7 DAY CHALLENGE, ANYONE?

Hi everyone,

Just an update on how the day's going. So far, so good! I have had:

1 mushroom soup
1 choc raspberry ice cream
3.5 litres water.

Worked a bit later tonight so as I am home later that means that I still have 2 packs to go, when I've usually eaten them all by now!

Hope everyone else is having a good evening!

DAY 2

Well. Kangy. I absolutely get the same 4 pm thing. except mine lasts all night. I like your approach - I 'm going to start telling myself the same thing, when I start to wobble.

had nothing all day. drank about 35 ml so far - so have some serious catching up to do. off to have my usual toffee muffin.

post properly later, once I've glugged my own weight in fizzy water.

Sarah, How does LL differ from CD? do you know?

xS

Wigglychick

In response to your question about muffins earlier - I mix a pack with 1 tbsp of Splenda. mix to a thick paste and microwave for 20 - 30 secs. Makes a nice fluffy souffle/ muffin. you can turn it out onto a plate - which makes it transportable too. although I like them hot like pudding!!!. toffee is lush, banana good. mixed together (banoffee - yum). chocolate good, butterscotch ok.

I got the recipe from here. I hate shakes - but find the muffins totally palatable!!!

Sascha

I am another 4pm struggler! I call it my "dangertime". I've had plenty of moans about my dangertime on my diary, so much so that I think I've bored myself and began to wonder whether by labelling it as such that I'm setting myself up for failure at that time!

A few weeks ago I got so fed up with it that I decided that my dangertime didn't actually exist, it's just a bad habit time, left over from having a snack when I used to come home from school. Mine too can last a whole evening and I often wonder what on earth I can do to get over it!

Sacsha, LL is pretty much the same as CD - 4 smaller packs rather than the 3 which equate to the same amount of calories. LL has a counselling element to it - in a weekly small group meeting. Unfortunately because of that it is also much more expensive. I went back to LL from CD because of the group support thing. Think I am more likely to succeed because I have found another group that I think I can relate to.

Just one question for you though, you mention about a tbsp of splenda in your muffin, is that the granulated type because if you're SSing you are only meant to have the tablet type of sweeteners. Not sure what the difference is but, that's what is recommended.

Ohmygod - I had no idea about the Splenda thing. Noooobody told me that! least of all my counsellor!!!!

Thanks sooo much!

xS

Don't worry about it hun, not sure of the exact reasons but it does say in the Cambridge yellow book "no sugar (a tablet sweetener may be used)". When I make a muffin I put 3 tablets in the bottom of a ramekin and dissolve in a little warm water instead. Then I add the pack, the same as you. Same effect!

If it hasn't affected you too much already then please don't worry too much!

Sarah

well. funnily enough- today is the only day I haven't used Splenda. And I've gone pink (on ketostix) for the first time. There maybe something in it.

I just did a quick Google search - I think it's because in order to make Splenda granulated - they add maltodextrin to change the texture.

So I shall do it your way from now on!

thanks again!

xS

Thanks for the recipe Sascha, I'll give it a go...does the Splenda make it really, really sweet? (I'll get some tabs to do it with.) I've made cakes with the granules before and had to reduce the amount of Splenda (before SS this was of course)

Today I have had choc tetra, choc mint sachet and oriental chilli sachet and a lake of water and some peppermint tea. Just about to try some black decaff coffee, not sure if i will like it but going to give it a go for a different taste!

My worst time of day is from 4ish onwards, I was ok tonight once I'd have my soup and a pint of water though - it's always been my nibbly time of day, I assumed it was because I was eating rubbish that wasn't lasting until evening meal time!

:wave_cry: Hello Sascha and hello to all the other ladies on here. I havent checked in since the start of the challenge, I am in the process of selling 2 properties and I am exhausted.:sigh: I was doing so well and then last night I slipped up and ate 2 bags of chips :cry: I feel so bad, it was even hard typing this and telling you guys. but today is a new day and I will try to keep a postive outlook and maybe do a extra workout this morning. everybody looks like they are doing so well and I am so encouraged by everyones commitment, well i am off to do my exercise. :wave_cry:

:wave_cry: Hello Sascha and hello to all the other ladies on here. I havent checked in since the start of the challenge, I am in the process of selling 2 properties and I am exhausted.:sigh: I was doing so well and then last night I slipped up and ate 2 bags of chips :cry: I feel so bad, it was even hard typing this and telling you guys. but today is a new day and I will try to keep a postive outlook and maybe do a extra workout this morning. everybody looks like they are doing so well and I am so encouraged by everyones commitment, well i am off to do my exercise. :wave_cry:

Don't worry about it - goodness 1 property is stressful enough let alone 2!! Keep glugging the water and get straight back on the wagon and you'll be fine.

Please don't ever worry about telling us anything on here, we're all in the same boat and I have personally slipped up so many times I've lost count.

Have a good day today and let us now how you get on. :hug99:

Day 3

Not doing badly on the SSing front today (although I must admit of going over my packs yesterday).

