A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all

:):):)hey all..

kind of lost in how to use this site.. i found it when googlein for vibro plates, I really think its great to have support off loads of people going through the same problems all over the world..xx

Hello everyone,
I just joined this forum after a friend told me about it. I am going to see my CDC today for the first time and (hopefully) start the diet tomorrow. Anyone have a suggestion of useful questions I should ask her? Somethings that were useful to you when you first met your cdc? :)

Hi!! What a fab site! I've just re-started SW after 6 years! X

Hi everyone :) I'm on a calorie-restriction diet, have lost over three stone already, but as the weight loss slows am beginning to find it a struggle! Joined here on the advice of a friend :) *waves* x

Hi everyone

I am so glad i found this website as i definitely need support and help with will power. I have just started the slim fast diet and i think sending it my weekly weightloss will motivate me to stick to it especially seeing other ladies lose weight, i know that that will inspire me and keep me determined. I read a few posts and was struck by how friendly and helpful everyone is. Looking forward to making friends.

Nubianspirt

28/01/10 Start weight 212 lbs

Hi everyone.

I am new to the site.

Hoping that with your help and fantastic ideas that I will lose some weight.

Finding the last few days very very hard,
I am constantly hungry.

Going to make some 0 pt ww soup and see if that helps. :wave_cry:

Just to say hi all, i'm Jaq and i live in Essex, UK.
This is the first time i've joined any type of dieting forum or club.
I'm a grandmother in my 50's and happily divorced. I looked in the mirror on Saturday and decided 'this year' i will lose weight and hope to feel better about myself!
I found this site looking for filling but cheap ways to keep the hunger pains away and found the 'magic porridge' recipe, so thats a good start!
Looking forward to losing the flab and maybe gaining a few friends and support

:)hi. new 2 this just thot i wld pop in and say hello. actually found this forum by researching the recall on reductil which i started almost 3wks ago!:confused: bit disappointed its really been good for me with no side effects what so ever.

Hi all
I am mishi a sahm to my 4 kids who are 6,4,3 and 7mths. I am a serial dieter but every time I loose weight I seem to get pregnant..lol I am aiming for a different target this time and have booked a holiday to Florida in sept so want to loose as much weight as possible between now and then. I am aiming for 2lbs a week but being a very overweight lady it probably wont make much of a dent in my weight but enough to give me a good boost. I am following slimming world but at home and in the last 3 weeks have lost 8lbs...so onwards and upwards!

Be Positive - See Yourself Thin & You Will Receive It !

Greetings

I am new here today, and I have read a few comments about what you all state about feeling guilty after you have pigged out when you shouldn't.

If I can give people hope - I will do my utter best.

I have also started a diet on 1st feb, and I am always the same up and down, but this time I wont get mad at myself for having a weak moment. ;)

What is the point ? You will then say to yourself, 'I have eaten something fattening I might as well continue to eat more bad things that day'. Then before you know it you wont lose any weight that week or you might gain.

Feeling Guilty isn't good for you. It Will make you feel down and depressed and then you start to feel more negative about weightloss. Weightloss is something you are doing to better your health, make yourself become slimmer and it will improve your self confidence. It will be the best thing you have ever done, even to lose a few pounds.

If you crave something and you can't control that urge, don't feel guilty about it. The next day you might cut something else out and it will make up for it. Each day is different, and if you surround yourself with negative people - You will create yourself to become negative, and then that will help you feel even more bad about yourself, and start to eat more.

Each day when you wake up no matter how you are feeling inside - Be happy you are doing something about yourself and your body. You're trying to change something for the better and that is positive.

Think Thin and you will become thin.
Think negative and you will remain negative
Think positive and positive things will happen for you.

It's all in the mind and you need to control your mind, and make your mind work for you and your body.

When you banish those negative thoughts' you will start to feel better inside your soul.
What you give out is what you will receive back.

If you don't lose any weight one week - So what, it's not the end of the world. Reduced your points ( if on weightwatchers ) by 2 0r 4 points.

Half the time we eat due to boredom - Does your body really need it ?
Ask yourself questions - Gain control of yourself, your body weight and remain focused and positive.

I lost 18lbs on weightwatchers 2 years ago and again it's back, and this summer I want to lose those 18lbs again.

I will not beat myself up if I have a bad day, But will reduce items on other days to make up for it.

Recite a daily ritual each morning, afternoon and evening
Say it loud, say it under your breathe
Make one up that suits you - Create your own Ritual, and Believe in it and Watch it work for you.

I say this one ....

Goddess above Hear my plea
Help me lose weight - so I can feel free
being slimmer and healthy is my dream
Goddess above please hear my plea
Help me lose weight - so I can feel free

Recite this Mantra over and over until you know it of by heart, and before you know it - the weight will start to drop of you.

'If You Believe - You Will Receive'

Its all in the mind - Control your mind and each day praise yourself for losing weight even thou you might not have. Keep praising yourself, and your mind will start to be programmed that you are losing weight, and you will start losing it.

All you need is a positive mind !
Having a negative mind will destroy all your hard work !

Good Luck x

Last edited:
Hi all, I am starting cambridge diet on saturday and i would love the support of this tread. i have tried all the diets and none have worked hope to be able to stick to it this time.

Hi all, I am starting cambridge diet on saturday and i would love the support of this tread. i have tried all the diets and none have worked hope to be able to stick to it this time.

Welcome to Minimins Mumin need :):):)

If you stick with this community and the support it can offer I am sure you will achieve whatever goal you set yourself.

Welcome again,

Isis :D

hi my name is rosie and i joined this site yesterday after a lady in my sw class mentioned it, this is a brilliant site with loads of recipe ideas and really friendly people. i was well nervous putting a post up :-( ive got nearly 6 stone to lose, but for the first time thought i could actually do it. i'm a little bit lost with the site but sure i'll muddle through. i've lost 8.5 pound so far in 2 weeks and feel really motivated.

what i would really like to know is with the sw diet you get half stone weight awards and have seen alot of ladies that have been able to show there weight awards at the end of there post, how do i do that? if anyone can help. thanks very much rosie x

Hi all

Ive just found this post and am relatively new here.

I actually found this site last year but wasn't in the right frame of mind to lose weight at that time. Anyway, I restarted slimming world on the 4th Jan have rejoined classes, albeit a different one and so far am really enjoying the extra easy. So far in 4 weeks I have lost 11lb which I am really happy about and am keeping my fingers crossed for another loss on monday.

Hope everyone else is having a good day whatever diet you are following.

I joined just today and loving the forums so far!! so much info on slimming world syns, recipes and ideas! everyone is so friendly too!

looking forward to becoming involved lots! =)

Hi I joined today and am really baffled by the site, I am low carbing and would like to meet people that are doing the same, Will carry on having a look around, would appreciate a reply to my message. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back