A healthy Life starts here!

I seem to be managing better this week being vegetarian and keeping Syns low. I did have a treat on Monday. I had two Triangles of the 400g bar of Toblerone but then I kept the rest of the week very low Syn to make up for it.
It seems to be way too easy to not have my allowances now so I have to keep a check on that. The other day I bought Morrisons Meat Free Vegetable Quarter Pounders but I can't find them anywhere online or in the book. Same with most of their Meat Free Vegetable stuff. So I just made my own for dinner. I think I need a bit more practice, they was nice but too soft in the middle even though a crunchy outer. I used wholemeal breadcrumbs from my B allowance. It was nice just I want it to be better.
I also have done Slimming World Syn free chips this week and they was lovely.

I walked a minimum of 300 minutes this week. :)

Today I weighed in at 18st 4lbs (256lbs)

That is a loss of 6lbs
:bliss:

Obviously I am very pleased. How could I not be. What I am doing this week obviously works so I need to keep on that track.

Hi Amanda-Jane, I've just read through your diary, and just wanted to say WELL DONE on what you have achieved so far!! I have had a pretty rubbish week with being ill and gaining 2.5lbs at WI, but am now back on track, and seeing how positive you are is really inspirational! :D

I am also vegetarian, have never really liked meat and apparently when I was about 5 years old I arranged a big massive protest march (dragged my sister into it, who happens to love meat) against my Mum, as I did not want her cooking me food with meat!

I am sorry you cannot tolerate Quorn, I am sure you will find other alternatives, and it sounds like you are doing well on experimenting yourself! I cannot stand tofu, I find it a really weird texture and cannot eat it! Feel free to share any good veggie recipes you come across or make up, I am always looking for new ideas! :)

Keep up the good work hun, I will pop back to see how you are getting on if that is OK? xxx

Thank you MissClumsy.
Thank you so much. I am actually blushing hehe.

I hate it when ill too. It is as if everything goes to pot, you don't want to make the effort or anything. But glad that you are back on track. :D You seem to be doing great so far. I can't wait to read all about you too.

Wow I love that, I wish I had decided this a long time ago but I guess better late than never. It has been a long time coming.
I am not sure about other alternatives, when I look around it just reminds me of Quorn and I don't bother.

You are always welcome back. :D I can't wait.

HI Amanda-Jane

How you going??? Hope you are OK

xxxx

Hi Val. I haven't been well most of the week. I thought it was just a common cold but turns out it won't clear and getting worse.
Hence I haven't posted at all this week.

Thank you for caring xx

Meh!... What an icky week. Been feeling ill and bloated too...
Syns have been within the allowance but did have a couple of treats that I guess I shouldn't. I am hungry but don't feel like eating and I know it will hurt when I do eat and a headache almost all the time and I can barely sleep cause of the pain in my chest and throat. But I should try and eat more.
There have been a few days that I haven't had my allowance. Having unlimited potatoes, rice and pasta means I am rarely hungry and don't fancy more food. Not that I eat a lot of those foods but still more filling than eating meat used to be.

I had Morrisons Meat Free vegetable quarter pounders and I can't find the Syn value for them anywhere...

Walking has been a bit off this week too. I have made sure I walk the minimum set amount at least, which for me is 40-50 minutes a day. But I really haven't felt like it but I know if I stop it will be hard to get back into it again.

Today I weighed in at 18st 4lbs (256lbs)

That isn't a loss or gain. But the BMI is a tad lower, just not enough to register in weight.

Well Not sure why I didn't lose weight this week although I didn't feel like I had. But I am really in that sort of mood that I am not bothered hehe.

Hi hun, sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell this week, there is definitely lots of it going about!! Hope you are better! You seem to be doing really well still though, with the walking and everything, I might have to join you on that one, as I don't think I move about enough at the moment! We'll have to have virtual walks together!! :D

Keep at it hun, and have a great week! :) xx

Hi Amanda-Jane Sorry to hear you are feeling so awful - hopefully the fresh air from walking is doing you some good. Hope your ikky-ness moves on soon so you can get better. If you want to give me the nv details I can look up your veggie quarter pounders on the website - may have to use the online calculator.

Hope you have a better week this week

Val xxx

Thank you Val and Emz. It is finally starting to go. :D

Yeah there does seem to be a lot of it going around. :(

Not in the mood for all that walking now though hehe. But it will get done... Virtual walks together sounds great. :D Where to tomorrow?

Not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow!...

I just ate 3/4 pf a pack of Cheddars!. I love them.
My way of not snacking on Syn food so I can get carried away is not to buy it in the first place. I have TONS of willpower not to buy it. But my daughter bought these and I had a couple. Started out with great intentions but then got the taste and wanted another and so on. Just now I finished off the packet.
I don't even want to total the Syns up. I just want to think 'Right well blown today, start over tomorrow.' Hasn't exactly been a low Syn week really.

I think I will just cover my eyes as I step on the scales, oh and my ears too hehe.

Well did you ever!...

I lost 2lbs hehe.

