A healthy Life starts here!

Amanda, you are doing brilliantly, and never ever question how slow it is!....always remember the fable of the hare and the tortoise, and who won xxx

Hi Amanda

Lol I found you!!! Congrats on your weight loss, your doing really well.

Hope your day is going well and keep up the good work Boo xx

Hehe I am not usually that hard to find. :D

Thank you. It has been a quiet day so far but tomorrow will be different... It is my son's birthday and he wants lasagna, so going to take my books with me and work out the Syns lol. Got to have a piece.

Wow Amanda you are doing really well :) You can do this! I will keep popping in to see how you are getting on if thats ok? xxxxx

Thank you Jackie :D
I hope so. I keep waiting for it all to go wrong.
That would be great, like neighbours popping over for a drink :D

Amanda, you are doing brilliantly, and never ever question how slow it is!....always remember the fable of the hare and the tortoise, and who won xxx

:D Thanks Lynne. I think I worry more about failing than the speed but you are right, I shouldn't question it. I know this amount is going to take awhile. I have like a journal but I don't write in it every week, just whenever. Looking back that way and I am like wow I lost that much in that amount of time. It helps hehe.
Silly Hare, won't catch me sleeping... :8855:

Last edited:
I know I usually only post Friday when I weigh-in but I thought I would post today as more of a motivational talk for myself hehe.

Well I start my food diary on Saturdays, I still write everything down, I prefer it that way and so far this week I have actually been using 9-10 Syns a day. :eek: I know!...

This is where my pep talk comes in, sort off..

Tomorrow I am going to my kids dad's place as it is my son's 23rd birthday and he is currently staying there.
He is always asking me to do lasagna so I thought tomorrow I will, if they have the ingredients. But to me all I see is pasta AND meat AND sauces. They always had jars of sauces whereas I know don't. They are way too many Syns when there are lesser Syn options. My ex is very set in his way and I usually refer to him on here or anywhere as a 'friend'.
He is the person that I had 70 Syns in 2 days for and you don't argue against him hehe.

So I am prepared for tomorrow but anxious too. Before when I had those 70 Syns I had the rest of the week to make up the week's allowance but as you may have noticed I have been using Syns each day.

I blame Facebook!... One a group there had a recipe for Brownie Bites and I made them. Something for my daughter and I to nibble. 4 bites = 2.5 Syns. Doesn't sound a lot. It does when they are there on a plate every time I open the fridge.. I will be glad when they are gone, I usually have more willpower than this lately.
I guess I will still have Wednesday to Friday to try and make up any differences, or not have any at all. I can hope he doesn't have all the ingredients.

Plus I am just 2 lbs from losing 2stone... I think I will focus on that. I feel more determined when I have that in mind. :D

Well that was a lot more than I thought there would be...

Last edited:
Another post!... I am on a roll tonight.

I wanted to jot this down before I forget, it isn't quite dieting but while on a diet I am trying to get fit. I can now walk with no pain at all. :D
Although a long trudge around our largest lake in town had my legs aching for a couple of days. :giggle:

But once upon a time I used to walk anywhere and everywhere and I would like to get almost as good as that some day.

So I am going to set myself a challenge...

By next May-June I am going to enter and walk at least one charity walk!.

Every year I have wanted to but next year I will. That is one of my goals I think. :)

Maybe I should take a look at the fitness diaries hehe.

Amanda ♥

Another Friday, another weigh-in :)

I felt sure I had gained weight. My stomach area felt more solid, for the first time since starting slimming world. It used to get like that with certain foods or eating more than I should so to me that meant weight gain hehe.

I didn't get to do the dreaded Lasagna Tuesday for my son's birthday as they didn't have pasta sheets. But it was a nice family day.
I have been having more Syns than usual, not going over my limit though. :)

Well this week I lost....

Da da daa... (hehe) I lost 2 lbs :D:D:D That takes me to my 2 stone loss :D:D:D

I tried to think about that as I was weighing myself. I am sure it was that moment of determination that gave me the loss hehe. 2 stones! Woohoo! :bliss:

*proudly shows off new sticker*

As a treat and because I was starving I had a Doner Kebab from the chippy. But I only had a small one instead of the usual large. Didn't feel like cooking after putting all that shopping away. It has been a long day and my Syns allowed for it.

Last edited:
Review of the week:
Well the week could have been better.
Saturday I decided to do exercises for my upper arms using women's weights, light weight ones. But ended up hurting the all the muscles on my left side of the neck and shoulder which spread to upper back as well. I still managed to walk 30 minutes a day. I wasn't going to let anything stop that hehe.
But it did affect my eating pattern to be honest. I tended not to eat prepared meals as much and ended up using Syns rather than Free, unlimited, foods. So most days I used about 10-12 Syns a day.
I thought it would be all right as Slimming World do say you can have 5-15. I understand it will be different for everyone and preferred the 9 Syns a day which seems about right after this week's gain.
I guess having less Free foods and more Syns can work for my daughter but not me.
Also.. I had a couple of Green days which I don't usually. Maybe once in a month or less. But this week I had two Green days.

