7 Day SS'ing Challenge - EPISODE II

doing OK so far guys,

picked Zoe up, been to Asda to do the shopping. Have popped home for Zoe to have lunch and Ive just had second pack and another 1/2 litre water. Off out to shops in a bit when Zoe has finished eating.

Weeing for England today so hopefully that'll be some of my 6lb gain disappearing.

Oh Sam thats great news. You seem to be doing really well today.

Ive had 2 litres of water already and im just starting my 3rd so doing good on the water today. I bought those phsyllium husks to take but i think i need a clear out first (sorry if TMI). Any suggestions?? Tried senokot but I dont think theyre much good?

I meant to ask you guys about the bullion too....the one I bought isnt powder? Its like a concentrated really thick gravy in a packet. Like you'd buy the sauces for your stir fry. im assuming these are ok too?

Well done so far Sam :D

SJ - How is your sore throat today? I hope you feel better and that your daughter hasn't got it too.

Tara - Hope your sore mouth isn't too bad! Hope you are better soon too.

Laney - I use the CD veg flavouring. I have a tub of marigold bullion too but I think someone said it is higher in salt so may cause water retention. I stopped using it when I read that and bought the CD one. I'm not sure about the concentrated stuff in packets, I don't think I would risk it because it may be high in salt, but I am NO expert!!

Minime - How are you today? Hope you feel less bloated. Did you watch Torn last night? I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Westie - How are you? Feeling better I hope!

Blonde one - I had Trident chewing gum in July the first time I tried CD, I think maybe it made me hungry though because it wasn't long after starting chewing trident that I had a pig out session! So I'm not risking it this time (YET!) I don't know about Airwaves though.

Missleo - I grew a shoe size when I put on weight too. I don't know if it was due to pregnancy or just general weight gain over the years. My shoes are starting to feel a bit big now though so I'm wondering if I might have shrinking feet!

Doodles - Glad you are back in Ketosis! What an amazing loss you have had so far. I only just noticed your ticker :eek: Hope it goes well for you now that you are back in Ketosis!

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I'm still needing to glug a LOT more water today. My clothes fund is going to increase massively today when I take the carrot cake I've made out of the oven in a few mins! Must resist, must resist!

Bye for now

Oh Mochaj - my favourite - Carrot Cake.

I'm chucking a £ in my clothes fund just thinking about it...

H xx

Good... just feel like my mind's been wiped from all thoughts of food at the moment...

I've had my half of tetra this afternoon... the water's going down slowly but when I'm comfortably in Ketosis I find I slow down drinking as the hungers gone so I don't need that water to make me feel full up...

Will get glugging now and make sure I do the 3L before hometime..

We all seem to be doing good today.. this threads been brilliant for me..

H x

Hi, just got in from a massive shopping spree....starting xmas shopping early, I want to be organised this year. I have noticed that since I started losing weight I am a so much more organised. I dunno if thats because I have bags more energy, or just that I am getting my life in order ?!?

Mochaj How can you cook a carrot cake?? You must have amazing willpower....the smell of a freshly baked carrot cake would send me over the edge ;)

Hannah I am wanting to loose another stone and a half....i think! Never been slim so dont know until I get there. I am 13 stone at the moment...last time I weighed this I was 13 yrs old!!!

I am 4 ltrs down and just about to make my fave soup cheese & broccolli mmmmmm

Hi just a quickie from me, sorry I'm not replying individually but I still feel like poo!

Work was ok, but I was definately a grump!

I have had 2 packs and a pack of sliced chicken (I'm afraid I did do the mayo thing with it but it was for the benefit of my throat).

My throat is is still very sore and my ear is aching like mad. I have been popping tablets all day and felt much better. I came home and had a burst of energy and cleaned my flat. I then went to the shops to buy a birthday present for a girl at work, and now I feel awful again. Think I did too much and haven't had any tablets!

I am also so cold! Probably a mixture of ketosis, illness and the change of weather. Signing off soon, another early night for me!

Hope everyone else is ok and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow xxx

Hi guys...

Westie, so sorry you're poorly - you really do sound like you need an early night and some TLC so hugs from us all here...