Oh!.. I am 1lb away from my 4st and 2lbs away from my Christmas goal :D
I didn't even realise that til I just came on here.

Well done on your loss! Sorry I've not popped in for a while, it's been a hectic week and long days! You will easily get your Christmas goal now, well done again!! :) xxx

Well done on your loss! Sorry I've not popped in for a while, it's been a hectic week and long days! You will easily get your Christmas goal now, well done again!! :) xxx

Hi Emz, don't worry :) It is a busy time for most anyway. Then some others even more.

Not sure if I will I gained 3lbs this week and I have got the hugest cheese craving... Turns out I ate 57 Syns today!!!

I did the thing that I always do and looked it up, a lot... hehe

Seems I am not getting enough calories.

Feels like when I used to go to the actual clubs and them telling me that I don't eat enough...

I have to work really hard to lose weight as it is. So having cravings doesn't help lol.

But I do have a plan hehe. :D

Hi Amanda - sorry I've not been around - have been without a pc for a little while. They are annoying these cravings arent they!!! I have been craving carbs recently (and have gained cos I gave in :( ) - Can't wait to find out your plan xxxx

Well it seems eating the cheese that I did helped hehe. No more cravings.

But I need to keep them at bay. I think my problems were that I was struggling with the vegetarian decision and keeping low Syn. I found I was filling up on the smaller amounts, not having allowances because I wasn't hungry and anything Syns wise wasn't so much low Syn, not high Syns either. But I would have one Syn item for like 7 Syns plus a couple of Syns used with meals if needed.

Well I have walked tons this week. 370+ minutes. About 6 hours I think, over 6 days instead of the 5. I am really enjoying my walks. When I was walking yesterday I remembered how even in just May, I couldn't walk 20 minutes without taking 2-3 breaks. Now that 20-25 minute walk takes 10-12 minutes as I am naturally faster too. Plus now I can walk for miles. I love it :D Even in the cold lol.

My plan is, sort of, because I don't actually go to a Slimming Club I do this at home I won't worry about Syns as much. All my meals are made from scratch anyway. I don't add anything that I shouldn't, ie.. butter, oils, salt, sugar and so on unless absolutely necessarily. Even then I don't add salt or sugar. I have now cut out dairy and eggs from my diet too.
But I will ( as I always have, even when not following a diet) have the guidelines in my mind. I will still have allowances as they are needed and we aren't meant to overeat those anyway.
But I won't worry about Syns. As long as I take in all my body needs and don't go over I should be okay.
Plus keep the walking routine going.
What do you think?

Hi Amanda - sorry I've not been around - have been without a pc for a little while. They are annoying these cravings arent they!!! I have been craving carbs recently (and have gained cos I gave in :( ) - Can't wait to find out your plan xxxx

No worries. Because I am out more now I am not on as much either. But I will always have time for my new friends as I am sure you do for me. xx

This is the site that I found, not sure if it would be much help. :)

Cravings: What Do They Mean, and When Should You Listen? « Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet

Oh and I almost forgot!....

This week... *drum roll*

I lost... hehe

6lbs :O

Shocked I know.. I am flabbergasted! Over the moon and flabbergasted lol.

But that takes me to my Christmas goal :D and of course my 4 stone mark :D

Yes I know you thought that I could do it hehe and you was right. *hugs* :D

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Congratulations - 6lbs is a fantastic acheivement in itself, let alone getting your 4 stone and reaching your christmas goal - well done you!!!

Your plan sounds fine in theory - afterall most of the syns are in the snacky stuff, so long as you are still loosing, I'd say go with it. If that changes esp as you get closer to your target you will prob need to start counting again.

The only thing I would say is to make sure you are getting enough calcuim for your bones without the dairy, if memory serves me, its the green leaf stuff, so spinach and curly kale et al, but then I guess you already knew that - Sorry, I went all mumsy then - am finding as I am getting older I am increasingly sounding like my mum aaarrrrggghh!!

Anyway, congrats on your loss this week. 4stone weightloss is an amazing pressie to give yourself for christmas - thats 5 x 5kg bags of potatoes, and its difficult lifting 1 - you are amazing!!!

:D thank you Val. I am still shocked about it hehe.

Yeah I was worried about the calcium, I do have rice milk with extra calcium, but I rarely have that...
My vitamins have 25% of the calcium I need.

I am not a fan of things like spinach and curly kale...
But then I never used to eat swede either and if chopped small I don't even notice that I am eating it. So any advice is ALWAYS welcome. :D

I am the type of person that is always reassessing what I do hehe. But not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Syns and Slimming World have always been in my mind when I eat and shop even when I don't follow a diet. I think that helps. I hope so. Like you say, just keep it low Syn and it should be okay and when I reach those points where I need to reassess but I am sure you will help. :)

Thank you. :D

Blinking heck!! 6lbs!!! And FOUR stone!!!! A fantastic achievement, well done you!!! I cannot wait until the day I can write down those words!!! Sorry, going a bit crazy with the exclamation marks, but they are needed on such an occasion!! Well done again hun, super proud of you!! :D :D :D xxxx

Back