Total Solution A Debbil of a Diet

The Debbil

I am simply too inspired right now to wait until payday so I've decided to start Exante TS tomorrow.

I bought enough trial shakes and soups to last until Thursday, while I put in my big order on Wednesday.

I was originally looking to set myself a goal weight of 11st 6lbs, this would be a fairly realistic, but I've re-thought it and decided to go all out and reach for my real dream weight of 10st 7lbs which is approx 70lbs I need to lose. I am hoping for a 2lbs/week loss which should see me reach my goal by the beginning of October. I know you can lose big numbers quickly on a VLCD but I don't want to risk disappointment by setting my aims too high. My body often has a mind of it's own and can let me down when I'm expecting big things.

I am starting a list of rewards for every 10lbs lost. Pretty girly things, stuff I don't normally buy, like make-up, jewellery and perfume. For every dress size I lose, I will buy some new clothes, cheap but nice ones as I hope to not be wearing them for long ;)

I have two big rewards I am planning. The first is goal weight clothes, I am going to empty my wardrobe of fat clothes and buy a new outfit every week that I manage to maintain my weightloss within 5lbs either side of my goal weight until I have a full wardrobe again :D

My other reward is one I've been promising myself for years. When I succeeded in quitting smoking, I got myself a tattoo as a reminder of how well I've done. I have a few small tats on various parts of my body but I have always wanted something big and beautiful on my back. My husband is going to help me design it and make it reflect my journey. I will be getting this tattoo done when I have lost a minimum of 60lbs and managed to maintain it for at least 6 months.

I will report daily ups and downs here while I read everyone else's diaries to help me stay strong.

Good Luck to all going through the same journey and congratulations on your successes :)

Good luck and what great incentives you have set yourself x

And now it begins.

Have weighed and measured in and I downloaded a water tracking app for my phone. I'm going to rush through my housework before my energy bottoms out and then I'm going to shut myself away with my laptop and some books for the next few days until ketosis kicks in. My family have been warned not to expect anything from me until later in the week.

I know exactly what expect having done Atkins and Lipotrim in the past, so I know what my potential stumbling blocks are and how to prepare for them and get over them. I am as ready now as I will ever be. I know there will be bad days, and I plan on facing them in the same way I did the bad days when I quit smoking. I know their will be days when I want to eat so badly that it'll make me cry, but when I can no longer bare it, I will reach for some chicken not cake.

I WILL do this right this time.

Starting Stats:

Weight: 216.6lbs
Body Fat: 45.1%
Visceral Fat: 9%
BMI: 32.9
Waist: 42"
Hips: 46"
Ratio: 0.91

Assuming the accuracy of my scales, that Visceral fat measurement is fantastic, it means my weight is all on the surface and not choking up my organs, this probably explains why I'm so healthy despite my obesity.

I'm only going to be weighing in once a week, I'm not going to let myself obsess over the scales, I've done that too often in the past to put myself through it again.

Thanks Darcy :)

Day one went exactly as expected, tired, hungry and headachy. Ugg. Roll on the big K.

Day two has gone surprisingly well. My headache and hunger were reduced a little and I'm flushing like crazy :) My family had take-out pizza for tea and while it smelled great, I had no desire to taste anything.

I confess that I did step on the scales this morning and was delighted to discover 4lbs of water weight already gone and going by the amount of flushing I've been doing today, I wouldn't be surprised to find another loss tomorrow. I'll try to resist, but the first week of a low carb diet is always so exciting :)

My challenge is to be realistic and not get carried away with the first week's losses and be prepared for smaller numbers next week and not get into a negative mind set if I only lose 1 or 2lbs (or none).

Hey Debbil great start may the losses continue ;)

Thank you DustQueen :)

Survived day 3... just. It's been a tough one. Picked up some Coke Zero and some of the low salt bouillon today which helped a little, I also tried one of the Tesco raspberry bars... om nom nom... but a little too delicious, it's taken every ounce of self control I have to stop eating the whole box of them :(

My big order of soups and shakes arrives tomorrow and I've ordered a pack of the porridge as well to see if I like it.

On the plus side, as of the last half hour I have keto-breathe. Nasty but such a relief, hopefully tomorrow will see the end of my headache and hunger pangs :)

Well done hunny good luck for day 4 babes and 4lbs gone already ur on a roll my lovely x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

good luck xxx

What a great day!!! Hunger and headache are back to minimal levels and my energy is on the increase.

I'm going to start mixing in a little cardio this weekend.

When I have a bad day I need to remember just how good today felt :)

Reading all the threads here is just so inspirational.

I hope I feel like this by the time I go back to work next week.... My job is quite energetic! Xx

Day 5 down and done.

Not a great day but fought my way through it and survived :)

I've been waking up far too early and with sore legs from my hips to my knees. Similar but not as bad as sciatica, but almost as annoying. :(

Has anyone else developed aches and pains during the carb withdrawal period?

The Debbil said:
Day 5 down and done.

Not a great day but fought my way through it and survived :)

I've been waking up far too early and with sore legs from my hips to my knees. Similar but not as bad as sciatica, but almost as annoying. :(

Has anyone else developed aches and pains during the carb withdrawal period?

I get terrible leg pains like growing pains and all my teeth ache :S

Thanks, good to know it will pass :) I had a better night last night and not quite as achy this morning.

My ketosticks arrived this morning!!! WHEEEE!!!! Well and truly in Ketosis! *happy dance* We have some friends and family coming over tonight and this usually involves take out food and drinks, but I'm not in the least worried about it. They all know I'm on this diet and most of them are tactful enough not make a deal out of me sitting there with a soup while they eat a curry. I may have a rum or two with coke zero after the food is all gone, but I'm not sure yet. I plan on savouring the smells because, lets be fair, the best part of food is the smell, it never tastes as good as it smells. I may add some curry type spices to my veggy soup just for fun :D

I've also been back on the scale this morning, just couldn't resist :) I've lost 7.5lbs so far which I am VERY happy with, if that is all I lose this week I will still be very happy as it's the most I've lost in the last year of tried and failed dieting. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend and manages to stay strong. My husband has a phrase he uses to help me when he sees me heading for a stumbling block, it is now my mantra...

"Don't mess with the program!"

Erm I would be careful about having the rum..... there's a thread somewhere about alcohol being dangerous while in ketosis.... besides, it would knock you right out again x

Dang :( I thought I'd read that spirits were ok in moderation and even an odd wine was ok, just not beer. I can't remember where I read it. Better safe than sorry though, I can just pretend there is rum in my coke ;)

Back