A little bit annoyed...

Princess_Ames

SW Junkie!
Just posted how well I'm doing on Facebook...

All i get is "Are you making yourself ill?"
"Are you sure it's healthy?"
"Be careful or you may get weak and collapse"

Shine a light! I am obese. At risk of type 2 diabetes, never used to drink enough, never ate the right foods... And NOW they tell me to be careful in case i make myself ill??!?!?!?!?!

I am having my RDA of vitamins. I am drinking 2L + water a day and yes fair enough i am on restricted calories but crikey me, surely they realise that this is better for me than being FAT.

Sorry for the rant. Just hate how un-supportive people can be when you are trying your best to sort your body out.

Hah! Add us all to your fb and we'll knock those comments on the head!! ;)

I think your doing fantastic and I'm really proud of ya. Sod them ;) xx

I'm just ignoring em... while ever i feel fine and good i will keep it up.

You do get that little niggle in the back of your head but in fairness if it wasn't good for you health wise they wouldn't be allowed to sell it. End of.

Yup - heard those messages a thousand times before princess_ames - its ruddy annoying isn't it? People turn into degree qualified dieticians/doctors when you let them know that you are on this diet. Salute them... with your middle finger lol :D

Don't worry about what others say hun :)
I'm not telling anyone I'm doing this I can go home from work for my lunch so saves the hassle of all the crap I will get from other people :)

I know exactly how you feel hun, I get the same from a group of my friends. My auntie that tells me I'll never lose weight says the same things....I think she's jealous that I'll lose weight and she wont.

It annoys me when my friends tell me what I'm doing is bad for me when actually being this fat is what's bad for me. Gggrrrr.

You just carry on and ignore all negative people. x

"Salute them ....with your middle finger." I love it Jenjen. You NEVER hear people warning of the dangers of nicorette??!! Laugh at their ignorance, PA. You'll soon find out who your real friends are.

Bellerine

I'm with the other posts. IT's pure jealousy. Can't bear to think you will end up slimmer than them. One or two of my colleagues say similar ( one is over 2 st heavier than me). It's a guilt trip that they aren't doing anything themselves
Ignore them. They are ignorant.

I'm with the other posts. IT's pure jealousy. Can't bear to think you will end up slimmer than them. One or two of my colleagues say similar ( one is over 2 st heavier than me). It's a guilt trip that they aren't doing anything themselves
Ignore them. They are ignorant.

cant wait for you to post a new pic of yourself on ya FB when you have lost weight...Looking so "ill and at deaths door" lol...

I cant be bothered with telling anyone i am on Exante cos when i get negative comments from people (especially those that have never had a weight problem)it makes me want to slap them hard on the face for being so ignorant....Your doing something to help your health...good luck huni and well done so far xxx

My close family are really supportive of me on this diet. Most of my friends are supportive apart from one. I knew she wouldn't be and I only told her I was on the diet because she asked me out for food and drinks. The VERY first thing she said to me was "Won't you just put it all back on again?" Other friends will ask me how i'm getting on but she doesn't say anything. I'm convinced it's jealousy. She wants me to stay the "fat" friend. She will be very unhappy when i'm thinner than her. Her lack of support and jealousy helps to spur me on though. I know she wants me to fail and that makes me want to succeed all the more, just to prove her wrong!

My auntie asked my mother how my weight loss was going so my mum told her "she's doing really well but having to work really hard at it" I have PCOS which gives me trouble loosing weight and had a severe ME relapse last October leaving me very immobile and am still not at the level where I can do any significant exercise, to which my aunt replied " why doesn't she just join a "REAL" slimming club" my mother knowing that I had done WW religiously and gained weight then bit her head off :D love her!!!

Having PCOS too I know how hard it is to loose weight in a "real" slimming club too and have had those comments too. Well done your mum yay! X

Back