7/7/11 starters.

Sorry starlight !

Sounds like a plan mrmc ... I think whatever works for you . I haven't had any food cravings yet and even watching my friends eat today didn't bother me . Vino another story but even that "craving" is seriously diminishing ... Weird ....so ordered a tea with fresh mint and had to send it back 3 x as cafe added 1. Sugar 2. Passion fruit (eh?!!) 3. Lemon , then finally I suspect a litle lemon by which time I had lost the will to live ..,,

Well a very long day so good night all and see you tomorrow for day 19 whoop whoop !!! Xx

Day 19 7/11 ers and I think we are all still here despite mini TS blips and still fully on exante .

Can't believe it is our last day in the teens ! WI will soon be upon us .

Our diary here now cos of food references . Really really hard to try to TS without those as we all do refer to cravings or kids food or just general comparisons . Hopefully we can keep our thread alive !

Have a great day all ! Me off for hair cut ! Xxx

I'm still here! No idea where the thread has moved to?? Think we need a new section for people who do darn well but occasionally use a support forum, to discuss what they are going through and get support ??!! Anyways here we are day 19, and it's going to be a full on TS day.

The strange thing is though I didn't actually mention food in my posts, only that I was going to move around my AAM days? Outside of that I said how hard it was to deal with a childrens party. So on the TS thread I guess you can't discuss what foods you will have on AAM.

Anyway, this is still a great place to be and let's push on to goal.

Have a great day all

Glad you found it ! It's on the general forum I think .....! Yeah didn't think we were discussing food either but seems like any mention of it is a no no on TS . Fair enough .

I will keep bumping it up but maybe we can move it to the diary section or start a new diary thread ?

Have a good day ! X

Ooooh you naughties... Talk of pizza veggie burgers and salad ring bells lol sounds yummy

MrMc said:
Think we need a new section for people who do darn well but occasionally use a support forum, to discuss what they are going through and get support ??!! Anyways here we are day 19, and it's going to be a full on TS day.

The strange thing is though I didn't actually mention food in my posts

Have a great day all

The main forum is for general support queries and anything else, the only rule is the TS has NO food references.

You mentioned pizza garlic bread and ice cream all in one post lol That kinda counts as food references :whoopass:

Teatime is going to be tough. They are all having Pizza, garlic bread, ice cream (You get the picture!) There are also enough sweets to sink a canoe!

The main forum is for general support

Last edited:
Hey Starlight no problem here, however I was referring to a children's party that I was throwing, and pointing out the difficulties in temptation, not what I was about to eat. It does however bring up a very valid point though in that perhaps one of the reasons there is often a significant bounce back in weight after a VLCD is because food is treated as a forbidden and is excluded from thought and deed. From a psychological perspective, anything forbidden creates a desire, couple that desire with even more forbidden foods because of what they contain in a 'normal' diet, fat and the like, and you have now really upped the anti for the ole brain.

It may well be that a rational discussion of reality including desires and difficulties over food and it's removal in a TFR would assist some / many.

If the general forum is that place, hell, I don't mind. Anywhere suits.

Also, I think it creates difficulty for those that have 'fallen off the wagon'. You only need to look at the members on this thread to see that. Many have stopped posting as they have not been 100%. (Ive seen there posts in other places.) I think the fact that we can now discuss these aspects more freely and openly may help some. Also allow them to fully express difficulties, issues, surrounding food in total freedom.

I think what I would like to do is to set up a new thread for this though. For people who want for all / most of the time, or for whose aspiration is TS, but still recognising food and all that it entails, is and will always be part of our life.

Where would this new thread best be placed? I would like to call it Total Solution - Your Own Way.

To be honest though that is what the general forum is all about. You can post about absolutely anything you like on here nothing whatsoever is off limits

The 100% forum rules are NO food whether it's something you're going to eat. Something someones else is eating or something you dream of eating. No food references what so ever are allowed. Same goes for the 100% section in the other diets.

Any food references discussions etc are more than welcome here in the main forum. Whether you're doing TS WS or SS it's all fair game so long as it's posted here :)

The total solution section has been renamed and the blurb highlighted.