Today I weighed in at 20st 3lbs (283lbs)

That is a gain of 2lbs

But that is my first gain in two months and I have rationally thought out why I might have gained this week. So not being too hard on myself I hope.
At first I couldn't see why I gained at all because I still exercised and still followed Slimming World. But it was different from before. Now I know what works for me and just goes back to that way and hope it works.
I get a feeling that now that I have gained I will just keep gaining...

Plan for the coming week:
Eat more Free foods.
No more than 9 Syns a day.
Keep walking 30 minutes a day, five times a week.
Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
Try to lose that 2lbs to get to the 2 stone mark again.
Keep positive!

Last edited:
Well another week, another weigh-in.

Today I weighed in at 20st 1lbs (281lbs)

That is a loss of 2lbs and I reached that 2 stone mark again :D

For me I think keeping off the Green days really works.
A couple of days ago I even had a treat a fresh cream doughnut. I counted the Syns and everything and made it work. :D Very proud of myself.

I am very pleased with how this week has gone and even with exercise. I have been walking 30-50 minutes a time, over 6 days this week.

Keep filling up on Free foods.
5-9 Syns a day.
Continue walking 30+ minutes a day, five times a week.
Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
Stay focused to keep losing rather than another gain.
Keep positive!

Today I weighed in at 19st 11lbs (277lbs)

That is a loss of 4lbs
:D :bliss:
(Yes I do actually have a happy dance when I weigh myself, good thing I don't go to a club hehe.)

I felt so sure that I would gain and never get over the 2 stone mark hehe. It is easy to see how a gain can diminish our confidence.
No idea how I did so well but I am really pleased. I got under the 20stone mark and just 3lbs from my first goal of 10% loss.
I have had all red days, they definitely seem to suit me better.
I am really pleased with the exercise. I am still walking 30+ minutes, five times a week. I noticed that I have to walk a lot further now to fill the 30 minutes. Now I am covering the same amount of distance in half the time.

★ Continue to try for 5-9 Syns a day.
★ Keep filling up on Free foods.
★ Carry on walking 30+ minutes a day, five times a week.
★ Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
★ Keep positive!

The diet went a bit screwy this week. I still followed the plan and nothing wrong there but turns out for three days my Philadelphia light wasn't light...
I didn't even look up the Syn value to be honest. But for a couple of days I didn't have my A allowance to sort of make up for it.
Then Thursday my daughter bought cream cakes and I had one. Then after.. I looked up the Syns and realised the cake wasn't worth all that hehe.
Exercise has been a bit out of routine too this week. I got the total weekly amount done but a couple of days had to do an hour plus to make up for the the two days I didn't walk. Not like me at all.

So I really expected this week to gain weight. But...

I lost 1lb :D

This is the happiest I have ever been for losing just 1lb hehe.

▪ Continue to try for 5-9 Syns a day.
▪ Keep filling up on Free foods.
▪ Carry on walking 30+ minutes a day, five times a week.
▪ Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
▪ Makes sure I buy light Philadelphia and not normal..
▪ Get focus back and be positive!

With the diet this week I was still a bit sluggish from the week before for a few days. I was using about 11-14 Syns a day. So I decided I would make up for it the rest of the week, having barely any Syns and filly up on the Free foods instead. But for some reason I just feel bloated all the time. For the overall week I ended up having about 2/3 of the week's Syns so it kind of leveled out. But now I am back into the routine of low Syns.
My walking routine has been brilliant this week and I am really pleased. I aim to walk a minimum of 30 minutes Monday to Friday. But this week I have easily done 40-50 minutes each time.

Today I weighed in at 19st 10½lbs (276½lbs) That is a gain of ½lb..

Not completely sure why I gained. I had the right amount of Syns, even less than I allow myself. I know it wasn't a big gain but all I can think of is that last week and the beginning of this week the type of food had something to do with it. But as I said I am now back on track with the low Syn and the filling up on Free foods.
So we will see how that goes I guess.

► NO more than 9 Syns a day, no matter what!
► Keep filling up on those Free foods.
► Carry on walking 30+ minutes a day, five times a week.
► Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
► Try to keep focused.
► Remain positive!

A little late in posting this week but...

I lost 4lbs :D

and

I reached my 10% target and have now lost 2½ stone.

So all in all I am really pleased.
I thought I would do another 10% of my body weight goal which will be to get to 17st 5lbs (245lbs)

Last edited:
Today I weighed in at 19st 5lbs (271lbs) :D

That is a loss of 2lbs

I have been weighing myself on the Wii at a friend's because my scales only went up to 21st (294lbs) and I kept using the Wii. Because that is what I started with and I thought that I would be tempted to weigh myself more often at home once I was light enough for them. But I am not tempted.
They are good scales, by Salter.
But the Wii keeps messing up. It will say I lost a certain amount but then the amount it says I am doesn't match with what it said I lost.
So for a few weeks I am going to weigh myself on both. I think it would be better on my scales. They are proper scales for this purpose and pretty decent ones at that, plus they are on a hard surface like scales are meant to be. The Wii is on a carpet.
Well...My scales said that I am 19 st 2lbs (268lbs). That is a difference of 3lbs.

