Advice on excercise please :-)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by vickihutchison, 13 June 2014 Social URL.

1. vickihutchison

vickihutchison Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.86%)
    Diet:
    SW at home
    Hey :)
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for me, I need to start exercising but in the past I've always got really bad headaches when excerpting myself. I went to the doctors who told me I have high blood pressure and that this will reduce as I lose weight :-/ but I can't exercise without getting the headaches. He doesn't want to put me on medication as he says I'm too young, I just can't see a way out of this circle. I have about 5 stone to lose and know I need to exercise for best results xxx

Vicki :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vickihutchison

vickihutchison Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.86%)
    Diet:
    SW at home
  4. Bonkers

Bonkers Gold Member

Start Weight:
    119.3kg
    Current Weight:
    68.2kg
    Goal Weight:
    76.8kg
    Lost(%):
    8st0.6lb(42.81%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi Vicki

As you said "... For best results ..."

From everything I have learnt - Weight loss is all about what you eat (at least initially). Exercise plays a small role and will not be of any help if your food isn't in control.

Why don't you hold off on the exercise front for maybe a stone or so? Maybe that will help with the BP sufficient to begin a workout program?

p.s. Were you referring to cardio in you post? Have you tried strength training?

5. vickihutchison

vickihutchison Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.86%)
    Diet:
    SW at home
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.