A moan about tasters!

Miss -I find if its something different that you have made, then people want to try it and ask how you made it, so go with whatever you fancy as i'm sure it will go down well no matter what. I always try and do a nice presentation too, this makes the food look interesting and appetising and will draw peoples eye.

I've only just attended my second class today and it was a taster. I was absolutely terrified and decided I would just weigh in and leave but whipped up some brownies at the last minute which I found a recipe for on here. I'm really glad I did it and stayed for the class. Everyone made a real effort and I tried loads of new stuff and got some great ideas. There was so much on the table! I've asked someone for their recipe for a chicken curry they brought in as I loved it so much. Was really impressed :)

Its great to hear about the effort put in Felix - its technically what taster nights are all about, and well done for whipping up the cookies lol

Must admit, I never thought it would open a can of worms at all. A lot of people ask about tasters on this forum.

Thing is its been a good thread though as people who go straight from work or don't have time to cook have got ideas.

It's not really my place to say anything at group - it's up to my consultant really. And as for opening a can of worms?.........well this is a forum and any thread posted has the potential to do that as not all of us agree on everything.

Thanks Jaylou - I think it has been a good thread too - has shown both sides of taster sessions x

I made 1 syn chocolate dipped strawberries for group tonight, melted a 26 syn choc bar and dipped 26 strawberries in when i got in from work, bunged in the fridge for half an hour, placed in a nice dish and voila! Went down a storm :)

Can't say i noticed who didn't bring food tonight, i was too busy eyeing up the mince pies!

Loving reading through this forum, definitely got to laugh at people bringing sausage rolls, biscuits and pringles!

Yeah once at one of the taster sessions at my group everyone helped themselves to this big bowl of chilli con carne... only to find out afterwards when talking about what was on the table that they'd just used regular mince and even a spoonful size worked out at about 4 syns, shocker!

But yeah I love taster sessions, great ideas!

Loving reading through this forum, definitely got to laugh at people bringing sausage rolls, biscuits and pringles!

Yeah once at one of the taster sessions at my group everyone helped themselves to this big bowl of chilli con carne... only to find out afterwards when talking about what was on the table that they'd just used regular mince and even a spoonful size worked out at about 4 syns, shocker!

But yeah I love taster sessions, great ideas!

Ha ha - we had one similar a few years ago and someone brought cauliflower cheese. I tucked into it and couldn't believe how nice it was and when I asked the lady who brought it how she made it so nice she said ''well you take some butter and mix it with some flour and then add milk and loads of cheese'' I carried on chewing and nodding at her thinking ''oh so THAT'S why it tastes so nice'' LOL x

annoying when this happens. we have a simular thing with the fruit bowl. most people forget back they are repeat offenders every week

Ha ha - we had one similar a few years ago and someone brought cauliflower cheese. I tucked into it and couldn't believe how nice it was and when I asked the lady who brought it how she made it so nice she said ''well you take some butter and mix it with some flour and then add milk and loads of cheese'' I carried on chewing and nodding at her thinking ''oh so THAT'S why it tastes so nice'' LOL x

Haha yes me too!

It's my taster tonight, straight after work.

I was stuck as I knew I'd have to bring whatever I made to work but last night I made the spicy vegetable pakoras off the SW website and a yogurt and mint dip.

Hope someone likes them!

Can I not take worms to a taster then?
Or maybe you could make spicy spaghetti and call them worms - halloween themed n everything!

We had one weds. I made a syn free dip. People made a right load of ****. Tasty but not syn friendly or involving Superfree foods! We still all gotta live and tasters take u to syn overload! I mean pigs in blankets! And they weren't skinnie lizzies!

YP xxx

The consultant asks who has made each item and what us in it before we eat. That's the chance for her to put people straight! Some people really don't get it when it comes to sausages and burgers and think that if they are from the butcher they must be very low fat!

Back