Any views on which I should use and why?

What I did was the day I went to SW I then weighed in at home to see of there was any difference as different scales can say different things. Then you can measure it from there. I wouldnt say the wii scales will be very accurate.
Hope that helps?
Lucy.

What I did was the day I went to SW I then weighed in at home to see of there was any difference as different scales can say different things. Then you can measure it from there. I wouldnt say the wii scales will be very accurate.
Hope that helps?
Lucy.

Was there much difference? Plus it all helps :)

Amanda-Jane said:
Was there much difference? Plus it all helps :)

Yea there was a 2lb difference an it all counts as you say. My friends scales make her 10lbs lighter than our group scales!!
Weighed in at the doctors yesterday an was 5lbs lighter than at SW!!! crazy!!
X

Yea there was a 2lb difference an it all counts as you say. My friends scales make her 10lbs lighter than our group scales!!
Weighed in at the doctors yesterday an was 5lbs lighter than at SW!!! crazy!!
X

Hmmm. Okay... Hehe. That didn't help me work things out but it was good to know, Seems SW ones are always slightly heavier..

I wonder if there is anyone that has had comparisons with the Wii Fit and other scales?

This week seems to have been bit of a struggle...
Tuesday I had a slice of pizza, the smallest slice in the box.
Yesterday I had 2 large sausage rolls, 1/8 of an apple turnover and a pack of chicken balls from the Chinese... (no sauce though).
I feel that I have thoroughly let myself down this week.
The other days have been very low Syn indeed but that is no excuse.

I have also been reminded of why I started slimming world in the first place. To get healthy and to stop eating the foods that are making me ill and overweight. I have a really bad reaction to some foods.
But it has been 4 months since I have had any off these til this week. Let's hope it will be even longer til next time.
We all slip up right...

Well...

Today I weighed in at 19st 3lbs (269lbs)

That is a loss of 2lbs :D

But I know that I will have to work hard to make sure the foods I ate this week don't show a gain next week.
Both the Wii and scales at home showed a 2lb loss.

► NO more than 9 Syns a day, no matter what!
► Fill up on those Free foods.
► Carry on walking 30+ minutes a day, five times a week.
► Use the exercise bike if I don't go out walking.
► Try to keep focused.
► Remain positive!

A long ramble this week...
I have lost almost 3 stone (42lbs) in 4 months. Each week has been pretty good steady steps, not huge steps but small and steady. SO I was quite pleased with myself and proud. Yes I said was...

How can it take strangers who know nothing about me to wipe it all away.
Sunday we went to the chippie, one thing a friend wanted was cod and chips. I got chicken doner kebab, and just ate the chicken and salad. So I didn't buy anything bad, kept within the diet and everything.
There were three guys outside the chippie, about 20 years old. One looked at me and then had to start making fun of my weight and his two friends laughing and they kept on and on all the time until they left.
Inside was three girls, about age 12-13. They had to keep making snide comments about me and giggling and repeatedly staring.
I get this every time I go out. I hate going anywhere. They didn't know that I had lost all that weight but that's the point, they didn't know. They don't know me. They have no right to judge, ridicule and hurt me.
It is fine everyone always saying just ignore them. I do ignore them but it still hurts. It still breaks me apart inside.
That day I did okay with my diet.

The next few days didn't. I didn't have binges, I didn't go out of control but I was hurting and I didn't follow Slimming World. I kept Syns to the normal amount for the week but I ate foods that I shouldn't have. That don't agree with me.
Now I am back to the sod them attitude again and back on track but it is easier when I don't have to go out and see people.

When I go for my walk I try to go where there aren't people about. I rarely ever go to the shops over the road because of the people that hang around over there. These are different shops to the ones previously mentioned. It happens everywhere, it doesn't matter where I go.
Even when I walk through town it happens. This isn't me being paranoid. I know when someone looks at me, then laughs and talks to their friend/s and then they all look at me and laugh. They continue to stare, talk quietly to each other and laugh.
I am tired of all this and it gets me down. I try not to let it. I try to act like I don't care.

To make up for not keeping to allowances/ free foods (hard to keep to when money and food is tight anyway) and Syns I thought well if I eat more, my allowances, then that is just piling more food on top of the Syns that I have just had. So I started going without breakfast. Would go most of the day hungry. Doing the worse thing possible. But no more from today, I hope. I spent some of the bill money on food so that should see us over for a few days and get myself back on track.

My walking remained strong and consistent though. I never ever completely give up on myself. My resolve is always there somewhere.

Today I weighed in at 19st 4lbs. I gained 1lb

I expected a gain, from last week's diet and from the chocolate this week but I did expect a bigger gain so all in all I am okay with this. It could have been a lot worse. I did expect it to be a bigger gain.
Quite a shock to find it just a 1lb gain.

Before weigh-in I was resolved to work hard and lose all that I had gained and I will but now it will just me more of a loss than losing what I had gained.

Back