a half a stone at a time!

Yeah me I do - I love it :) I asked dp last night if he could spare me for 7 weeks while I go to the gym 4 times a day but he said no lol - don't think I'd be able to take that much time off work either. They look so well but I guess the challenge is did they manage to carry on once they got home. Can't wait to see how they look next week.

Weigh in this morning and I've put on 1/2lb. I'm gutted that I've not managed to stick to plan this week but am very relieved it's only a 1/2lb gain. I was expecting more. Still I managed to stick to plan 100% yesterday and had a good session on my xtrainer. I plan to do the same again today too and made a big pan of cauliflower and broccoli soup with cous cous for lunch and spag bol and salad for tea.

At the beginning of the year I wanted to have lost 1lb a week on average all year. I didn't think it was that big of a challenge but we're already 7 weeks in and I've only lost 4lbs so already behind. It's only because I've not stuck to anything yet so hopefully if I can focus I should be able to make it up. That's not unreasonable is it? Now I have my xtrainer I have no excuse for not exercising so that should help too and I have been managing to stick to doing exercise 4 times a week since new year.

Sorry started rambling to myself then lol. Good luck to everyone else weighing in today. xx

Hi girls, lost 3lb this week, so that's 1 stone down only 4 more to go. Made a delicious roast tomato and basil soup at the weekend, which is now one of favourite lunchtime fillers. I'm finding that I'm losing more on red days, so home made soup and chicken kebabs it is. Also found a scrummy recipe for a smoked fish pate that's made with quark, excellent with carrot and celery sticks for those Saturday nights in. Keep up the good work girls xxx

Wow Donna - that's fab!!!

Seriously how do you do so well? Even when I'm really good I struggle to lose more than about 1lb a week. Having said that it's been some time since I had a 100% week. Perhaps this week the weight will shift more if I can stick to the plan properly.

Your soup sounds yummy too. I've been trying a few different vegetable soup recipes out this last week or so and most are lovely. It's really handy for EE days as I'm not a big fruit fan and it's good for getting the 1/3rd superfree in at mealtimes.

Keep it up you're doing so well!!!

Thanks Catherine, really want to be able to wear any bikini I want for my hols, so that's what is keeping me motivated. It ruined my holiday last year, not feeling confident around the pool or when we were out in the evening.

I found EE a struggle and the weight loss was very slow, being on either red or green days seems to do the trick. Think I'm going up my exercise as well, this seems to help boost my loss by a lb or 2. Honestly if you stick to it 100% you will see results. I've also been talking green tea capsules which are suppose to speed up your metabolism. Xx

When I first joined sw years ago I did well on the red and green days. I've not given EE a fair chance yet so will see how I go on that and if it doesn't work I'll switch back. I found red days helped me lose weight much faster but I did feel hungry because there's not much to snack on and it got too expensive buying meat as snacks (as I said I'm not a big fan of fruit - although I eat it much more now than I used to).

I feel exactly the same about feeling horrible the way I look. Last year I kind of excused myself as my youngest was only small but Christmas was horrendous. I went to a black tie do at work and having to go round the shops trying to find a dress that a) fit and b) looked ok was awful. I went on my own because I was so embarrassed! We've not been abroad for the last few years because of having our younger 2 children so close together and then job problems over the last year or so but hopefully next year we'll be able to go. I would love to be able to actually wear a swimsuit but atm I wouldn't dream of it.

Hopefully this time I'll stick it out and actually get there.

Hi girls missed my wi this week again tho this time due to work deadlines!! Unfortunately I'm off now till Monday and there's no clubs near me that wi on the weekends r fridays (makes no sense to me!) but anyway feelin quite down because I think I wud rather no then not know if I have gained r lost anything!!

Hi folks,

not been on this week, so just catching up with your messages now. I've been doing SW for 4 weeks now charliesworld, lost a 1lb this week but after all my enthusiasm last week ended up out sat and all day sunday, drinking too much lager and vodka, then had a big fat burger when a bit drunk and had a serious hangover on the monday which resulted in drunken hunger all day monday, eating crap lol!!! only human, going to get back on track and stay away from the pubs this weekend, definatley my downfall the weekends!!

Hope your all doing well this week, on a plus side that's me hit my 2nd 7lb goal, working towards number 3 now!!

