Advice... Just did a workout and bones clicking

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hey guys
Watched biggest loser and decided to dust off an old claire sweeny DVD and did 30 mins workout (first bit of exercise in about 6 years)
Feel good but whilst I was doing it my hips felt and sounded like the balls in the sockets were moving about and weren't just clicking but were making a really loud noise and then my knees were clicking along with my elbows.
When I did squats in my back/neck it sounded like gristle?

Any idea if this is "normal" as normal can be when u don't normally exercise? X

The clicking noise is gas escaping from air pockets between your joints.

I'd say listen to your body, if it hurts then stop, otherwise just keep an eye on it. It might just be because it's been a while since you last worked out.

Yea nothing hurts at all well..... My calves are killing me now but didnt hurt during the workout. Tomorrow I am going to walk Into town which is 5 miles there and back. Just want to try and start doing even 10 mins a day to try and boost the loss. X

I agree, its probably your body getting used to moving around again, mine does the same when I do my Davina dvd, as long as you're not feeling pain or faint then keep going girl!! xxxxx

There is one exercise that always makes my hips click and has done for about 6 years, like everyone else has said if it doesn't hurt then everything should be fine, I've never had any bad effects from mine clicking, hopefully you will be the same :)

I suffer from pains in my one knee so I used to (should really get back to it) alternate the days that I did certain things/ For example, walking one day, upper body the next, lower the day after that.

Back