8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

Book-Worm said:
Well done Louie-Lou! You had the same loss as me in my first week :D

Ladies, I was wondering, do you do any exercising? Last time I did CD, I did the 30 day shred. Very hard and intensive, and I couldn't do half of the exercises but I felt really toned up after only 10 days, especially in my upper body. And even got better at some of them after a while, especially anything to do with abs. What are your exercising secrets?

I have been doing S&S for nearly 8 weeks, and have just started running again! Only doing the couch to 5k program- have missed running, but figure I'd start slowly due to low calories :) x

Had my first weigh in today and have lost 16lbs :)And 5 inches off my hips!

Fantastic loss slim2012, you will be just like your name in no time at all
X

Wow Slim2012 that's fantastic, well done!

Thanks also to Mo-Jo and Book-Worm for your kind comments on my losses, another 6lbs off today :)

After reading your stories I have found a local Aqua-fit class and am going to take the plunge (so to speak) for the 1st time next week. As well as helping with weight loss and fitness, it actually sounds like it might be fun and I'm up for trying something different.

Have a good weekend ladies :)

Potter xx

Wow Slim2012 that's fantastic, well done!

Thanks also to Mo-Jo and Book-Worm for your kind comments on my losses, another 6lbs off today :)

After reading your stories I have found a local Aqua-fit class and am going to take the plunge (so to speak) for the 1st time next week. As well as helping with weight loss and fitness, it actually sounds like it might be fun and I'm up for trying something different.

Have a good weekend ladies :)

Potter xx
wow another amazing loss Potter well done you, and yay for taking the plunge (lol) with the aquafit you will love it!
best of luck for the new week hun ...not that you need it...CLEARLY hehe
Jo x

Wow, that is awesome SLIM2012. I also just had my first weigh in, but only lost 8lb.
Am in a similar position to you, weigh just slightly less and also need to get down to 10stones.
Would be great to have someone to go through this with...
Wish you luck!

pomegranates said:
Wow, that is awesome SLIM2012. I also just had my first weigh in, but only lost 8lb.
Am in a similar position to you, weigh just slightly less and also need to get down to 10stones.
Would be great to have someone to go through this with...
Wish you luck!

Only 8lbs ???? That's brill not deserved of an only :-( well done

Thanks.
I'm just a bit gutted as the first time I was on CD, I lost 12lb in my first week. I know I'll average out at 3lb a week, but I was hoping for a nice booster at the beginning as the journey is a fairly long one ahead!
I know it's good... but can't help but feel a bit gutted.
Hopefully I can get out of my funk and just enjoy watching the rest of it slide off!
Here's to December!!!!

aaaaw dont be down on 8lbs its a great loss!
I signature stalk a lot and ppl who dont have double figures 1st week do seem to have pretty good second week losses so fingers crossed your happier after next weigh in:)
Im never happy tho I always want more
but the weeks fly by dont they and the lbs add up ya just gotta keep on keeping on x

pomegranates said:
Thanks.
I'm just a bit gutted as the first time I was on CD, I lost 12lb in my first week. I know I'll average out at 3lb a week, but I was hoping for a nice booster at the beginning as the journey is a fairly long one ahead!
I know it's good... but can't help but feel a bit gutted.
Hopefully I can get out of my funk and just enjoy watching the rest of it slide off!
Here's to December!!!!

That my goal too got about 9 stone to lose

I genuinely cannot wait. The time is ticking by so slowly this week it's crazy.
I think I've got to stop thinking of December and just focus on getting through a week at a time

Here's to us x

pomegranates said:
I genuinely cannot wait. The time is ticking by so slowly this week it's crazy.
I think I've got to stop thinking of December and just focus on getting through a week at a time

Here's to us x

I'm on week 9 almost and it's flew by I think

I think I was just having a bad few days!
Once I'm back at work on Monday (half term currently) - it should go quickly I hope!
I'm a little bit scared about summer though as I'm Muslim and will be fasting through Ramadan (I can't wait for Ramadan - it's the BEST month), am just a bit worried that the lack of water throughout daylight hours (up to 17 hours on some days) will be too hard! Going to give it a go though!!!!

