Advice... Just did a workout and bones clicking

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Fatty_no_more, 11 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey guys
    Watched biggest loser and decided to dust off an old claire sweeny DVD and did 30 mins workout (first bit of exercise in about 6 years)
    Feel good but whilst I was doing it my hips felt and sounded like the balls in the sockets were moving about and weren't just clicking but were making a really loud noise and then my knees were clicking along with my elbows.
    When I did squats in my back/neck it sounded like gristle?

Any idea if this is "normal" as normal can be when u don't normally exercise? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    The clicking noise is gas escaping from air pockets between your joints.

I'd say listen to your body, if it hurts then stop, otherwise just keep an eye on it. It might just be because it's been a while since you last worked out.

4. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yea nothing hurts at all well..... My calves are killing me now but didnt hurt during the workout. Tomorrow I am going to walk Into town which is 5 miles there and back. Just want to try and start doing even 10 mins a day to try and boost the loss. X

5. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree, its probably your body getting used to moving around again, mine does the same when I do my Davina dvd, as long as you're not feeling pain or faint then keep going girl!! xxxxx

6. juju79

juju79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There is one exercise that always makes my hips click and has done for about 6 years, like everyone else has said if it doesn't hurt then everything should be fine, I've never had any bad effects from mine clicking, hopefully you will be the same :)

7. springergirl

springergirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/ Weight Watchers or anything that will work!
    I suffer from pains in my one knee so I used to (should really get back to it) alternate the days that I did certain things/ For example, walking one day, upper body the next, lower the day after that.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.