A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Wow! This is amazing, thank you! I love Indian food but stopped making it. My spices are getting bored on the shelf...

Hi, I notice you say to whip the yoghurt- as in whipping egg whites? Why? Does this stop it splitting? Really looking forward to trying pretty much all of your recipes!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Wow! This is amazing, thank you! I love Indian food but stopped making it. My spices are getting bored on the shelf...

Would love to see pics if you make any :D, glad your enjoying the thread.

Kay xx

Hi, I notice you say to whip the yoghurt- as in whipping egg whites? Why? Does this stop it splitting? Really looking forward to trying pretty much all of your recipes!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hello hun, I may have used the term `whipping the yogurt' but which recipe was it for ? We normally do that with yogurt if we need a thinner consistency for something ;).

Kay xx

subscribed! thank-you for this, I have grown up on Indian food and I do miss it sometimes so it is so good to know I can still make it for the hubby and the in-laws and myself without the extra calories and still be the "ideal daughter-in-law" instead of jacket potatoes and pasta every night, haha! It makes me heave when I see how much oil my M-I-L pours into her cooking, her answer....you won't even notice it when it is done :eek:

Hi. I'm making chicken madras tonight for tea. I'm not the best cook. When the recipe says 2 green cardamoms split open - what does this mean. I know it might sound a silly question.
Also what are dried red chillis ? I've googled it and all I can see is chilli powder x

Hi. I'm making chicken madras tonight for tea. I'm not the best cook. When the recipe says 2 green cardamoms split open - what does this mean. I know it might sound a silly question.
Also what are dried red chillis ? I've googled it and all I can see is chilli powder x

Hello hun, you should be able to buy both from an Indian cash and carry or from a supermarket in the world food aisle. Here are some pics to help see what they look like.

untitled12.png Cardamoms contain black seeds when you split them, its the seeds that contain the flavour, you can discard the skin.

untitled10.jpg These are red chillies that have been dry roasted and have an amazing flavour. If you can't get hold of these, you can leave it out and just use normal red chilli powder.

Hope my reply made it in time :), I would love to see pics of your yummy curry xx

Kay

I've just started SW and I just love Indian food but the amount of syns in the restaurant meals was waaaaaaaaaay over the top for me.

What a fantastic surprise to find just so many authentic Indian recipes in this thread from you!!!

Your recipes have re-kindled my desire to cook again and I will be starting with some next week.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you must have put in to create these SW gems :D

Regards, John

Kay

I've just started SW and I just love Indian food but the amount of syns in the restaurant meals was waaaaaaaaaay over the top for me.

What a fantastic surprise to find just so many authentic Indian recipes in this thread from you!!!

Your recipes have re-kindled my desire to cook again and I will be starting with some next week.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you must have put in to create these SW gems :D

Regards, John

Hi John :D,

Glad your liking my thread :). I've been making Indian food for many years now, and am very passionate about cooking. Of course when I started slimming world I wanted to still have my yummy curries but in a more healthier manner, so I have adapted all the recipes and listed syns and included my pics to help everyone :p. Hope you enjoy choosing your favourite. I have tried to add all the popular recipes on this thread. I am open to requests too, so if you would like to see another favourite, just post on here and I will do my best to add them. (I work full time so am normally on here on the weekends ;)).

It's great to know that we can still have yummy curries and still lose weight. I've lost 4 stone on SW so far, its the best plan I know :p. Good luck with SW too, I'm sure your going to do just fab ! :D

If you have any questions regarding the recipes or ingredients or anything else, feel free to post on here or pm me, I am always happy to help :):).

Kay xx

hi there

thankyou so much for putting up these receipes up, need to mark this for later
jenx

Aww your welcome hun :), glad your loving the thread. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or post on here and I will do my best to help ;).

Kay xx

you ve put such a lot of effort into this thread it is really appreciated, if i need any advice i ll be sure to remember thanks againx

Back