Hey pomegranates, I understand why you might have felt disappointed with 8lb in the first week (even though it is really a fantastic loss!) I'm exactly the same, I build up expectations in my own mind and then if the result - even though it might be a GOOD result - doesn't meet those expectations I get disappointed. We both need to be more logical abut this and look at the bigger picture. There's all sorts of things that could have led to your loss this time not being quite as high as last time. I lost 15lbs in my 1st week but I know full well that's only because the night before my initial starting weigh in I had a huge blowout and a lot of the lost weight was probably due to getting that out of my system. My weekly losses are mostly good, but one week it was only 3lbs and I felt like crying. Sorry I'm rambling, but just trying to let you know you're not alone in how you were feeling but it's because we've got weird thought processes (not meant in a bad way!) - anyone else looking in from the outside can see how great we're doing.

It sounds like you're going to have a tough time during Ramadan, I didn't know that you aren't even allowed water and that will be quite difficult. But you sound really motivated, and imagine the sense of achievement when you get through this.

I'm loving this little corner of the forum, it's so good to hear from others going through the same challenges. Keep posting, we can help each other to do this together!

Potter x

Aww thanks Potter

Yeah, I'm my own personal nightmare - never can stop beating myself up, which is probably why I tend to sabotage my attempts when things seem to be getting too good to be true!
Hopefully this will be a new start for me where I can start being positive and enjoy it!

Yup, Ramadan is sans food and water and pretty much everything else too during daylight hours.
It's actually not tough. Sure, when you first start doing it, it is tough and you only focus on the food, but I've been doing it for so long that I don't ever feel hungry. I tend to get thirsty toward the last hour or so, but that's about it.
It's more about the focus on the inner self. On recalibrating yourself and embedding good character (which you should have throughout the year, but we all fall into silly habits). Ultimately it's about your focus on your relationship with God and being thankful for what you have. The fasting element is a means for you to connect with those less fortunate.
When you realise that you know for certain that you have a meal at the end of the day, a thought that millions of people around the world do not have the pleasure of, it humbles you no end and you don't feel hungry.
If anything, I think the diet during Ramadan might be a really good experience for me. I hope I can handle the dehydration side. (I'll just top up overnight)

Also, yes, definitely glad to have people to go through this with.
I'm not a great blogger of any sort, but I'm going to make a concerted effort on these boards as I'm determined to be the winner this time :)

Do you not have a medical exemption or anything like that for being able to have water?You're going to make yourself ill as the ketones will be too high surely?I don't have a problem with no food during ramadan daylight hours but (and sorry this is just my opinion) I think not being allowed water is totally stupid and dangerous.Especially on this diet when water is more important than on other diets.

If you had a medical condition. eg diabetes that was quite severe and needed insulin injections, or such like, then it is forbidden for you to take part in Ramadan through fasting. There are other ways you can take part.
It is not there as a punishment, but as a means for spiritual cleansing of sorts if you will.
I take on board your concerns. Like I said, I will see how I do in the first few days, if I do not feel well, I will stop the diet for the month. It is more important to me to take part in Ramadan than it is for me to diet.
It is not dangerous, as long as you are healthy - literally hundreds of millions of people take part in this every year.
In fact there's been all sorts of medical studies that have been undertaken on people during Ramadan, as well as the basic detox it gives the body, it has been shown to help in other ways and no danger has ever been highlighted.
It is not done by children until they attain puberty, those in old age and those who are infirm in such a way that partaking will be dangerous for them, are all exempt. If it were dangerous, I would not be calling it the best month in the year, trust me.

The difficulty is that being in the UK, unlike along the equator, is that year on year as Ramadan falls earlier in the year, the length of the day changes (The Muslim Calendar is based on the Lunar cycle, so is slightly shorter than 365 days). Currently, Ramadan falls in August and thus long days, but a few years ago it was in December as was too easy to mention!

I'm not in this to be some sort of martyr to the cause. I hope that I can do the diet and Ramadan, but will be honest with myself if I can't.

Hope that answers your concerns.

Thanks-I still don't see how going without water can be a good thing tbh,even in healthy people unless they sleep for most of the time, but that's just my opinion. I do think you will struggle on CD without water in the day as we have to drink so much of it and also your level of ketones will be sky high when you're not drinking-you may do better as you say taking a break for ramadan and then getting straight back on it after.It would be a shame to break the diet but that would be the safer option I think.

Back