8 1/2 stone journey - 11 month to target

Binks1968

Started weight loss journey in 14 th April 2018 . Not sure of exact weight as too scared to look, but estimate around 19 stone, size 22 5’7” age 50 and vegetarian since aged 14

Lost 35 pounds in first 9 weeks but need company for the hard bit.

My target is to lose another 6 stone by March 13th 2019 ( husbands 50th)

That’s basically a kilo a week , or 2.2 pounds for 37 weeks ...
if you want a motivational friend on your weight loss journey then join me on my road to success

I lost 5 stone in 2012 , never got to target, then put it all back on plus an extra 2 stone.

The plan this time is to get to target, let nothing derail me, and stay at target using 5:2 fasting

I’m currently on 1200 cals a day with about 80g carbs plus heavy weights three times a week and 30 min cardio every day .... even with a broken wrist and chest infection as I’ve had the last few weeks!! No excuses , my new rule is I don’t have to want to do it - I just do it !!

Weigh in days are Sunday , look forward to chatting 😘🧜🏻‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

Last edited:
Started weight loss journey in 14 th April 2018 . Not sure of exact weight as too scared to look, but estimate around 19 stone, size 22 5’7” age 50.

Lost 35 pounds in first 9 weeks but need company for the hard bit.

My target is to lose another 6 stone by March 13th 2019 ( husbands 50th)

That’s basically a kilo a week , or 2.2 pounds for 37 weeks ...
if you want a motivational friend on your weight loss journey then join me on my road to success

I lost 5 stone in 2012 , never got to target, then put it all back on plus an extra 2 stone.

The plan this time is to get to target, let nothing derail me, and stay at target using 5:2 fasting

I’m currently on 1200 cals a day with about 80g carbs plus heavy weights three times a week and 30 min cardio every day .... even with a broken wrist and chest infection as I’ve had the last few weeks!! No excuses , my new rule is I don’t have to want to do it - I just do it !!

Weigh in days are Sunday , look forward to chatting 😘🧜🏻‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

Good luck with your diet journey. I’m also calorie counting, I aim for 1000 - 1200 a day 😄

Hi good luck with your weight loss journey. I am 51 weigh 20.9 and I have started Cambridge this week to kick start me. On 1200 cals at the moment. Congrats on the weight loss you have already achieved.

Thank you little miss naughty - well done in nearly getting to goal!
I was on 1000-1200, but have increased to 1200-1300 to add more protein as I was losing more muscle than fat 😳 dont feel any less hungry on more , and feel a bit less motivated weirdly ??

Hey Debfro, lovely to meet you!
Well done in taking the first step , your not much more then I was when I started just 10 weeks ago.
I make my own smoothies and eat real food to add to 1200, low carb is the key for me, as soon as I go above 80g carbs I start getting more hungry - though I do allow up to 100 if I fancy the occasional sandwich. As a vegetarian low carb is difficult so I have to plan meals with military precision and write everything down in a book!! See sad photo !! I thought if I wrote everything down then if I fell off the wagon and forgot ( yes I’m worried about self sabotage !) how to diet I could just follow my own diet list again - this book will last three months and I’ve akready got the next one lined up🤣🤣 I’ve only started tracking protein in the last week to make sure I have more than 100g a day .

Don’t forget to put your starting weight and goal etc on your ‘banner ‘ xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Thank you little miss naughty - well done in nearly getting to goal!
I was on 1000-1200, but have increased to 1200-1300 to add more protein as I was losing more muscle than fat 😳 dont feel any less hungry on more , and feel a bit less motivated weirdly ??

How strange. I’m really struggling with protein I’m trying my hardest to eat more and less carbs.

am having an extra home made protein smoothie (30 ) adding an extra 10g to my smoothies and adding either an additional 2 hard boiled eggs (17)or 100g cottage cheese (17)per day. that adds up to an extra 57g a day, which pretty much doubles my protein to take it to the recommended gramm per kilo if you are gymmiing and doing weights.
First post protein increase weigh intomorrow, not feeling great about it, been on 2 weeks progesterone as part of hrt and feel v bloated so expecting my first v small weighloss this week and hopefully a 'whoooooosh" next week!

am having an extra home made protein smoothie (30 ) adding an extra 10g to my smoothies and adding either an additional 2 hard boiled eggs (17)or 100g cottage cheese (17)per day. that adds up to an extra 57g a day, which pretty much doubles my protein to take it to the recommended gramm per kilo if you are gymmiing and doing weights.
First post protein increase weigh intomorrow, not feeling great about it, been on 2 weeks progesterone as part of hrt and feel v bloated so expecting my first v small weighloss this week and hopefully a 'whoooooosh" next week!

I hasn’t thought about making protein smoothies.
Good luck with your weigh in today 😄

Ps
My own am protein smoothie recipe

2 cartonsunsweetened almond milk
120g pulsin organic whey protein powder ( I buy 5kg at a time as it’s cheaper)
25g physillium husk powder ( thickens)
30 g cocoa powder

Makes 4
240 cal
5.5 carbs
30g protein

Serve very chilled it tasted like choc milk shake so I have had no choccy cravings as I’m not denying myself cocoa , just the dugar and fat in it

Went to Sainsbury’s tonight to get some diet jellies and found myself reeeeeallky tempted . Bought a packet of marshmallows which are going to have to be thrown in the lift for Xmas when I get home.
Have been shopping at markies to reduce temptation ( hardly anything is vegetarian ) now I know why !!!

Hi Binks 39 pounds is really something to be proud of. I lost 6 pounds on my first weigh in and in the zone now. I don't have a lot of time so will be popping on and off to watch you and get some inspiration. Well done

Not sure how to put starting weight on my banner and actually not sure what it was. I asked her not to tell me as I get disheartened.

You sound like you are doing great! Only thing I have been finding that is a quick source or protein on sw that isnt fruit or veg is boiled eggs so I have been basically living on boiled eggs, salad and fish.

not far for you to go till you are under the 16 stone mark!

Hi di, I hit 16 st today ( well 16.03 but we will forget the .3! ) I dont eat fish either, that’s why I’m low carbing so I can have more fat , emergency protein today was a small 100 cal cheese finger , then a veggie sausage from another shop . Stupid me forgot to plan eating for being out 10-4 at gym - except for 240 cal smoothie.

Last edited:
Not sure how to put starting weight on my banner and actually not sure what it was. I asked her not to tell me as I get disheartened.

Click on your name or go to settings using the lines in the top lhs

Another week gone along with another 2.5 pounds. Now totalling 44.5 pounds in 12 weeks . Feeling very proud of self . Am hoping that by eating a little more protein , increasing calories by 100 a day , that I am losing more fat not muscle . Will measure next Sunday to see if that’s the case , fingers crossed!
Losing so much so quickly feels kind of weird , I can see my tummy button again , am nearly able to cross my legs easily , can cycle up a very very steep hill near my house, have gone down a bra band size .

Only negative has been the mri I had two weeks ago which shows issues with every joint in my neck , so I have an emergency appintment request for a neuro surgeon . I hope they suggest breast reduction before spinal surgery...because that’s the problem, but I have to get to 10 7 before i have that done .

Onwards and upwards . Would love to have a fluky week this week and suddenly lose 5 pounds! The hot weather has meant really poor sleep for several weeks. Because I diary everything which goes in my mouth , I know I haven’t eaten more , but I do think it’s making a negative difference .

And my oh my how glad am I , in this hot weather , that I made the decision on 14 th April to say no to being overweight and started my journey to target. This will be my LAST fat summer .

Back