Kob

Today's the day. 1st February 2021. Time to hit the reset button on my relationship with eating.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm constantly out of breath, I've a ruptured meniscus in my left knee, plantar fasciitis in my right foot and despite trying my damndest to own being a big girl, the reality is my health is really suffering now. I know I'm quickly becoming less mobile because everything hurts and it's just too much effort to haul this body round.
I love food. I love cooking. I love eating. Increasingly though I'm just eating for the sake of eating. Anything so long as it's no hassle to cook. I can't even be bothered to think about what to cook. I'm so tired of it all and yet I can't stop eating. I've been here before. At this point where I feel I'm spiraling. Cambridge was my go to then. Take food and all the associated (for me) drama out of the equation. Learn to love food again for the right reasons. Repair my relationship with eating. So here I am again.
I feel driven and ready but also nervous and a little fearful. I'm hoping that keeping a diary here will help me by sharing my thoughts, and maybe help others too. I'll try and check in every night but may pop back during the days too, especially during the first few days which I expect may be a little bit rough. I've weighed myself, taken my measurements and will take photos later today when I'm looking a little less "just rolled out of bed".

1:1 Cambridge Step 1...here I come!

4pm on day 1.
Breakfast was mixed berry porridge. It was ok but a little too wet for my liking so I'll make any future porridge with a little less water.
By late morning I'd had 3 mugs of black tea and 500mls water and getting plenty of unplanned exercise running to the loo 😁 I was also VERY hungry. Staved that off with another 500mls water until I had my lunchtime soup at 1. I had chicken and mushroom and it was reasonably tasty. Not going to lie, I went back to bed for a while, just to keep me out of temptation's way.
As I write this I feel pretty darned hungry again, hence why I decided to write in my diary. I've had another mug of black tea, another 500mls of water and contemplating putting the kettle on again to tide me over til dinner. I'm trying to decide between a bar and a meal. Think I might have a bar because they look quite substantial. I might even have half, then the other half about 8pm. I'll see how I feel.
But all in all I'm hanging in there!

I've made it through the first two days unscathed! There are a couple of times when I've been wild hungry but other than that I've felt good and no nasty side effects to report as yet. I had one of the meals last night - macaroni cheese - and was pleasantly surprised! Although it was quite chalky, it was very tasty. I added some dried herbs, some crushed chilli flakes and a wee grind of black pepper. Everything has an aftertaste though but I guess that's a bit of a bonus as I always drink lots of water after to try and get rid of it ;) I had a moment of mournfulness for "real food" last night but then I reminded myself that this is only temporary, that my aim is to lose enough to positively impact my health and mobility and then I can plan for beyond that.
I did have a sneaky weigh this morning and I've lost 5.5lbs in the first two days. I know it's water but it's a great feeling and a motivator for me to know that something is happening.
So here's to day 3!

Another day under my belt! Started my day with the blackcurrant and apple smoothie and it was really nice - I can see this becoming a favourite. Lunch was a bar and dinner the oriental chilli soup - also really tasty, quite a hit of lemongrass.
Mentally I'm still feeling strong despite a couple of times having severe hunger pangs. I've found a mug of black tea works better than water for those. On the water front, I'm managing 2.5lts fine. Still peeing like a beach pony though 😆
I was quite headachey in the evening but nothing a couple of paracetamol didn't sort out. I'm feeling less bloated already, especially around my middle and in my face. One thing I will say is I'm definitely lacking in energy. Or maybe the motivation to do stuff? I'm unsure which it is. I'm sure this will pass but I'm actively going to try and challenge that as I tackle Day 4. See you on the other side!

Back again because there was something I forgot to mention...and that's muscle cramps. Day 2 I was plagued with them. Mostly in my back, tummy and sides. Day 3 it was my feet and toes. And when I woke this morning I immediately took cramp in my legs. I'm going to message my consultant to see if it's something others experience

It's been a few days since I checked in. Today is day 7 and I'm coping well. I've stuck to it 100% mostly without much to-do. Definitely there are times when I've been hungry but I think the biggest hurdle is thoughts of food. You can't avoid it, especially when you have a family to feed. I have to zone out when cooking for the children but...BUT...already I find myself enjoying cooking again. Sure, not eating the end product is a bummer but already my brain is making the shift to remembering it as enjoyment and not a chore.
I'm enjoying most of the products. The porridges are very sweet but palatable. The soups are mostly good - oriental chilli is my favourite so far. The meals aren't bad at all and I'm going to get a few different ones for next week. However the chicken tikka is a real hit, especially with some Kashmiri chilli powder added. At one point I did wonder if it would be acceptable to eat it for every meal every day 😁
Side effects are negligible. A couple of slightly headachey evenings, nothing major, and I managed a decent poo yesterday :worthy::woohoo:
I can see a difference already. My face is less puffy. One of my chins has gone and there's a definite shrinkage of my belly. The bonus is my skin is glowing from the increased water intake. My energy level is improved overall but with some dips, although I'm also going to bed earlier and sleeping better.
Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm looking forward to seeing my first week results!

And the results are in!
My Week 1 loss is 12lbs. 4.5" gone from my waist, 2 5" from my hips and everywhere else 1/1.5". Chuffed to bits.
Last night was hard. Mentally. I wanted to eat so badly. Not through hunger but habit. These are the things that are always most difficult. The ingrained behaviours. Those things will always be the struggle. I think also I was feeling a bit dissatisfied food-wise last night. Because it was my first week, I'd just ordered a selection of everything and, not expecting to like them, I'd only got 3 meal packs and I've used them all. So yesterday I was limited to soups, shakes and bars when I desperately wanted a savoury meal. Lesson learned though and I've ordered more for my second week.
Right now I'm feeling positive and ready to take on week 2

Good for you. That's a fantastic result.

