A Bloke's Diary

Wowsers! Absolutely amazing and such an inspiration! I bet your mates are starting to notice!

Thank you. Funnily only my wife and my dad have noticed - show's you how bad things must still be :D

I'm taking it as a positive that my dad noticed today as he's oblivious to absolutely everything!

Good luck ;)

Some people will never mention it for various reasons. Yeah my mum is the person who when she comments you know it's visible.

Hubby commented last night for the first time..

Definitely can see the loss there - well done!

Day 25 & day 26 have all passed event free. Down to my mum & dad's for a visit and both mum and sister complimented me on my loss which was lovely. She then got out some iced finger buns for the kids and it took me right back to bring 7! Thankfully I didn't have any :D

Can't believe it's nearly a month! Flown by but still possibly got another 3 1/2 months more :eek: Still, I did the crime so I've gotta do the time.

Good luck everyone ;)

Honestly looking at your pics and the average rate men lose at I'd say you would have 2.5months as you'll be a flag pole by then lol.

Well done resisting, it's so hard to avoid food traditions. However your family noticed and that's bound to be great!

image.jpeg Good morning all!

Well today is day 28, it is a Wednesday so time for a weekly work's lift progress selfie :)

I know I keep saying it but 4 weeks has flown by!

Good luck everyone ;)

Wow looking amazing Derry! Such a change!

Such an achievement - well done - just the kind of inspiration I need right now!

Day 29...

All still going according to plan although after posting yesterday I don't know what happened but hit an absolute wall. I lost my energy and suddenly felt as though I could eat the contents of the fridge, the cupboards and probably the dustbin along with several thousands cans of cider!

Tried to keep myself occupied, mostly by being snappy with everyone (poor kids but will make it up to them) and by focusing on the fact that Saturday is weigh in day. Got through it and am pleased to say still not cheated once so far and am feeling good so far today.

I have got wife & sons birthday plus a weekend away coming up in September but back to just trying to take it one day at a time.

Thank you for the very kind words and hope everyone else is keeping right on target.

Good luck to everyone ;)

Well done for resisting and look at it as practice for your events. You're doing brilliantly!

Day 31.... Weigh in day....

Firstly, thank you all for your continued support!

Have lost 1.8kg this week so am officially 14st 11.6lbs with a BMI of 30.5.

I know I should be happy with this but a little bit inside me hoped I'd lost more and is disappointed. Need to get that crap out of my head asap!

I guess this is the start of the slowdown / normalisation part of the diet. Based on that am now going start incorporating more exercise into my regime to see if I can push the loss a bit more but more importantly than that to try and get healthier still.

Hope everyone else is doing great. Remember, it's all about taking it step by step and one day at a time.

Good luck ;)

Fabulous 4 lb is a good loss but you are correct that losses will slow a little but you can still have big weeks.

Exercise is great for your fitness but remember to burn 1lb a week you need to burn 500 additional calories a day on limited intake. Up your activity day by day as part of a lifestyle change but not to sound negative those I've seen fall off the wagon and have the hardest time were those who worked out during tfr.

I agree exercise could make u hungrier
U have been doing great best of luck with next stage!

Nice one thanks for the advice. Rather than go all out exercise then, I might just do little bits to keep healthy rather than have fat burning in my head if you see what I mean.

Just gonna try and grin and bear it - in a proper foul mood tonight anyway (no idea why!) so time to smile and get on with it :)

Thanks folks! ;)

Ah man these days happen. It is a fact of ketosis- we become grumps.

Yip up the activity for health and well-being and as part of long changes you intend to make but my opinion on it is save starting active work outs to refeed when your body is getting the nutrition to build muscle and replace lost salts.

Hour by hour, day by day we can do this.

Hi Derry,

Congrats on sticking to tfr and on your marvelous losses.

Just read your diary - really inspiring and useful in plotting anticipated / expected results both in weight loss and challenges. Started Lipotrim this morning.

I lost 12 kg on Lipotrim about 4 years ago, then was negligent about refeeding and maintaining responsibly, so gained it all back in no time - after spending about a grand on a new wardrobe!
Tried again 2 years ago, but cheated mid first week then fell off in the second week. Like you, I'm in early forties, currently weigh 107kg, have a family and feel responsible to be there for them. Besides, my daughter is geting married in November and I've promised all that I'm not getting a new suit unless I've lost 20 kg.

Bottom line, thanks for your diary, it has given me the roadmap that I need for the next couple of months.

Best of luck going forward.

Mike.

Hi Mike - thank you for the kind words. Obviously you know what to expect on the diet then but you know you can do it having done it before.

I'm feeling great today but dunno if that's because I've had a black coffee and am in the middle of a caffeine rush as I don't normally do coffee :D

I'm at the stage where the weight loss is starting to slow/normalise from the mad losses you get in the first few weeks and even though you know this is gonna happen, it's still a downer when it does but I think I'm past it now and just focusing on the goal.

I'm on day 34 and if my home scales are to be believed I'm about 30lbs lighter.

Selfie day tomorrow then weigh in next Wednesday.

The great thing is the support you get and can give on here. Truly inspirational stuff from everyone.

Good luck to you on your journey. Looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Good luck everyone ;)

Back