8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

Hi is there anyone with over 8 stone to lose out there or am I the only one.

I did CD 3 years ago to go on holiday to Mexico and lost over 5 stone but when we got back we didn't go back onto CD which was the first mistake.

My husband and I do The CD together and this time our son isn't living with us, so no having to cook meals for him, so no food in the house at all.

I would like to lose 10 stone and my husband Glenn would like to lose 7 stone.

We should be on the CD weight loss plan till about Christmas on SS and then we will most likely go onto SS+ with a light meal at night.

This time we will do the stabilisation and maintenance steps as well because this will be the very last time I want to use this diet.

This forum was great last time giving ideas and encouragement to others so will be on here on and off for the next god knows how long....

May we find the strength, to find the willpower, to lose the weight

Jane

Yes i needed to loose 8 stone and i have lost 5.5 stone in 15 weeks so far.

Like you i have lost before on Cd but stupidly did not follow maintenace this is the key and what you do after if you change your life after you can keep off for sure.

I will do it this time i am away to america in 2 weeks will go there low carb have a few beers but come back finish job off and then do maintenance.

I wish you lots luck and keep us up to date with your progress.

xx

Hi richman14, you are where we were before we went to Mexico, we only put 2lbs on in Mexico over the 2 weeks but when we got home we went back to our old ways and put it all back on, the old adage of "do what you have always done and get what you have always gotten" is very correct.

The life style change is what we will need to do, that will be the hard, part keeping it off.... xx

Hi richman14, you are where we were before we went to Mexico, we only put 2lbs on in Mexico over the 2 weeks but when we got home we went back to our old ways and put it all back on, the old adage of "do what you have always done and get what you have always gotten" is very correct.

The life style change is what we will need to do, that will be the hard, part keeping it off.... xx

Agree Lou that is the real test after you get back

Hi there

Holding my hand up, another one here with a lot to lose. I started at 20 stone and haven't really set a target but am thinking something like 11 stone would be sensible, so a whopping 9 stone to lose :(

Having said that, I'm just going into week 7 and have already lost just under 3 stone so I suppose really only another 6 to go :)

Louie Lou - so much of what you've said could be me! I've successfully lost weight more times than I can count and my biggest achievement was losing 16 stone (with Slimming World, not Cambridge) back in the 90's. But my mindframe seems to be either I'm "on a diet" or "not on a diet". I seem to be able to cope "on a diet" okay and shed the weight but then as soon as I get near where I want to be, or a special occasion (like a holiday, xmas etc) comes along it breaks my routine and I go out of diet mode and into eating recklessly mode and the weight piles back on. I've never been able to find a middle ground of healthy eating, it's one extreme or the other. As I think you said, one thing about Cambridge is that it could act as motivation to maintain because I certainly don't want to have to do this again!

It's great that you and your husband are doing this together. My husband doesn't need to lose weight but he's being good and doing all the cooking. I still have to trawl round Tesco for the weekly shop though, and it's torture.

PS I noticed you're a fellow Staffie - anywhere near Stoke by any chance?

Potter x

Hi Potter, yes in Clayton. i also have done slimming world with success and also weight watcher and Atkins and so on and so on...

Hi Potter, yes small world.... you're doing well so far, good weight loses.
will have to wait till Tuesday for our first weigh in.
I wish there was a magic wand to wave and 20 weeks will have gone by and we could be 6 stone less.
It will fly by but it seems a long way off.... the first time the 12 weeks went very fast, fingers crossed this time will too.
Jane xx

Hi Louie Lou, hope you don't mind me posting. I was noseying about trying to find people with 'more to lose' like me!
I am doing Slim&Save, which is similar to CD, but with no consultant!
I started on 13/04 at 22:11.5 and my goal weight is 13:7, so 9 stone 4.5 seemed a daunting task! I have lost 3 stone in the first 7 weeks, and to realise that I know 'only' have 6 stone 4.5 to lose, is an amazing thing!
Good luck on your journey, will be good to follow your progress :)
Jo x

Hi you're doing really well. come on here at any time, it more for the amount to lose than how it done...
Keep up with the good work.
Out of couriosity how much does your diet cost each week...
Jane

Louie lou said:
Hi you're doing really well. come on here at any time, it more for the amount to lose than how it done...
Keep up with the good work.
Out of couriosity how much does your diet cost each week...
Jane

Thanks Jane, It's about £32 x

hey hun how many colories are in each shake it looks alot cheaper then cd and also nicer shakes x

Welshtigger said:
Hi Louie Lou, hope you don't mind me posting. I was noseying about trying to find people with 'more to lose' like me!
I am doing Slim&Save, which is similar to CD, but with no consultant!
I started on 13/04 at 22:11.5 and my goal weight is 13:7, so 9 stone 4.5 seemed a daunting task! I have lost 3 stone in the first 7 weeks, and to realise that I know 'only' have 6 stone 4.5 to lose, is an amazing thing!
Good luck on your journey, will be good to follow your progress :)
Jo x

Have done cd before? I've been over the s&s thread alot, everyone seems to love it x just confuses me that you can have so much more and losses are similar?
Do you still get the headaches? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Zest for Life said:
Have done cd before? I've been over the s&s thread alot, everyone seems to love it x just confuses me that you can have so much more and losses are similar?
Do you still get the headaches? X

Nope never done a VLCD before. It's still less than 800 cals a day-so not sure why you class is as 'so much more'??
Not had headaches at all-but have kept myself very hydrated right from the start :) x

Welshtigger said:
Nope never done a VLCD before. It's still less than 800 cals a day-so not sure why you class is as 'so much more'??
Not had headaches at all-but have kept myself very hydrated right from the start :) x

So much more as in, 3 shakes and a ss meal with veg and skimmed milk allowance? Cd usually 450 cals x
But the losses seem very similar x

how many calories are in 1 shake does anyone know please?x

Zest for Life said:
So much more as in, 3 shakes and a ss meal with veg and skimmed milk allowance? Cd usually 450 cals x
But the losses seem very similar x

I don't really think it makes much difference providing you stay below 800cals and remain in ketosis! There are alot of people who have done different VLCD and they've said that it's all the same if they're ketogenic :) x
By the way what's an ss meal please?

yes im on cd doing ss diet just 3 shakes a day but if s&s are the same calories then i might swap over as will save me £10 a week x

sarahjt said:
yes im on cd doing ss diet just 3 shakes a day but if s&s are the same calories then i might swap over as will save me £10 a week x

As long as your cals stay below 800 and you keep your carbs low-ie below 65/70g then you shouldn't notice a difference between losses :)

if they are 140 cals each then its just exact same as cd really just cheaper x so will only be taking in 420 calories a day same as cd x these ones you can mix with water cant you x

Back