Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

Hey abbbie sorry took so long to reply things ok at min had scan at 34 weeks last week and they said baby was only 4pound and she had dipped a bit on the scale so need to go back in 2weeks for another scan, so been stressing a lot about that really x

Hi Ali, I hope when you go back for your next scan that the baby has gotten bigger and things are OK. Things probably will be OK, but it's just a precautionary thing to be on the safe side.
Getting mighty close for you now, how exciting. Feels like we've been waiting forever to get towards the end lol!
Hope you're well and try not to get too stressed, easier said than done I know but if you need to talk, I'm here for you. xxx

Thanks Abbie, just keeping fingers crossed really.been busy painting the hall and stuff doing last minute stuff that probably didnt really need doing lol. Finish work on thurs till the end of feb really cant wait as im a bit tired now lol. Like you i cant believe where all the time has gone only 5 weeks left and your only a couple of weeks behind me !!!!
Are you scared?

LOL! Yep, definitely, but excited too. Just wanting the last bit over and done with, but I know it'll go by quite quickly when thinking about it. On reflection, the past 34 weeks have gone by quite fast, 6 more can't hurt I guess lol.
I'm just so curious to see what he looks like and to give him a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge cuddle. :D

Hiya Kirsty, we're both fine thanks hun!

He's wriggling around and booting me a lot more now. He'll probably be like me, a total fidget once he's born lol.

How are you and Sienna?

xx

do you miss feel them wriggling from the inside kirsty? i just think i'll feel like something's missing once she's born...

abz xx

I'll miss it too. There's not much I like about being pregnant but I love feeling wriggles and kicks :character00100:

Wooohoooo 5 weeks to go! :D

Oh my god, me too! I am excited too as Kirsty correctly predicts hehe. I am bricking it about the pain but I know it'll be worthwhile. He'll be worth it. Ooo maybe I should call him L'Oreal lol!

OMG 5 weeks, scary stuff but how exciting! You all ready for his arrival? x

Pretty much FF hun, started on all the clothes and going to get everything organised. Hospital bag is almost done too :D yay! How are you getting on?

xx

Just sitting here wondering, apart from the obvious way, how the hell am I going to get this baby out of me when the time comes?? I mean, the closer it gets, the little bit more nervous I get.
Will my body instinctively know what to do? Will my brain function properly?? It's just odd to think that in a month, I'll be where a fair few of you have been and pushing my little man out and it's rather scary.
Sorry, I'm waffling lol!

Your body is perfectly designed to do this! You're doing something uncomfortable but natural (like vomiting or having a bowel movement) and your body knows exactly how to do it. Listen to what it's telling you and birthing your baby will be the most amazing experience you've ever had x

I had my last growth scan yesterday and the baby is weighing approx 6lbs 15oz. He is currently back to back, which I hope changes in the next couple of weeks because that could prove really horrible and make labour long and slow :( The sonographer said that he is quite low down and said in her opinion she doesn't think I'll last the full 3 weeks lol, so we'll see if she's right or not. I bet she's jinxed me now and I'll end up going overdue and needing to be induced lol.

Saw the anaesthetist as well yesterday and she said that although an epidural hasn't been ruled out completely for me, because she couldn't really feel the spine all that well, if I'm wanting an epidural, I'd have to ask early for it because it could take a while to get it administered but we'll see what happens.

I got my TENS machine from Tesco today, I've rented it for 4 weeks and it cost £27.50 and if needed, I'll be able to get 2 weeks free should I need it, so shall be interesting to see how well that works for me.

I so can't believe I've got 3 weeks til my due date. It's just shocking to think back to when I found out I was pregnant.
I'm nervous and excited, scared too because I just have no idea what to expect. I've warmed to the idea of a water birth also, so I guess it's a case of just seeing what happens on the day.

Hope everyone is well xxx

Its only natural to be apprehensive, I have given birth to 4 babies and know what to expect but will be just as nervous when my time comes this time;) All I would say is as ff said try to listen to your body it knows what it is doing, keep your options open as to painrelief etc. My plan for my first was all soft music, gas and air only giving birth standing up etc, etc. When it came down to it I had everything going apart from an epidural:p
Just go with it and don't be hard on yourself if you want more pain relief than you expected, there are no prizes for being brave at the end of it, just a beautiful baby, who will be worth every minute

hey honey. can't believe there's only three weeks to go. it's even more terrifying when i saw '21 days to go' in a ticker too, aargh, ha.

supposed to be packing my hospital bags today. but haven't quite got around to it... mostly done but need to pack some baby clothes!! ha.

abz xx

Well today (looks at clock and see's it's gone 1am), ok I tell a lie, yesterday was just a pain. Literally. I honestly thought I'd gone into labour.
Woke up at 9am with really bad backache, nothing I did eased it. I had woken up thinking I'd slept in a dodgy position or something but the pain wouldn't go away. I had another hours sleep hoping that when I woke up, the back ache would be gone but when I woke up, it felt even worse and had travelled to my sides and was making it's way round to my front to the point I felt I had really bad period pain.
It was after an hour of this pain, I started having thoughts that it could be labour, but as it's my first child, I'm not entirely sure so figured the best thing to do would be to phone up the labour ward.
I relayed the info of how I was feeling to the midwife and she said it sounded like I was in the very early stages of labour. I was thinking "Wow" because it was painful and I knew if this was early labour it was going to get worse.
Anyway, she told me to moniter things, to call back in a few hours if things were still painful but in the meantime to take a bath or in my case, shower, put the shower head on my back and take some paracetamol to help with the pain, to which I did and the pain started to ease off.
Half an hour after the pain started to subside, the pain started coming back and it was more painful than the pains before, so I decided to get the TENS machine out. The pain was still there and although the TENS machine did soothe them a bit, the pain was slowly overriding and I had to turn the TENS up to mode 8, where I'd started at mode 5, which was a slight tingling sensation.
So the pain was still there at around 1pm, travelling round to my sides and my front and I felt really sore and as though I had really bad period pain, but nothing in my cervix, which I'm not sure whether it's something I'd feel anyway, because when I spoke to my friend, she said she didn't have feelings in her nether regions until it actually came to needing to push, so I'm not sure.
The midwife when I phoned at 1pm said to give it til 3pm, if the pains were still there, to call back up and she'd get me to come in to get checked over.
1:30pm comes along and the pain subsides, so I'm sat thinking, "OK, maybe it is nothing", but then 2:30pm comes along and the pain comes back and again, more intense than the one before and it was constant for 40 minutes.
But then this is where it goes all Pete Tong, as soon as I've got my stuff organised to go to the hospital to get checked over, the pains start to subside and when I'm sat at the hospital for an hour in the waiting room, the pains have completely gone.
I got put on a trace which showed the baby was fine, thank goodness and yet there were no contractions. They just stopped!
It's like the baby suddenly decided that he was shy and wasn't coming. So I'd gone from being in possible early labour to just back tracking completely and feeling like I'd wasted peoples time.
I've not felt anything much since we got back, I've got a bit of a very dull ache in my back, but nothing to the degree I had earlier on.

So feeling a bit deflated and blah right now. Hoping it happens soon and hoping it was early labour I was in that just decided to back track because if that wasn't early labour, then I am screwed because my good god, it hurt so bad!!! :(

Anyways, hope you're all well and I'll keep you posted if anything else happens.

xxx

Aww hun don't feel too deflated sounds to me like your body is getting itself ready;)
On a first baby early stages can come and go but its def a step in the right direction, I got to 41+6 in my first pregnancy without so much as a twinge :sigh:
Try and keep as active as you can especially when you get those pains, hope its not too much longer for you, take care, Jo

Back