it instead of the tracker sheets. There is plenty of room to write notes and recipes, plus EVERY food is written down, or weighed and pointed. Even tomato sauce:D. Don't forget to write down the extra points for your exercise too. That'll get your points up nicely and you won't need to worry about eating too many points.

Have a great weekend!

AJ

Hi AJ

Congrats on getting your 5% your defo on a roll!!

Have a good weekend

x

I have such a notebook and use it instead of the tracker sheets. There is plenty of room to write notes and recipes, plus EVERY food is written down, or weighed and pointed. Even tomato sauce:D. Don't forget to write down the extra points for your exercise too. That'll get your points up nicely and you won't need to worry about eating too many points.

Have a great weekend!

AJ

Does he? Where abouts does he work? He must stay here in the week too does eh?

I've been bad today so I'm thinkin the tracker really must take effect in paper form from Monday. Just because Saturday is Chinese night and Sunday is roast dinner. I've so far managed to lose every week and long may it continue. Should I plateau or gain then I'll really start to flap!

S.x

Does he? Where abouts does he work? He must stay here in the week too does eh? Yeah, he does:(, I stayed there a couple of days last year and it is walking distance from Aberdeen city centre, about a mile. Just by a big river. He is self-employed consultant for some oil company, and has been up there for two years last October:(:(. There is nothing going where we stay at the moment, so just have to get on with it:sigh:.

I've been bad today so I'm thinkin the tracker really must take effect in paper form from Monday. Just because Saturday is Chinese night and Sunday is roast dinner. I've so far managed to lose every week and long may it continue. Well Sherry, you must be doing something right! Should I plateau or gain then I'll really start to flap! Oh I know what you mean, but please try not to flap because you may just panic and undo everything you've achieved. Take this advice from someone who has done this:rolleyes:.

S.x

Start your food diary from Monday. Have you got a points calculator? They are very useful when shopping. You'll often see me peering at packets and tins and muttering while holding a small silver-coloured object.:D

In fact, I've pointed everything in my kitchen cupboard too (and the freezer). Everything has little labels on. It really helps me to plan ahead and not be caught out. So, today I have prepared the slow cooker with 6 points of chicken, 7.5 points of white wine sauce, and zero point veg. We'll have that with rice tonight. Between four it will be 3.5 points each, plus rice (another three points for me). I should have plenty of points for dessert (maybe a bagel 3.5 points and some chocolate spread 1 point per 10g. Mmmm)

I also have the Eating Out book and that helps with planning meals out. The most important thing for me is to be able to eat anything I want, but point it first. So I have crisps, popcorn, cakes, chocolate, etc., but weigh or point everything first. Then, if I fancy something, I can have it.

Makes a big difference, but writing it all down and planning in advance does seem to help.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy your Chinese and roast dinner:D.

AJ

Hi hun, well done you on your 5% - you're doing brilliantly and in such a short space of time! Very impressive. Take care xxx

Had a shock phone call this morning, Adrian's mum died. Her carer was running her bath this morning and she collapsed and died.

We have been making phone calls today informing everyone. Adrian's brother will travel to Wales today to start organising things. We stay in Scotland so will make arrangements to go down this week.

Averil celebrated her 85th birthday just last week and we were arranging to go down next weekend. She likes going to Wetherspoons so we would have taken her there for lunch.

A post mortem will have to take place before we can arrange for a funeral, but we know what arrangements she would have liked, and her favourite music.

She studied medicine up here in Scotland and was a GP for many years in Wrexham, until she retired. She had Adrian when in her early 40's, and was waiting to adopt a baby girl when she found that she was pregnant. She had been trying for many years to have a family and thought it would never happen. Two years later she had another boy. Strange how things happen.

I am so grateful that she died at home and not in a hospital or nursing home - she would have hated that. I am glad too that she was not alone, a trusted carer was with her, looking after her.

I was reminising with Adrian and Jayne today and I recalled a time when Jayne was a young baby and Averil babysat for us so we could go out to Chester for the evening. When we got back, I checked on Jayne and discovered that Averil have changed her nappy. Only she had never used disposables before and obviously struggled with putting it on. Well, it was on inside out!:D I never told her. We were just to grateful to get out for the evening.

AJ

Hi AJ

Sorry to hear your sad and sudden news, was nice of you to share a bit about adrians mum with us all

x

Nannis and Calorie Crusader - thanks so much for your kind comments. Averil's funeral will take place on Tuesday, so we will be in Wales for a few days.

I went to my meeting and lost 3.5lb. Unfortunately my appetite has not been too good this week and I am sure I will pay for that in the future, but it's just one of those things. Looking at the long term, it won't make any difference. It is nice to wave bye bye to my first stone though.

Up here in Scotland we don't have a half term, but do get a couple of days off - Friday and Monday. I think we get a few more days off tacked onto our summer holiday. I would prefer a week off in February though:eek:.

At our WW meeting tonight, we had a trainee WW counsellor taking the meeting. She was nervous and unfortunately asked me questions about my weight loss, what I thought of it, whether I had used all my points, and why it happened. Well I was not going to cause her embarrassment by admitting the truth of the situation so I just said that I had not been well this week but hoped to be better next week.

It must be so hard to stand up in front of lots of people and conduct a meeting, but she did well. I have my fingers crossed that she gets more confident as she gets more practice.

AJ

Hope all goes well on tues for you and family.

Well done on saying goodbye to first stone, even though it was achieved under stressful circumstances. None the less its a stone thats gone and you should feel v.proud!!

x

well done on achieving your first stone AJ.. just sorry to hear it was under such upsetting circumstances :( thinking of you, Adrian and fam xxx

Hey AJ - sending lots of love to all your family. So sorry to hear your sad news! Keep your chin up chick.

xx

Well done on losing your first stone. Yay you. Take care.

Hope all goes well on tues for you and family.

Well done on saying goodbye to first stone, even though it was achieved under stressful circumstances. None the less its a stone thats gone and you should feel v.proud!!

x

Hia CC!

Things ok down here in Wales. Not a hint of snow anywhere. It was poignant to revisit Averil's home, now without her and we've been busy sorting stuff out for Tuesday.

Eating wise, still rubbish I'm afraid. My digestion is still weird and I feel really bloated after eating anything, it's really uncomfortable.

Hopefully it will all settle down again soon.

AJ

well done on achieving your first stone AJ.. just sorry to hear it was under such upsetting circumstances :( thinking of you, Adrian and fam xxx

Hia Rachael,

Thanks for your thoughts, really appreciated. I see from your stats that you are more than half way to your weightloss target now. The end is in sight!:D

AJ

Back