Abi's 23 day challenge!!

i do pour it into a mug when i can be bothered... ha. i would use our little blender thing but it has a danish plug on it (one of the major downsides of marrying a danishman, he brings all his crap then half of it is danish and you have to unplug other things to use them...) and i couldn't find a danish plug converter to use it without unplugging the dvd player i was watching or thomas's computer, ha. am sure there's a spare one kicking around somewhere. i was a bit wary of using bleach. can you dishwash the shakers? that should sort it out...

abz xx

well today is day five. i have discovered that it should have only been an 18 day challenge... i miscounted, but never mind :D the challenge will continue as i have to get through the hen party and make it to the wedding without falling off in between!!

yesterday was by far the worse day so far. today i'm feeling more positive. didn't have my morning shake until my tumbly got grumbly this morning. have just made a coffee so am looking forward to that, and other than some slight light headedness the day is looking good :)

can't wait to get all my energy back :D

abz xx

Hey abi,

Well Done on Day 5.... it will get easier now.... hope your energy soon comes back!!!! I hate the washed out feeling!!!!

Love Nas x

well there's no doubt about it. today has been difficult. and i keep thinking 'why am i doing this to myself when i could be eating healthily, mainly just EATING' and then i think, well, it's temporary. keep going. but it's hard. i am still feeling light and floaty and not particularly great. i am still feeling hungry down to the tummy rumbling even though i'm in ketosis. and i just want to get my gnashers around something!! mainly roast chicken with the skin. i would eat a whole one right now!! and mash and gravy. mmm. smelling all the sunday dinners that people brought into work today was murder, along with the free donuts sitting in the kitchen of which i did not partake.

have just had my evening shake and i really don't want to give up. i haven't even made it to my next meeting with my cdc yet. i'll have to make it to day 13 for that, ha. it's easy not to give up. you just don't move, don't act. remain still. and then you can't do what you want to (unless that was staying still of course) but sometimes this just seems ridiculous. even if it is temporary it isn't enjoyable in the slightest, and i'm all for enjoying life for the now, not waiting until i'm thin to enjoy it. but bugger it i want to get thin!! brain is in a turmoil. i'm not going to cheat. waste of money and effort!! but sometimes i wish it wasn't cheating. i just want to eat what i want to eat when i want to. and if i did that and was careful with my portion sizes i would be fine. i'm too bloody impatient!!

abz xx

Hang in there hun, only a few more weeks to go! x

thanks FC. i might be meeting up with my mum today. i'm not coming off the plan but the day might be difficult again. i thought ketosis was supposed to stop hunger pangs!! not the case with me. i'm sitting here glugging water all hungry and it's too early for my shake!!

ah well. today is another day. i think my totm might be catching up with me. i'm feeling all bloated and horrid which does bode well for my unofficial weigh in in the morning... still, i'll show some kind of loss...

some days i can see myself shrinking and others i'm just meh. grrr. just want some energy back!!

abz xx

well didn't meet up with mum in the end. good thing as half the day felt like i was made of lead. got in touch with my cdc and i might be going to get weighed after one week, not two. i wouldn't do this actually but want to talk to her about what to do around the hen night and wedding as i forgot to do that last week. i am going to weigh myself in the morning anyways as tuesdays are going to be my weigh in day so it will be after six days, wish me luck :)

this afternoon i have felt much better, mind you, i fell asleep for two and a half hours over lunchtime and then felt naff until around five, but since then i have perked up remarkably. i seem to do that on the evenings. not great timing... ha. and then i don't sleep properly on a night...

i haven't had any coffee today either to see if i can still zonk out. tried to make a muffin. complete disaster... another pack bites the dust. am going to have to get another extra one, ha. she's going to think i'm ebaying on the sly at this rate!!

am all bloaty still, assuming it's totm although i don't bleed at the mo with the implant. apparently that may change but we'll see :) so i doubt i will have an amazing loss but hopefully something fairly good :)

i'm having mood swings and sometimes it feels so hard even though i don't want to give up and then it just seems easy. i have told the chap i work with that i do it now. he's one of my best mates and sits next to me at work and is my supervisor, ha. and would notice and comment. i think somebody forewarned him though because he just said uhuh uhuh ok. and that was about it. and then put up with me rambling about it, ha. i suppose the fact that i mentioned the doc was aware and could supervise was a good line :) ha. so nothing there and the other men in the team, yes, there's only men, i'm in IT, probably won't even notice... so that's all good :)

i'm sorry i've been moaning so much. and i can't promise it won't continue. my moods and my motivation are all over the place at the mo.

