8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Well done ladies on the FABULOUS losses :)

Bookworm i can feel your pain, CDC scales for me on Fri said i'd gained 1lb grrrrrr she does think its the volume of exercise ive been doing which when she measured me made sense as i'd lost quite a lot of inches this week and it hasnt put me off doing the exercise. Our bodies do sometimes get to a point where they hang around at a weight for a while, particularly if you're building muscle and toning up. You'd have to weigh up SS with the 800kcals plus exercise coz on SS you really would need to be careful how much exercise you're doing. So although its disappointing on the scales now it will catch up. Huggles xx

Yes I know how hard it is, although if I had a gain, I would probably give up :( You're really strong! I am giving myself until the end of August. If by then I only lose on average 1lb a week then something is wrong and I am not giving up my exercise, I like it too much.

What REALLY depresses me though, is that according to my CDC's measurements, I have barely lost an inch over in the past month. One month of gruelling (for me, remember I am obese and unfit!) daily exercise and no inch loss... :cry: I was starting to wonder if she was reading the tape properly when measuring me...

So this morning, I took my lovely floral Cath Kidston tape measurer (it's always better when it's a Cath Kidston tape measurer :D ) and according to my measurement, I have lost quite a lot! Here are my measurements:

Start of diet:
- Waist: 43.5"
- Hips: 56"
- Chest: 48"

Before the Shred:
36.5"
50"
44"

Now (Shred almost finished):
36" (clearly need to put some more effort into abs!)
48"
41"

So the Shred (and the diet!) has changed me! I checked the tape several times. I didn't even cheat and hold my tummy or anything. And that made me feel much better! So from now on, I will rely on my measurements. That'll be my little pleasure of the month: see how many inches I have lost!

I was supposed to get up early this morning. I had set my alarm for 7.30am. Next thing I know, it's 9.30am :sigh: I hate getting up late. I have so much stuff to do! But I still can't fall asleep at night. I think I keep my last tetra for too late in the evening. And all these proteins do not help (AND they give me nightmares too, very weird ones that leave me deeply troubled...)

TOTM should be here soon. But my cycles are longer than they used to be... I can't stand PMS. I even get really depressed :sigh:

Book-Worm said:
It just dawned on me... I finished the 30-day Shred :eek: First time I finish an exercise programme, I can't believe it :eek:

Well done!! What kind of results did you get?

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks girls. I still can't believe it myself. I am usually full of good resolutions and after 10 days I just give up!!! It got easier as I got lighter though.

Here are my measurement pre and post 30-Shred. I guess it will be more next time I do it as I had to do the modified version (nice way to say, the easy version, LOL) shown by one of the ladies.

Before the Shred:
36.5"
50"
44"

Now:
36" (clearly need to put some more effort into abs!)
48"
41"

It is obvious that I need to do more ab work
:eek: But you also have to take into account what cannot be measured (or could be but I didn't think of measuring it):

- my arms are much firmer, stronger, and my bingo wings have shrunk :D
- I only have one fold of fat on my back now :D
- AND you can see my shoulder blades :D
- I can feel my spine
- my neck and shoulders are much slender: I feel it when I try to massage them: the fat is gone :eek:
- my thighs' muscles are really rock solid: pity it's hidden by folds of fat :eek:
- my endurance has improved so much! At the start, I couldn't do 5 jumping jacks in a row. Now I can do them for one minutes and with handweights!
- I am now actually consciously using my core muscle. Ie, the other day, I was carrying the recylcing box. And I just thought: "I'm gonna tighten my core like Jillian told me" and ta-da, no back pain!

OK, it's not perfect and I am sure there are many other great exercise DVDs out there. But as far as I'm concerned, it's the Shred all the way. I will start again, doing the higher intensity version and alternate with swimming (the Shred can be high impact, so not great when you're obese :eek: )

Fantastic! Well done you!!! I have "aquired" the shred from an online source :) just need to fond the energy to do it now but I am totally inspired!!! maybe a couple more weeks and I will get on it but early days for me so dont want to hinder my losses!!

Fantastic! Well done you!!! I have "aquired" the shred from an online source :) just need to fond the energy to do it now but I am totally inspired!!! maybe a couple more weeks and I will get on it but early days for me so dont want to hinder my losses!!

Yes, take you time hunny. Remember I am on Step 2. And I started after 5 weeks on the diet I think (far too wobbly before that).

If you do use it, I would advise you to play it on your laptop as it doesn't seem to work in my DVD player :confused:

Now, if only I could be this resilient and stubborn in other areas of my life... :rolleyes:

I love the fact i started this journey on March the 2nd with over 9 stone to lose, and now i have just over 3 :)
So hapy!! x x

LOL Mad Im sure i will get used to it - i think its just cos its more concentrated

Is your wi at 630 or 530?

5.30 hun - you can still add some water to it (or a bit more skimmed milk...) or mix it with Ice so they dont go to waste.

They are nice and rich I think which seems to fill me a bit more!

Afternoon everyone hope all are well :)

Bookworm i had about 6wks where my measurements didn't change which really didnt make sense as i was dropping dress sizes but this last few wks it seems to have started moving again. Does CDC definitely measure u in same place every time? I know if my cdc doesnt it really affects the results so its a good idea to measure yourself and wow look at those inches that have gone, WELL DONE :)

Well i had a much better result this week, 4lbs off in 6 days which im very impressed with, start my nights tonight and that usually kick starts my weight losses too so it'll be interesting to see.
're still doing absolutely amazing, bet it feels so good to be so close to goal :)
Sinead WOW you

Hello everyone, I have 10 stone to lose!
It's my fourth day :-/ so any advice would be greatly recieved!
Good luck to you all X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My advice would be to read long established diaries in the diary section and also to look at the inspirational photo thread. They are at the top of the page in the Cambridge section :)

We're all in the same boat here: 8st or 10st, it doesn't matter. We want to change our lives around and we will :) Welcome Shabbs :)

Back