How did today go for you?

Good for you. That's a fantastic result.

How did today go for you?
It's going well. I'm thinking less about it and just getting on with it. I'm less hungry and the temptation to eat is less. I went for a walk yesterday and was in so much pain

Ooops hit send too soon!

I was in so much pain with my knee that it was a timely reminder of why I'm taking this drastic step. I know losing weight won't fix my ruptured meniscus but it will help reduce the strain on that knee and hopefully improve my mobility. And that's my primary aim right now

Ooops hit send too soon!

I was in so much pain with my knee that it was a timely reminder of why I'm taking this drastic step. I know losing weight won't fix my ruptured meniscus but it will help reduce the strain on that knee and hopefully improve my mobility. And that's my primary aim right now
It's great that you have that to focus and motivate you. Not that I am saying pain is ever a good thing 😂😂 you've got this

Still going strong but last night was haaaaaaarrrrddd. I wasn't particularly hungry but I was craving real food like you wouldn't believe. Weathered the storm though. I sorted out my clothes yesterday. 3 binbags full of gorgeous stuff that doesn't currently fit me but that should when I'm another 1/1.5 stone down. So much still with labels on too that I never ever wore. I've noticed some of my current tops starting to look too big and for the first time noticed that my thighs are looking smaller. Not earth shatteringly so....I'm still over 18 st of course so I'm still big, but change IS happening.
I've resisted the urge to constantly scale hop this week and I think I'm more content to just let the diet do it's thing. I've done 3 x 30 mins walks this week and 1 x 20 min upper body resistance band workout & I'm hitting my 8000 steps daily target. My knee is definitely not as painful as it was and I'm hopeful that this will improve exponentially.
Food-wise, I'm obsessed with the savoury meal pouches. They feel like such a treat! The mint crisp bites are AWESOME too. I've discovered though that I really really can't stomach the porridges. They actually make me retch. Thankfully my consultant is happy to swap them for me. Oh and my discovery this week - vanilla shake...add half a teaspoon lemon/lime water flavouring, half a teaspoon of ground ginger and a quarter teaspoon of turmeric. Whizz it in a blender with extra water and ice. Absolutely delicious!

Still going strong but last night was haaaaaaarrrrddd. I wasn't particularly hungry but I was craving real food like you wouldn't believe. Weathered the storm though. I sorted out my clothes yesterday. 3 binbags full of gorgeous stuff that doesn't currently fit me but that should when I'm another 1/1.5 stone down. So much still with labels on too that I never ever wore. I've noticed some of my current tops starting to look too big and for the first time noticed that my thighs are looking smaller. Not earth shatteringly so....I'm still over 18 st of course so I'm still big, but change IS happening.
I've resisted the urge to constantly scale hop this week and I think I'm more content to just let the diet do it's thing. I've done 3 x 30 mins walks this week and 1 x 20 min upper body resistance band workout & I'm hitting my 8000 steps daily target. My knee is definitely not as painful as it was and I'm hopeful that this will improve exponentially.
Food-wise, I'm obsessed with the savoury meal pouches. They feel like such a treat! The mint crisp bites are AWESOME too. I've discovered though that I really really can't stomach the porridges. They actually make me retch. Thankfully my consultant is happy to swap them for me. Oh and my discovery this week - vanilla shake...add half a teaspoon lemon/lime water flavouring, half a teaspoon of ground ginger and a quarter teaspoon of turmeric. Whizz it in a blender with extra water and ice. Absolutely delicious!
Hi. Kob,
How's it going? I weighed in today. How are you finding it.
I'm still also working ot the products.
I find once I've made my porridge I then put in the microwave a couple of 30 sec blasts and it's must better. After all it's porridge not soup. 🙃
I tried the dark choc/ginger bar yesterday, once I have to chew something for too long it makes me start to gag so I was put off them.
I have others to try.
Love all the shakes, I have my choc one mixed with hot water and have it as a hot choc. Yummy ☕.
Also make loads of pineapple jelly with my way wafer flavouring and mix a mousse. Can have as much as I like then.
That was always my problem. Sweet tooth.
Savoury meals are not really my fav but k will persevere.

Let me know how it's going..

Sarah❣️

How did your first weigh in go? My second was this morning and I've another 5 5lbs off. Super pleased with that! I was really really hungry last night but battled through and in the end I went to bed lol. I wore jeans all day yesterday and was actually comfortable in them! Can't remember the last time I did that. You've put me in the notion for a hot chocolate (not something I'm keen on in the real food world!) but it feels really luxurious and indulgent. I put about a quarter of a teaspoon of good coffee powder in mine - not enough to actually taste the coffee but it makes the chocolate flavour richer. I haven't tried the MAM yet. Not sure if my consultant even has it. I must ask.
So here's to another week - hope it's kind to you 🌈

First ever weigh in and 10.8 pounds lost. Very happy. I will stick to my 4 product's this week as I know I could lose more. I just don't like the savoury products.
Will be trying the coffee in it next time.
I've definitely passed the hunger stage....I hope.
I feel like this is normal now. I'm going to up my excercise this week see what difference that has.
My consultant said I could lose more this week of I make sure I have my 4 product's. I still have two to have and most my water. Will down that when I'm out the bath x

Hi 🙋‍♀️
Sorry to jump in on your thread. I also started in the last couple of weeks and could really do with someone who understands to get through this! That and an accountability partner 🙈
How are you getting on Kob?

Hi and welcome..
Monday is my second weigh in.
Today has been a write off. Nothing bad just a tuna salad and 2 Jaffa cakes. But hey ho I'll start again tomorrow.
How have you found it brelly?
I see you've lost 2st already....well done.

Back