oh, and i checked out the menu for where we are going on the hen night, not chosen by me, and the only way i can go low carb is by eating several starters and they aint big. the salads are all small but served with dough balls or bread. and there are no meat dishes, just pizza and pasta. so it looks like i'm just going to have to go for it, plan it, not worry about it, watch the drinking and start again the next day. we'll see. it will be my first meal in weeks so i probably won't be able to eat much anyway. so i'm going to have to watch what i drink!!

have made it through day six though and hopefully i'm getting over that bump in the road. reading through peoples' amazing weight losses has spurred me on a bit today. plus a few pms to keep me going. thanks guys :D

abz xx

i've obviously scared everyone off, ha.

well this morning's unofficial weighin was one of 12lbs off, woo. my cdcs scales may say something different but i've been keeping an eye on mine. also of course cdc weighs me at night... so goodness knows how much water i'll be hefting around. if need be i'll alter my ticker back up *sigh* but wanted to see it go down for once :D there shouldn't be too much of a difference :)

abz xx

Abz hun you are doing really well and I loved reading your 'diary'.

Keep positive thoughts in your head and you can definately do this!

Good luck sweetie!

xx

i've obviously scared everyone off, ha.

well this morning's unofficial weighin was one of 12lbs off, woo. my cdcs scales may say something different but i've been keeping an eye on mine. also of course cdc weighs me at night... so goodness knows how much water i'll be hefting around. if need be i'll alter my ticker back up *sigh* but wanted to see it go down for once :D there shouldn't be too much of a difference :)

abz xx

abz 12lbs woohoo that is brill. Well done i bet your delighted. As long as you stop drinking water say 1-2hrs before your weigh in you should be ok.

becky xx

hello, i've just read this thread through and im so pleased that i did!
i'm on day1 (again) today and you've given me th inspiration to carry on today instead of giving up again
so thanks very much and 12lbs is just brill well done to you! :D

ha. thanks emma *blushes* it does get really nasty but if you come on here and have a good moan and don't go anywhere near any food you can get through it!! i promise. keep up the good work :)

abz xx

i'll be on and off here all day today, cant keep away from food tho as i have 2x girlies to feed and an unsupportive other half but im gonna try harder today!!

i tend to inhale deeply. i think, well, if taste is mostly smell, then if i smell deep enough it will be like i've eaten it, ha. don't think that would work for everyone mind. but stay strong babes. it will pay off. and then you get to be all aloof :D

abz xx

Well Done Abz 12lb's is blummin marvelous!!!!

Nas x

well on my cdcs scales i have only lost 8, ha. so ticker duly updated. poop... i think mine are better. have bought myself the same model of scales as my cdc has and mine still weigh 3lbs lighter. i think it's her scales :)

abz xx

I didn't think about having a 'TOTM' with the implant (I don't bleed either) but it must be my TOTM cause I've been so moody! :p
I love the implant :D

8 is still a fantastic loss! It's about the same as I lost in 2 weeks on a healthy eating diet :D

I'm expecting about 8 too when I get weighed on Thursday morning :) wish me luck :p

good luck jenni :)

yeah. she also said it was weird that my water level hadn't dropped. i did point out that i was drinking four litres of water a day before i started and she said it might have something to do with that.

she also said to go ahead and have my hen night and the wedding. she said that if it was just the one meal and i went straight back on it it shouldn't take me too long to get back into ketosis. i explained i couldn't keep it low carb at the hen night but could try at the wedding and she said that the drinking would knock me out anyways, that you had to make the diet work for your life and that as long as i accepted that my weight would shoot up overnight and over those two weeks i might stay the same or gain then there were no worries. my body would get confused and i would have to deal with that too. but those are downsides i'm willing to go with for the sake of the hen night and wedding of somebody i have been best friends with since i was three years old. so yay. not fretting so much or feeling so guilty now. and it's actually made me more determined knowing that i'm going to come off it for that evening meal so i HAVE to stay on it until then, get back on it for a week, have another evening meal off, get back on it and then stay on it until september when i have my hols :D

abz xx

Back