A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Charleysangle,

Welcome to MiniMins:welcome:

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

(How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

You can read more on this link below.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Love Mini xxx

Hi I'm new to this site and WLS I had my surgery 1/8/09 I am finding it really hard to get to grips with any routine and am feeling out of control with my diet and drinking. The day I started my liver shrinking diet my dad passed away, I had my surgery 3 days after I buried my dad, and i am just so unhappy that it doesn't matter how much or how little I lose.

Hi there biglittlesis im so sorry to hear about your bereavement its only natural that your gonna feel unhappy right now no matter how much weight you loose or not you are gonna be unhappy.

Ive not had weight loss surgery yet and fairly new to this site myself but all I can say is stick around have a good read and if your unsure of anything just ask take care xxx

Hi Mini,

Thanks for the info! I am trying to set up a ticker now, but not sure what to do next?? How do I get it onto my posts please?

Thanks x

Hi Mini,

Thanks for the info! I am trying to set up a ticker now, but not sure what to do next?? How do I get it onto my posts please?

Thanks x

J havent tried my self but try the link here charleysangel

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

(How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)(How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

Thanks for the info Mini, just found the site this week - it's huge - I could be on here for hours! But it's great reading about others successes and easy to identify with struggles and feel less alone! First full day today and so far so good. Spag bol was lovely, good and spicey.

Hi, I just joined today after coming across this site searching for slimming world recipes. I've been overweight as long as I can remember and have finally decided to do something about it, due to an agreement made with my Mum for her to stop smoking if I lose weight!! Now that i've made the decision I intend to stick to it no matter what happens with her. I'm hoping that with the loss of weight will come greater fitness to allow me to run around more with my 2 little girls.

Hi, I just joined today after coming across this site searching for slimming world recipes. I've been overweight as long as I can remember and have finally decided to do something about it, due to an agreement made with my Mum for her to stop smoking if I lose weight!! Now that i've made the decision I intend to stick to it no matter what happens with her. I'm hoping that with the loss of weight will come greater fitness to allow me to run around more with my 2 little girls.

Welcome Angel, join the club,no offence intended. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Hi, I'm Jacqui and am about to start LT on monday after a final family birthday celebration and can't wait. Have tried everything else, and after reading everyones posts feel confident this is gonna really help and it is nice to know there is lots of support out there!

Hey there another newbie!
I'm Sam, 24 years old and trying the old fashioned eating sensibly and exercise diet (god help me! lol)
I currently weigh 16.7 stone (at my heaviest i was 17.7)
I want to get down to about 12- 12.7 stone (I am 6 foot 2 in height so i think that would be about right)
Fingers crossed, I am getting married next September so no more excuses i just have to get on with it!!!

Sammy x

Hi, just joined today, Found the site when searching for the eating out guide for WW. My mom use to go WW years ago, and I've decided to take it upon myself to also start. I started on Monday and so far so good! Be good to get to know other members, and success stories! :)

Hi

Hi everyone,

My name is Kate and I am new to this site! Joined slimming world yesterday but started diet on monday after being a veteren weight watcher. After having my daughter in January I have been trying to shift the weight! Love the slimming world plan and am following it to the letter but feel as if I am putting weight on not losing it!
Anyone else feel like that? I get weighed next thursday so will find out then

Look forward to any advice or tips on slimming world plan

Hope everyone is doing ok with their weight loss !

Hi!
I'm Sassie (by name and nature!). I've had weight issues for as long as I've been alive (fifty years!) but had never been as heavy as I was three weeks ago (not even when pregnant!). So, after seeing an advertisement I bought myself a diet plate, and haven't looked back: half a stone gone, and three inches off my waist. It's so convenient being able to eat the same food as the rest of my family (especially as I have to cook it!) and I can truly say that I have not felt hungry even once.

Hope to get to know you all as the weeks go on, and to jazz up my posts a bit, when I work out how to do it!

Sass xx

Hi there Sass welcome, ermmmm Diet plate????

newbie here

hello I am a newbie,
i have no idea if i am doing this right as i seem to keep deleting things i write.......LOL!
I am trying to do slimming world and my GP just suggested orlistat. i am motivated but have about 120ilbs to lose which seems a mammoth task.
Would love to have a group of on-line mates in the same position so that i can get there this time! Should I start a new thread/ blog ?????
Any advice appreciated.
regards
strawberryblonde

hello I am a newbie,
i have no idea if i am doing this right as i seem to keep deleting things i write.......LOL!
I am trying to do slimming world and my GP just suggested orlistat. i am motivated but have about 120ilbs to lose which seems a mammoth task.
Would love to have a group of on-line mates in the same position so that i can get there this time! Should I start a new thread/ blog ?????
Any advice appreciated.
regards
strawberryblonde

Hi there Strawberry blonde welcome. ;)

In my opinion I would start a thread in the Slimming world section at least then if you have any problems regarding the SW plans there will be someone who will be able to advise you accordingly.

Good Luck xxx

hi. my name is Ruth, i'm 33, mum of 4 kids (aged 10, 8, 5 and 3) and from leicester. i need to lose about 3 stone.

i lost 2 stone last year following the you are what you eat plan. i had the depo injection and piled 2 1/2 stone back on in 6months!

am going go on slim fast for a month to give me a kick start and then see where i go from there.

hoping to get to about 10stone but have set my goal for 9 st 10 so i can have a bit to play with :)

Rx

Hi everyone,

I started Cambridge Diet in February and lost 3 stone by May, I then put 1 stone back on and i've gone on the diet again and lost 1 stone in 3 weeks by doing sole source. I try to swim 3 times a week bu have taken it easy whilst sole sourcing. I weigh 11s 1llbs and am about 5ft 5 so ideally would like to get to 9st 10lbs. I want to do something that is long term and not a quick fix so googled help and found this site - it's amazing!

Hi, I'm Cath and am completely new to to this.
I joined slimming world in June and hope to lose 77lbs. lost 19 lbs so far. Had a bit of a bad 5 weeks gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. I know where i'm going wrong. I eat take away food encouraged by my husband.
Feel a bit like I need more will power to say no when he suggests a pizza or curry, but I don't want to deprive him either. Then I get annoyed with myself, Any suggestions to get out of this bad habit???

hi i need to loss about a stone i am 5foot 3 and 10.3 i manage to loose 3or 4 pound then back to bad habits stuff myself when borred etc same old story so this time thought i would join you and see if i could do a bit betterxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back