6.5 lbs off as i lost 9 due to illness last week and added 2.5 but im on track it was just due to cough mixture and general recovery. got my 2 stone award and club 10 woohoo.

lost a lb this week, this is when i get bored and go off the rails, all the effort then lose a lb!!! Then again, as my mum pointed out 1lb a week is 4 stone a year, need to keep that in mind!

Hope you all have a good week, well done curvilicous, that's amazing!

Hi Ladies - sorry I've not been on for a while. I've been having a bit of a crisis with it all. Congratulaions with the losses - I can't wait to be as far along as you guys :)

I rejoined class on thursday night so my start weight has changed as I now weigh in at night rather than in the morning but last time I actually stuck to class I lost weight. I lost so little since new year because I'd be good for a few days then go off track for a couple of days which kept me at the same weight more or less. I was exercising 4 times a week though and i measured myself recently and found even though my weight hasn't changed much I've lost inches so now I'm feeling more upbeat about it.

This week is going well so far although I'm a bit worried about tuesday with it being pancake day and everything. It's a family thing that it's the only day of the year we eat them so it's a treat. Plus I'm supposed to be eating out for lunch with dp that day as he's off work this week. I've saved some syns but don't think it'll be enough if I give in and decide to treat myself. Time will tell!!

hi girls,
Well i rejoined on thursday night, and had put 5lb back on, but had lost 12, and not been for 5 weeks, and been very bad, so dont think thats too bad!! back on track now, and at the same class as my mum, so also have a bit of competition in there!
hope your all doing ok, we'll get there!!

having a very bad few days folks, can't stop eating, just realised i've had 8 slices of bread today already (love bread) and it's the extra thick white loaf, need to snap out it but just can't get motivated this week, HELP!!! :cry::cry:

hows it going now Linton. I know exactly how you feel!! everyones entitled to an off day, you just got to try extra hard when your back on track. I know because I've had an off 5 weeks, but hopefully back in the game now. its just too easy to fall off the wagon, I'm trying to think of my friends hen party, we're all going in white as greek goddesses and her and all her friends are very slim, so i dont want to look the way i do at the moment when i'm with them. thats my motivation!

Hi all how u's gettin on? Had wi Monday night and had a very surprising 1.5lb off! Not much I know but considering I ate a tub off haagen daz on my own fri night (fell out with close friend so was very down!) den had a rare night off from kids sat night and was on wine from 7pm-5am den had munchies all day Sunday i was really expecting a massive gain!!! But back on the wagon this week my friend joined up so have abit of competition now and a walking buddy so hopefully dat will help-only 2.5 months til ds communion day

I've had a good week this week although I may have gone over my syns on tuesday. I had 40 left but had 2 pancakes with ice cream :sigh:. Still it really is the only day of the year I have them and couldn't resist when the kids were eatig them lol.

Weigh in tonight so I'll let you know how I get on. I've got loads of birthdays coming up in the next month and then a weeks holiday so it's going to be tough but my plan of action is to be extra good the days I have nothing on so I have syns to cope with the other days. This week is my last week of nothing for a while.

I've kept up my exercise this week too and joined a gym - although we're doing a 3 month trial to see if we can fit it in. It's pretty expensive as we've all joined (there's 5 of us) so if we don't use it enough I'll just cancel it.

Good luck with your weigh in tonight Amanda :)

Arghhhhh!!!! Just checked my diary - week after next I have a night out with dp on saturday for his birthday (concert then meal and drinks), his birthday on the monday (and I have ordered some rather yummy cupcakes to celebrate) and then my birthday on the thursday. It's only my 3rd week - I didn't want a gain that soon but how else can I get through the week with so much on?? (I defininately don't want to miss out on the cupcakes!!)

Last edited:
well done girls, you's have had great weight losses this week, i on the other hand have put on 2.5lb, not surprised, not stuck to it at all this week, will try and get back into it this week, lost all my motivation but then this is what i usually do !!!

Well done girls, you're all going in the right direction. I've stayed the same this week, so having a week on my juice diet to get me back on track. Have been feeling run down and lethargic recently and this always seems to perk me up. Also I've given up chocolate for lent so hopefully I'll have a week good loss next week. Good luck Xx

Back