Today I have had:

1 thai chilli pack (currently drinking it)
2.5 litres water

Pulled a muscle in my neck this morning which was ok until I had to drive. Now it really hurts and I have just wanted chocolate all morning. Instead I have just had coffee and got on with it.

Hope everyone else feels better than I do!!! :(

sarah - sorry you're feeling rubbish today. Pulling a muscle in your neck is really painful. I hope it feels better as the day goes on. Good for you for resisiting the chocolate.

So far 1 chocolate shake and 2.25l water. Just about to have a strawberry shake, then off to the garden centre to get some more compost!!

Hope everyone's having a good day and you've all got this lovely sunshine!!

K xx

Sounds like you have a LOT going on USAgirl - don't beat yourself up, just start afresh :)

Sorry about your neck westiegirl - that really hurst I know from painful experience :( hope it eases off - well done for avoiding the choc though :D

I am freezing today - had a dreadful night's sleep last night. Went to bed at 10.30 feeling sleepyish, read a chapter of my book, snuggled down...and nothing! Wide awake :eek: After an hour or so of that I got up and watched some television! Of course, this morning was shattered then. Bit irritated with all of that because I felt so fabulous yesterday!
So far today I've had the choc. tetra and a choc mint shake and lots of water. This is my day 6 and I know something has happened because my trousers are looser :bliss: Started with psyllium husks yesterday, didn't notice them at all in my soup but forgot to put them in the shake I just had, lol!

What sort of exercise are you all doing ? On Monday I got most of my house jobs done and decided that I'd get some gardening done on Tuesday or go for a walk...since I had that thought it's been raining!

Hi All

Wow Day 3. Well in the pink despite the granulated Splenda fiasco. No, Wiggly, the Splenda makes the muffins just sweet enough. I'm switching to tablets though - Sarah uses three, she said - so try that.

USA girl - just keep going. one house sale= a major life event, let alone 2.

Also feeling the need for chocoloate today - may have a choc pack. anyone having bars? Are you allowed to have bars in SS?
Wiggly, I'm off to the gym again this afternoon. I do 15 mins on bike 15 on cross trainer. 15 of powerplate, and 15 of run/ walk on treadmill.
But my sister's nicked my iPod - so we'll see how it goes...!

Bored....

Thanks Sascha - off to get the tabs in a bit, forgot this morning! I'm not on bars yet - wk 3 I think I can have them.
I need to get some exercise going...might get my bike out for a little ride tomorrow if the weather is fine :)

Good news, I was feeling 'less' iykwim so decided to try on some trousers that didn't fit...they fit :D so thrilled, it's spurred me on through a day where I've felt quite bleurrgh for some reason (prob. lack of sleep!)

Hey all,

I, once again, showed myself to have the willpower the size of a small pea.... lasted til Monday then gave in....again. So I made a pact with stacey on here (we are msn diet buddies) to start today, and made a plan to help us get thru the restart. And today, I have completed my first full day of SS, in addition to starting my new temp cleaning job which is exhausting and im sure must be doing some toning on my bod, then doing a shift at the radio station i work for, and coming home to do revision for my exams!!

So, all in all, a successful day! I'm not craving food at all although starting to feel a little hungry :-( I had a small piece of chicken breast at lunchtime (less than the 790 allowance) to deal with the hunger and it worked, and may have some mushrooms and broccoli later if i feel i HAVE to eat. But otherwise I'm trying to SS properly!

Good luck and well done to everyone who's on day 3 now!
xxx

Hi All

So far today. 1 choc bar. 1 choc pack. think I can see a theme developing. 2 L so far. maybe another L before bed.

Just back from gym. I'm also having trouble sleeping without the comforting carbs at suppertime! Hopefully the exercise will help. We'll see....

night-night, everyone!

xS

Evening all, just back from the pub then my brother's. Been watching footie but I ain't even gonna go there!

Just forcing myself to have my last 2 packs of the day, even though it's late and I don't really want them!

Have had:

1 thai chilli soup
1 choc banana ice cream
1 raspberry muffin
1 hot choc

Lost track of water, but at least 4 litres (although some was diet coke in the pub).

Going to bed now to sulk :mad:!

Hope everyone else has had a good day.

Hi Sarah - hope you're feeling better today!

Sascha - hope you slept better - i don't sleep very well on this diet to start out with, Woke up at some abnormal hour this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.:sigh:

Wannabeslim - yeah!! for a successful day. Hope today goes well for you too!!

Well I'm in the pink!!:D My ketostix turned pink yesterday so I'm really pleased about that. I cartainly wasn't hungry last night, though I did want to eat! ;) I am going to walk into town with my boys later in their buggy and get a pedometer, and the walk back up the hill with them will certainlu do me good!!

Hope you all have a good day!

K xx

Hi Kangy, well done getting in the pink. It sometimes seems like the holy grail to get into ketosis but I always find that it doesn't necessarily stop me wanting to eat! My shoulder does feel a bit better today, so I hope it stays that way.

I have had a raspberry shake so far because I go straight from work to my LL meeting tonight. Don't usually get home until after 10pm so I'll be back later with my weigh in results.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Back