A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Well done on the loss, official or not!

I've had Jehovah's Witnesses at my door on a few occasions. I'm too polite to turn them away so I always just explain I'm Catholic and take one of their little booklets. Don't think I've ever encountered Mormons though...

I'm so annoyed. Me and my boyfriend were going to go to the cinema earlier to see Wreck It Ralph but the bus didn't turn up. We're going to go to the 7.30pm showing tonight instead. Take advantage of Orange Wednesdays!

In better news, I scale-hopped earlier and am -1lb! I won't update my stats etc til official weigh in day on Sunday. Maybe by then I'll be down some more. *fingers crossed*

xxx

I'm the same, I end up giving to charities I cant afford for the same reason, I cancel after first payment... I hate clipboarders :)

Yey, get rid of that weight!!! :))))

Hello everyone!

Happy Valentines Day & all that jazz!I'm working 5-9 tonight so me and my boyfriend are having a wee lunch in. Swapped cards earlier and he loved the wee creative portrait of me I got him. :).
Still no word from uni or on the job front :(. But my new wig arrived today!! Look:

greenrev.jpg

I am a total wig-enthusiast! After bleaching the hell out of my hair to dye it crazy colours for years, I decided that wigs are definitely the way forward! I get all mine from a lovely company called Geisha Wigs. Couldn't wait to get it out the bag and on my head hence the lack of make up haha.

On with the good food stuff!

B - Banana, strawberries and blueberries smoothie 233
L - Cheeseburger with onions and ketchup 500
D - Chicken stirfry

Others: 2 litres water, galaxy ripple bar and iced doughnut at 352!!!
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central, half hour fat-burning/muscle workout.

Total calories: 1,385

I will tally up the totals etc in a bit. Need to pop out for now!

Last edited:
i absofrickinLUTELY LOVE AND ADORE that wig!!! omg it is a gorgeous colour, the waves are lush and it TOTALLY suits your face!

Hey Erin, looking good, hope you enjoyed your lunch in x

Thank you both :). I had a lovely day yesterday, pre-work! Ended up having some choc and a cake though. tsk tsk!

On to today!!

Quite sad today as my boyfriend has just left. Between me being at his last weekend and him coming home with me on Monday, we've spent a whole week together more or less. It's been lovely but it makes me realise just how much I miss him when we are not together. :(. I really hope we get to live together again soon. Sadly, our financial circumstances just don't allow that at the moment...

What's in store today:

B - Banana, strawberries and blueberries smoothie 233
L - Ham salad with light mayo 210
D - Tuna pasta with spinach

Others: 2 litres water

Total calories: 923

So I am left with some calories if I want a dessert or something. Thinking I might also walk to work today since it's dry. It's about a 40 minute walk.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.

Over and out!

Almost forgot to say - I found out yesterday that I have been put on the waiting list for PGDE primary teaching! Better than nothing. Now I just need to hope that someone turns down their offer in favour of one of the other universities. *fingers crossed* All hope is not lost!!!

Morning all.

Hope you are all having a good weekend so far :). I've not got much planned. Well, nothing exciting anyway. Going to have a clear out at some point. Far too much stuff in my room. Gonna decide what I'm keeping and what I can sell on ebay. I need all the extra pennies I can get since my hours at work got cut. Still have the rest of my holiday to pay for by the end of next month!! My parents have paid the majority of it as a graduation present but they are a bit strapped for cash right now too so said I'd stump up the rest myself.

Yummy stuff:

B - Fruit and fibre with ssmilk and banana 317
L - Homemade macaroni cheese with reduced fat cheese 207
D - Ham salad with new potatoes,coleslaw,pickles,beetroot

Others: 2 litres water

Total calories: 966

Again, leaving me some calories left for snacks/dessert/whatever. I ended up having a crunchie yesterday. I'll need to cut back on the sweets next week, been a wee bit too indulgent this week at times. I'm not sure how the scales will treat me on weigh day tomorrow. I made the decision to stop my pill on Sunday past because of the uncontrollable mood swings so been letting myself re-adjust, get the hormones back to normal etc. I've been feeling a bit sluggish and what not which might be related. I've started taking a multivitamin(with added iron) each day since I used to be anaemic pre-pill so hopefully all will be well on that front.

Over and out!

Good morning!!

One thing I have learned this week is that I cannot make allowances for small indulgences - at least not as many as I managed to squeeze in this last week. Scales are showing +1lb this morning and I am gutted. Entirely my own fault, I let things slip slightly this week with portion sizing and those extra little sweet treats. Right back on the wagon today and hoping for a big loss this next week to compensate for the last few.

On with the show!

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 230
L - Beans on wholemeal toast(1 slice) with sprinking of cheese 230
D - Baked potato with tuna mayo(light),beetroot salad,coleslaw,broccoli+cauliflower

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 110cal and banana at 105cal

Total calories: 1,141

Plus my multivitamin. I've been trying to achieve my RDA for certain things and according to the calorie counter I use, today's intake is 'good' in most areas. I am only 'low' in Fats (12% of calories for today,should be 20-30%),Fiber (24g,should be 25g lol), Calcium(509mg,should be 1000mg) and Potassium(2694mg,should be 4700mg). All in all, not too bad - I am getting over half of the RDAs.

In other news, had a total gut out of my clothes last night. 3 hours it took! Ended up with 3 binbags full of junk, a box and 2 bags for life full of stuff to keep and a box and a bag for life full of stuff to try and flog on ebay to help my holiday fund! Dad dismantled my wardrobe (which was falling to bits) and has taken it to the dump. New one should arrive in a few weeks so living out of boxes n bags for the time being!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

Over and out!

