A whole lot of weight to shift.

Thank you.

Yes, walking round the block was too much, I had to turn round. Like I have said before though in not being able to do that gave me immense motivation to lose weight, as to put it simple I didn't/don't want to be dead in a few years.

Think my knee is on it's way out to be honest, don't feel good at all.

Come back a day early from camping, nothing to do with knee but am aching all over and feel knackered as I only got a couple hours kip, was all good fun though.

Camping is pretty exhausting innit, fun, but definately tiring. Am sorry to hear your knee is in a bad way, hope it doesn't get you down too much. I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis late last year, and for months any time I moved much at all I'd feel so sick and dizzy I'd have to lie down for hours - so all my excercising went right out the window - have been doing a little more since finding this place and am still getting dizzy but not as bad as before

Are you getting any treatment for your knee?
All the best

Sorry about the labyrinthitis, but good to hear you're getting abit more exercise in.

No not bothered going docs about knee as I bet they can't do anything about it while I'm this size.

Don't really get me down as I still do my exercise and still losing weight.

Quite apprehensive about tomorrows weigh in though.

Wow you're doing so well. I would say be wary with your knee though. If its bad now, continuing the exercise will risk injury which could knock you out of exercise for months. I would say go to the docs, but if you aren't wanting to then maybe just take it easy for a bit? Would hate to see you trip on an injury-hurdle when you're doing so well!

Weights are good - I lost loads a few years back focussing mostly on compound lifts like squats, lunges, deadlifts, and then focussing on upper body. Now I use a kettlebell. Have you ever tried one? They torch the hell outta fat, build muscle and improve cardiovascular fitness all at the same time. Thanks to the russians hundreds of years ago who made them to train!

Thanks mate.

I did buy a kettlebell a few years ago but never got round to using it, might have to dig it out, think it was a 16 kilo one or maybe a 12 come to think of it.

Would have to look up what to do with it though as I wouldn't know where to start.

12 to 16 tends to be a good starting weight for men. Mind you I started with an 8kg one and that killed me lol.

For good videos try youtube. If you google 'mens health forum' then go to the subforum called 'getting superfit' there are a couple of threads exclusively dedicated to kettlebells, and one of those has hundreds of videos showing the various moves and how to do them.

James are you taking any omega 3 fish oils they are really good for your joints heart and bones also you should think about taking Glucosamine & Chondroitin Tablets they are really good for arthritis and cartilege trouble as long as you are not allergic to shellfish you should be ok to take them. I know what you mean about drawing a line under a failure in your days eating,best to do what you say stop it in its tracks and keep going all the best m'dear hope you knee is better soon.

Cheers, and I'm taking seven seas cod liver oil pills that have omega 3 fish oil and multi vitamins in them, it has helped since taking the pills but know it's not right.

Aesir, cheers for the tip, will have a look out for the forum.

So D day and pleased to say, no gain and I even lost two pounds.

Weights done and bike 15 mins 6.5k.

Going to have a solid week this week and not have chippy tonight, might have a pasta salad from Morrisons.

Oh well done James that is brilliant 103lbs!!! Sorry to nag you now but don't forget the Glucosamine & Chondroitin Tablets I told you about they really do help give them a try love.

Hope they work James need to get that knee better m'dear so you can do your exercises you are doing so well keep it up !

im thinking of getting an exercise bike. does it make a huge difference you think? my main exercise is walking and ive started swimming once a week

Weights done, bike 15 mins 6.2k

For me I probably could lose weight with out exercise at the size I am, but it keeps me on track [most the time] to not eat crap, as I think to my self, "well I've done this exercise I ain't going to undo it by pigging out".

Swimming I would say is the best but a bike is great as it is low impact as well, when I go Spain I will be using bike in morning and swimming in the afternoon.

Well I said I wasn't going to have a treat meal this week, but as it was the last night of the family friend staying we had fish and chips :) All good as long as I don't have it again this week.

Can't be good 100% of the time, gotta enjoy the treats. A high fat meal can spur your body on to burn stored fat while trying to lose weight, so every now and again it can help your weightloss out woo hoo!

Back