A healthy Life starts here!

Blinking heck!! 6lbs!!! And FOUR stone!!!! A fantastic achievement, well done you!!! I cannot wait until the day I can write down those words!!! Sorry, going a bit crazy with the exclamation marks, but they are needed on such an occasion!! Well done again hun, super proud of you!! :D :D :D xxxx

Thank you Emz :D

Exclamation mark all you like hehe it is how I feel too. :D

You and Val had more faith in me than I did and I will never forget that, you both said I could do it and wow I did. I don't know how lol.

You will be saying those words. :D and then I can exclamation mark you hehehe. xxx

Wow that is an amazing amount to loose ;-) well done u!!
I think it's what everyone needs at this time of year to keep is going over the festive period!! :) xx

Not sure how this Christmas is going to go hehe.
My first vegetarian/Vegan Christmas!.

I don't usually have extra treats or anything but this year I am in the mood for it.
So on Saturday I am having a baking day! :D

Vegan Mince Pies and Vegan Christmas Cookies. I can't wait.

Let us hope I don't put on too much weight tomorrow as my last weigh in before Christmas, if I gain...

Otherwise I might change my mind.

This week's weigh in I have lost ½lb. But the Wii doesn't show halves, just whole pounds. But it did show that my BMI was down.

So.... I am still under my Christmas goal :D

But... I have let myself down a little today. I had caramel snack a jacks and kind of ate 2-3 days worth. So I have to be an extra good girl most of this week. I say most of this week because of Christmas and Boxing day hehe.
But what is done now. :)

This week I gained 1lb. I am perfectly okay with that as I was prepared. Well I would have been okay with 3lbs and very upset with 5lbs but this week I having been snacking. Not on healthy snacks either but convenient snacks.. I haven't overeaten just not eaten well. So I fully expected a weight gain, even though I have walked 4+ miles every day.
So 1lb was a big relief and I also got the feeling of a second chance and get out of the snacking stage. But those sort of foods are addictive to me and hard to get off once started.

Hello you, how are you getting on? Well done on staying so positive, and besides that 1lb will be disappearing before you know it! :)

Hope you are getting on OK, sorry I've not been in touch for a while it's taken me ages to get back in the swing of things after Christmas lol! :)

xxx

I know that I am late with last Friday's weigh-in. I have been taking things real slow this weekend.

Generally I walk 4+ miles a day. I have been known to even walk 8 miles a day. But that is only when I missed a day or something. I tend to walk 5-6 days a week. Never under 5 though.

Well my town is in a valley so walking to town is easy, all down hill. But walking back is another story and it can get steep at some points especially if you aren't used it to. Which I found out Friday that I am not.
I am pretty much short on money most of the time *looking for work* so that helps with all the walking. I don't drive and don't want to.
So Friday I had to go to town which was fine and it was quite a nice day for a change. But of course I didn't have the money to bus bus. So hey why not walk it. I am tons healthier than I have been in years.
But I made the mistake of keeping to the same tempo that I always use when walking. Not good for constant uphill. After 30 minutes my breathing was quite heavy ( you got to remember I had already walked 5-6 miles before heading home) then shortly after that I was getting chest pains.
I found it really hard to slow down a bit, I don't know why. Once in a tempo I just stay on it.
But I stopped to text my daughter just to let her know, and what do you know... My tempo slowed... But I was walking so unbelievably slow that it was frustrating. The breathing was fine but the chest pains still niggling me.
So this weekend I have been in 100% rest mode and I saw the doctor this afternoon. Everything is fine, I just overworked the muscles between my ribs.
She told me to rest and take painkillers. Well I had rested... I will put on weight and get unwell if I stop walking.
So I went for my Monday walk hehe. My usual 68 minute walk took 75 minutes. So it was slowed some lol. But I didn't get any chest pains and managed to keep breathing at a low steady pace.

Well after all those ramblings... Hehe

At Friday's weigh-in I had lost 3lbs. I didn't expect that but very pleased.

Hi Amanda Great weight loss this week - well done xxx

Glad to see you are feeling better - I got worried when I started reading about chest pains, but great that the docs gave you the all clear. I know it's horrible having to slow down, but its the distance that counts, not the time. It burns the same amount of calories to walk a marathon as it does to run one, so frustrating as it may be, you are still getting the benefit!!

Congrats again on the loss

take care xxx

Back