A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Thank you - that sounds easy to find x

Your welcome hun ;), if you need help with sourcing any other ingredients, just pop me a note on here and I will do my best to reply back. Would love to see pics when your done :D.

Kay xx

Oh my goodness, I have just found this thread and the food locks and sounds amazing. I am going to try the chicken jalfrezi tonight! Now please excuse me if this is a dumb question (I am new to SW) if I add EV olive oil do I add 1tbs per recipe or per person? In other words syn wise would I count 6 syns per portion or 1.5 syns if per recipe and shared into 4 portions?

Thankyou and again sorry if this is a 'dur' question.

Oh my goodness, I have just found this thread and the food locks and sounds amazing. I am going to try the chicken jalfrezi tonight! Now please excuse me if this is a dumb question (I am new to SW) if I add EV olive oil do I add 1tbs per recipe or per person? In other words syn wise would I count 6 syns per portion or 1.5 syns if per recipe and shared into 4 portions?

Thankyou and again sorry if this is a 'dur' question.

Aww thanks hun :p, glad your liking my recipes. They are all SW friendly and I have added the syn values for each of them. The Olive Oil is 1 tablespoon for the whole curry hun. You can either use it as your healthy extra (b) choice, which is what I have done in the recipe, or you can add 6 syns for the oil, for the whole curry (its not per person for the oil its 1 tbsp for the whole curry), hope this makes sense ;) . Also the Jalfrezi is amazing ! I'm sure it will be a hit with everyone else :D.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, That made perfect sense! I don't have coriander powder in my cupboard today (and I can't wait till tommorow to get some!!)but do have dried coriander so will have to use that and see how it turns out.

By the way congratulations on your fantastic weight loss so far. Its very inspirational.

x

Thanks Kay, That made perfect sense! I don't have coriander powder in my cupboard today (and I can't wait till tommorow to get some!!)but do have dried coriander so will have to use that and see how it turns out.

By the way congratulations on your fantastic weight loss so far. Its very inspirational.

x

Hi hun thanks for the compliment ;). The dry coriander will not be a good sub for the powder, they are quite different. You might have to wait until you can get the powder xx

Hi hun thanks for the compliment ;). The dry coriander will not be a good sub for the powder, they are quite different. You might have to wait until you can get the powder xx

AHHHH too late! however it was very nice but I did feel it could do with a little oomph so I will get the ground coriander and then it will be fantastic! xx

AHHHH too late! however it was very nice but I did feel it could do with a little oomph so I will get the ground coriander and then it will be fantastic! xx

Brilliant ! :p Well done hun on making it. Glad you liked it. Yep coriander powder will defo give the curry a depth of flavour. Would love to see some piccys next time when you make it again :D.

Kay xx

Kay, I'm making the jalfrezi again tonight but this time have the correct ingredients!
Your pic looks like it has a nice sauce coating it but when I made mine it was quite dry. What shall I add to make it a bit 'wetter' without making it too runny?

Thank you xx

Kay, I'm making the jalfrezi again tonight but this time have the correct ingredients!
Your pic looks like it has a nice sauce coating it but when I made mine it was quite dry. What shall I add to make it a bit 'wetter' without making it too runny?

Thank you xx

Hi hun, the base of the curry is made with the onions and tomatoes and then you add the spices and simmer, this should make a nice gravy. The only time it would dry up is if the heat has been increased or it has been left to cook too long, then it may dry out a little. However you can remedy this, just add some boiling water from the kettle, slowly until you have it at the consistency you like. If you prefer your curry more creamier you can add 1 tbsp of fat free fromage frais or yogurt at the end after adding the water. Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

Thanks Kay it was fabulous ! Family gave it 11/10!!! Xx
Going to try another recipe next week :))

Brilliant ! :p glad your family loved it hun. It's great to know you can still have restaurant style curries all within syns ! :D Would love to see some pics of your yummy eats .

Kay xx

8) Korma

View attachment 113192 (click on pic to enlarge)

Serves 4

Syn Free on Red and EE (Green using Quorn style chicken pieces)

Ingredients

500 g mutton or chicken
2 black cardamom seeds
9 green cardamom
10 cloves
10 whole black peppercorns
4 tsp coriander powder
250g onion
1 tsp salt(to taste)
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
250g fat free yogurt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 pinch of nutmeg and mace powder
1 tbsp kewra
1 tsp sweetner
1 cup of water
1 tbsp ex volive oil (HE b choice)
frylight

Method

Slice the onion finely and and fry in the olive oil on a very low flame till they are crispy and golden brown. Remove the fried onions from then pan and set aside. In the same pan spray some frylight, add all the ingredients (except the nutmeg, sweetner and kewra) add ½ cup of water to prevent burning. Now add the meat and mix well with the spices. When the water of the meat has dried , add another 2 cups of water ( 1 is enough for chicken). Add the fried onions you prepared earlier to the pot , cover and cook on low flame until the meat is tender. When the meat has softened and the gravy has acquired the desired consistency, add a nutmeg and mace, kewra and sweetner. Leave on very low heat for 2 minutes.

Serve hot with steamed Basmati Rice .

Enjoy !! :)

Hi there what is kewra pls xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi there what is kewra pls xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun :), kewra water is a lovely Indian essence used in biryani's and curry's, it gives a wonderful aroma, but must be used in small amounts just for a hint of flavour as it can overpower other spices. It can be bought in the ethnic aisle from both Asda and Tesco, here are the links, hope this helps ;). Also its use is optional but it does really add to the flavour of the Korma :).

Asda :-

Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries

Tesco :-

mySupermarket.co.uk - Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save Money on Top Offers

Kay xx

Wow thanks for these great ideas! Looks like a curry night is on the cards! Do you know how much brown rice is in syns? why isn't it a hex?

Wow thanks for these great ideas! Looks like a curry night is on the cards! Do you know how much brown rice is in syns? why isn't it a hex?

Hello hun and welcome to my thread :), glad your liking the recipes. All rice is free on EE and Green. On Red days it needs to be syned. Hope this helps ;).

Kay xx

Back