:gen126:

Doodles, I have loads of energy on this diet as well. I haven't stopped since I got in. I've just put DS to bed in the hope for a bit of a chill..! You watch, the phone will start ringing now - it's always the way. :)

I'm now 13st and haven't yet set myself a final goal weight. Nice to know I'm only 1.7 of a point away from just being overweight and not obese..:D

I survived dinner - cooked spag bog and the house still smells of it. DS demolished his plate and any leftovers went straight into the bin and a portion in the freezer.

I've just made up half a hot tetra to have with my Cranberry Crunch bar - I wish I liked the soups but I'm really not keen. I'll have to get some of the savoury drink because I really do crave savoury sometime.

Hoping to do at least another 0.5L of water before bed.

Mochaj - how's that carrot cake - are you resisting or are you wiping the last of the crumbs from round your mouth (I know the answer really but just checking...) :D

H x

Mochaj - how's that carrot cake - are you resisting or are you wiping the last of the crumbs from round your mouth (I know the answer really but just checking...) :D

H x

Resisted! (so far ;)) Kids have demolished some and the rest is safely out of sight now in a cake tin. If I can see it, I want it, so that's safest!

I'm only 3 litres of water down and I sooo wanted to do 5 today. I'll manage another 1 before bed probably. I still have to have a shake too. Might sit and have that and watch the new thing on ITV2 with Billie Piper later. Have you heard about that "Diary of a call girl"? I'm interested in seeing it because I used to read Belle du Jours blog a few years ago, before she had it turned into a book and now a TV prog. It will be interesting to see if it is similar to the original blog.

Mocha

been ok on ss today - although lacking in water consumption - just at 3.5 litres now.

Had wedding dress fitting - the basque worked a treat and made me feel good - was funny with mum not there though - didn't feel any wow factor. i love the dress and it fits lovely on my shape but . i dunno think i'm starting to panic about things or things not being done already...

hope all are ok - sorry not been a good day really today - just no real moral.

Morning girls,
Hope we all ok this morning,
I am feeling brighter today after yesterdays denist trip, still a bit uncomfterble but thats to be expected, only managed 2 & half ltrs water yesterday, and only had my 2 tetras and a mushroom soup couldnt cope with eating anything.
Anyway to days a new day and am going to do better with the water
I get weighed today at 1.45 so fingers crossed

Good luck for WI tara :)

I'm in SHOCK! I just got out of the shower and decided to try on some jeans I bought. I dropped a size in jeans a couple of weeks ago to 14 (tesco - which are definitely sized wrong!) This morning I am sitting here in a pair of SIZE 12 :eek:

I weigh 12st 5.75 at my last scale hop, so how on earth can I be wearing size 12 jeans. I must be a really odd shape because the top I am wearing is 18 lol!

I had to take the jeans off twice and check the label, I was sure it was lying :p

I think Tesco sizes are totally crazy but hey ho it says 12 and so I feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! I'll just not buy anything in any other shops for a few weeks so I don't come crashing down with a bang when I realise I'm really still bigger than Tesco says!

I hope everyone else is having a good day so far

blimey Mochaj a 12! i can't even imagine what that's like! well done.
Saffron - hope you feel better. I was told yesterday my ear ache is actually root canal - having that done 10 days before the wedding EEEEKS

Well i'm happier this morning, dropped 3lbs so down to 13st 9lbs today on my scales . I had forgotten i had eaten a small portion of pasta on monday night when i had a bad i can't do this moment then immediately regretted it! so that's probably why i've not lost any until today.

On the CD's scales last nite i was 13st 9lbs but on mine at home i was 13st 12lb - so i'm carrying on using my scales for the losses etc.

so:
Start weight 14st 9lbs
wk 1 - 11lbs so 13st 12lbs
wk 2 - we'll see on monday but 3lbs loss by friday already

Well done with the loss Blonde one! Also a BIG well done for forgetting the pasta and getting back on the diet quickly. That is so tough to do. I didn't manage! When I had my blip in July it turned into a 6 week blip :eek: So I have admiration for anyone who has a mini blip and gets straight back on with it :D

Morning All.

Wow mocha, congrats on the size 12. I take it you will be wearing them inside out today so everyone can see the label lol.

Sarah, hope you are feeling better today. its definitely that time of year for coughs and colds. I sold no end of flu remedies at work last night.

My diet wasnt 100% yesterday but was a damn site better than the previous 3 days. Had 3 packs and some ham with salad and coleslaw.. Ive got a major headache today so ketosis may be on its way hopefully. I hate feeling hungry.

Heres hoping for a good day for us all today.

Back