Maybe looking at it a different way would help too

If youre following Exante, the Exante forum is the place for you. If you have any questions, queries, thoughts, tips or anything else about Exante post there. If youre struggling, falling off the wagon, post there. If youre having a good week and motivated post there. Basically anything at all you want to say/ask about Exante, use the Exante section. The main Exante section is for people following any and all Exante plans, TS, WS or SS

If however youre finding a TFR diet hard and dont want to come online and read about food of any description for a while, then you can post/read threads in the 100% section. The 100% forums are like a safe haven. Safe in the knowledge you can ask/give help and support etc without any references to food.

If you're following TS you are ofcourse very welcome to post about struggling etc just don't mention food :)

Last edited:
That's great Starlight. Like the new name. How about a forum though for those that are specifically doing TS, but may adapt the AAM, or who feel the need to discuss food. How about Total Solution - (Food References) Surely that would make your life soooooooo much easier. That way those of us who specifically want to do TS, but also want the freedom to discuss food, temptation, adapting AAM, would feel free to do so. As when I have looked, many are Trying to do TS, but experiencing some difficulty and offering a TS forum that allows the freedom of discussion, would IMHO, be well supported.

How about giving that a try?

That way, those trying or giving TS there best shot will have somewhere specific where they can go and not be mixed or muddled by the other options in a general forum which is not specific to there goals.

I think it might be a winner.

Well, a quality TS day over. Didn't feel hungry at all and realised at 10pm I hadn't actually had all three today so enjoyed a bar with a cup of Redbush & Vanilla to wrap up the day. Two more days til weigh in number 3. That has gone so fast.

Am looking forward to my weekend away and Ball on Saturday night.

Hope everyone else is good.

Morning all (mr mc !!) glad you had good day yesterday . Me too and oh my it's now day 20 ! We are out of our teens ... Feel so old :(
Wow a ball ! Are you getting all dressed up ? New tux for your ever shrinking mrmc Ness ?

I had my hair done yesterday at a new hairdressers and it's gorgeous if I say so myself ! Really needed it after all the nhs mini breaks etc . Also they offer for 65 £ a daily wash and blow dry for a MONTH so guess who treated herself ?! Off again tomorrow ... Well figured saving ££££ on food eating out etc that I am worth it !

Hope today goes well all x

Quality treat MK.

Yes it's a full on Military Ball. It is themed though for the 1920's prohibition, so am having to get some 'accessories'. Am going for the Al Capone / Bugsy Malone look

Have more people staying with us again. This time a little one is in the house. Forgotten what that is like!!!

Am going to make sure I drink plenty today as I only had about 4 1/2 pints yesterday.

Already have the feeling it's going to be a great day!

Enjoy your day MK.

wow sounds like a lot of fun! You must definitely post pictures !

Yeah little ones are cute but also forgotten what they are like.

I downloaded an iphone app to record water on (its free- "Waterlogged") but like you not drinking enough at the moment... finding most of the liquid is coffee oh dear !

Good day today. Am having a mini crisis though over my impending trip. It has now turned into a mini festival road trip with three different houses over 6 days!

Two of the days will be fine as they know all about Exante, however the other 2 stops are a different story. The Ball you already know about, and now there are some old uni friends and there family who we will be crashing with to start with.

Not quite sure what to do. It is incredibly important to relax and have good time, but equally I dont want to wipe out some serious hard effort.

I'm thinking I may go for a sensible 'low cal' option. Choosing protein meals only is a bit unfair to place on my hosts as I am vegetarian.

Will give it some more thought and post back later.

Ooh a hard one . Me thinking you do need to enjoy yourself but at the same time not sabotage the past three weeks . I am guessing be a vegetarian that they all know that and ( probably) will be catering differently for you ? If that's the case maybe ok to suggest quorn/egg options or cottage cheese etc etc with veggies and greens or salad ? Be worth trying to stick to soups or shakes for some meals ? Eek a hard one . Thinking if you go for carbs you do the refeed process ? X

Friend /atkins

Prey but I've moved over to Atkins as exante didn't agree with me, I won't go into details..... I know I have the weight to loose and I'm determined to do it and hopefully Atkins will Agree. Hope you all do really well!!! Take care! :)

Back