Managed to get the exact wardrobe I was gonna order from a catalogue from Argos in their clearance sale for over half the price!! And a wee table to put the TV on in my room. Dad is gonna help build them both up later. I am excited about my new wardrobe...sad as I am!!

top tip on birth control and mood swings - get yourself on the mirena coil or the implanon implant. i have a form of bipolar disorder and the mood swings that came with PMS compounded my other ones dreadfully. i tried tri-cycling my pill to minimise the highs and lows and then the depo jab (gained a lot of weight on that though), but the mirena coil was a clear winner. it's worth the minimal discomfort of insertion for 5 years of protection and the trickle of hormones kept me at a steady ebb and flow rather than super highs and lows. i didn't notice any weight gain at all (i lost weight as i came off depo to be on the coil) and after a while my periods stopped completely. i didn't get much in the way of TOTM weight gain after that either, no more than the 2lb you fluctuate daily, anyway.

try not to punish yourself for the gain, either - it could be anything from water retention to a change in how the scales were calibrated, and if you cut back on calories too severely you will trigger the starvation mode "OMG MUST HOARD ALL CALORIES!" and make things worse!

best of luck getting your new purchases all built up and stocked, sounds liberating!

Love a good bargain and its sooooooo satisfying when it is something you were eyeing up full price :D

Hello everyone!

Hope your Monday is paving a good path for the week!! It's been unusually sunny up my way today but still quite nippy outside too.

Today's feast:

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie
L - Wholemeal toast with baked beans + cheese 269
D - Slow-cooked beef casserole with rice

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 110cal
Exercise: 40 min walk to work.

Total calories: 1,193

That leaves me a few hundred to have a cuppa and a biccie later on :).

I know I usually do Dance Central and I had recently started doing a 30 min fat-burning/muscle workout too but today all I can manage exercise-wise is my walk to work - which I did this morning. I have injured my right foot somehow and think I made things worse by sucking it up and walking to work. I had planned on walking home too as well as Dance Central today but no joy. The pain started a few days ago and is in the sole of my foot near the ball. It feels like cramp/pulled muscle and has become increasingly sore these past few days. No idea how it happened but will be off to the docs if it hasn't sorted itself out soon. If it eases off a bit I'll try Dance Central later.

Not much else to report really!

Over and out!

have you got anything you can do that doesn't involve putting pressure on your feet? i had a trapped nerve in my back that gave me a similar pain, it eventually worked its way out but in the meantime if i stepped wrong i bloody knew about it!

maybe try just doing some boring old situps, crunches, anything like that?

I did exactly that! Just focused on exercises that didn't involve putting much weight on my sore foot! :)

Hello all!

An unusual night time update from moi! Managed to walk to work again today despite my gammy foot haha. It seems to ease up a little at night but then get progressively worse as the day goes on. Didn't help that the Brownies were an odd number tonight for games so I had to join in with one of the teams haha. Great fun but my foot is throbbing now!

Yummy food stuffs!

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 252
L - Ham and tomato sandwich on wholemeal bread with light mayo + a banana 325
D - Baked potato with tuna,cheese,coleslaw + beetroot salad

Others: 2 litres water.
Exercise: 40 min walk to work, Brownies runaround!!

Total calories: 1,209
And I am actually feeling quite full, for a change! Satisfied is a more appropriate word, I think :). Depending on how my foot feels I may walk to work again tomorrow afternoon and attempt some Dance Central in the morning. Definitely off to the doctors on Thursday if things haven't improved!! Had a wee sneaky scale-hop earlier and am back to 12st 10lbs so fingers crossed it keeps going down and I have a big loss come Sunday :D.

Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Over and out!

Foot sounds painful you should get that looked at your food looks really good today your dinner sounds delish fingers crossed for a good number on the scales this week

Morning everyone!

Definitely not going to be walking to work today. Can barely manage stairs now. Gonna get a doc appointment for tomorrow - our surgery is an on the day appointment system so will need to be up bright and early to make sure I get one! Work isn't going to be fun today. Luckily the bus stop is only one block over from my house and it takes me right to the shop's front door. I'll just ask to be on till duty, at least that way there's minimal movement. And dad is picking me up afterwards.

Today's yummy goodness:

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 230
L - 1 slice white bread,toasted and baked beans with sprinkling of cheese 251
D - Homemade lentil + vegetable soup

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 110cal
Exercise: Upper body weights x 30min

Total calories: 1,063

That leaves me some room for a wee cuppa tea and a biscuit. I know I shouldn't be scale-hopping but today I am sitting at 12st 9lbs. That's -3lb since Sunday. If I can keep this up then I am expecting a delightful result come official weigh day on Sunday. I'm going to try my hardest not to weigh myself again until then. I think I like to scale-hop just to make sure things are going in the right direction lol. Silly as that is.

Hope everyone is getting on well.

Over and out!

(P.s! Just another 8lbs to get to 12st 1lb then I am officially no longer 'obese' and into the 'overweight' category! woo!)

Last edited:
That's brilliant well done you that 8lb will fly off , it's a great achievement to move down a weight categories so to speak it was so nice not to hear my doctor blaming everything on being "obese"

And I am actually feeling quite full, for a change! Satisfied is a more appropriate word, I think :).

see, this i have to learn. for too long i have been programmed to think i'm only "full" when in fact, i am overfull... i need to re-learn that "full" is feeling "not hungry"/"satisfied" after food.

that 8lb will drop off faster than you think ;)

Back