1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on excercise please :-)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by vickihutchison, 13 June 2014 Social URL.

1. vickihutchison

vickihutchison Well-Known Member

Hey :)
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for me, I need to start exercising but in the past I've always got really bad headaches when excerpting myself. I went to the doctors who told me I have high blood pressure and that this will reduce as I lose weight :-/ but I can't exercise without getting the headaches. He doesn't want to put me on medication as he says I'm too young, I just can't see a way out of this circle. I have about 5 stone to lose and know I need to exercise for best results xxx

Vicki :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. vickihutchison

4. Bonkers

Bonkers Well-Known Member

Hi Vicki

As you said "... For best results ..."

From everything I have learnt - Weight loss is all about what you eat (at least initially). Exercise plays a small role and will not be of any help if your food isn't in control.

Why don't you hold off on the exercise front for maybe a stone or so? Maybe that will help with the BP sufficient to begin a workout program?

p.s. Were you referring to cardio in you post? Have you tried strength training?

5. vickihutchison