Extra Easy advice please . . . re. giving up!

It def sounds like you aren't having enough to me as well. I don't do aerobic exercise, but do loads of walking and find I lose weight well if I eat well. To fuel me I am eating a LOT of healthy food. I Have a nice average dinner plate for lunch and dinner. I tend to have salad or veg with either rice or jacket potato, and some kind of meat. Breakfast I tend to go for yoghurt and fruit or sometimes will have a cooked brekkie too.

A lot of people find they lose better for eating more. I am not sure how much you have to lose either, as I know everyone is different and has different amounts to lose and may not need as much as another. I Hope you have a better week, and maybe try fresh meat, salad and jacket potato etc especially at dinner as it will fuel your body better xx

It def sounds like you aren't having enough to me as well. I don't do aerobic exercise, but do loads of walking and find I lose weight well if I eat well. To fuel me I am eating a LOT of healthy food. I Have a nice average dinner plate for lunch and dinner. I tend to have salad or veg with either rice or jacket potato, and some kind of meat. Breakfast I tend to go for yoghurt and fruit or sometimes will have a cooked brekkie too.

A lot of people find they lose better for eating more. I am not sure how much you have to lose either, as I know everyone is different and has different amounts to lose and may not need as much as another. I Hope you have a better week, and maybe try fresh meat, salad and jacket potato etc especially at dinner as it will fuel your body better xx

Definitely - weeks that I haven't eaten as much or very little ( not that often lol ) I dont lose at all or lose as much x

Thanks everyone for all your help. Another week has passed and i am the same lol. My diet daily is usually two oatibix with semi s milk. Couscous by ainsley and salad and babybel for lunch. A Morrisons vegetable curry pot for 4sins for dinner and muller light and fruit for snacks. Plus lots of water. I then do two hours of classes and exercise a night. . . . Help!

Hi

If your working hard for two hours you need to up your intake as you may be making yourself go into starvation mode. Your def not getting enough protein imo. Even if you have a banana about an hour before you exercise it will help. It can also help to eat within 30mins after training, I love a bit of bulgar with some natural yogurt and fruit. Bulgar replaces my carbs and yogurt helps repair muscles.

You loose about 500ml of water every 30mins you exercise, so you need to be drinking to replace this as well as your usual intake

Have a good scour around the internet for ideas on eating whilst training and then tweak them to fit sw. It might even be worth talking to your gym as they will give you advice on eating.

You can still loose weight and exercise, you just need to tweak your diet.

Hey,
Dont give up the same thing happened to me in January, i started spinning classes, back to my zumba and power walking and gained or sts for a month
I was devestated and told my bf i was going to quit, he spoke to his personal trainer and he said it be water retention, to up my fluids and eat some more fruit and veg even a banana before working out sure enough i began to lose again before i had to leave and rejoin arghh!
Dont give up!!

Thanks everyone. In relation to not eating enough i am always full. I always eat lots of fruit etc in the day which fills me up. in relation to dinner its awkward as i finish work at six and my classes start at half six. I usually either have something small or nothing at all as i don't get back from gym till late and don't like eating a lot before bed. Lunch is at twelve and i don't feel hungry and still full of energy x

The Punisher said:
In my opinion (there are more experienced SW's on here who may think differently) you're not eating enough. That's nowhere near enough food for me and I'm NOT doing 2 hours of exercise a day! Can you post a few days worth of menus so that we can take a look and make sure you're getting enough superfree - and variety of course!

This might be true.... I hardly ate last week (because I was v Ill) no hex, syns just basic SW two meals to force myself to eat but I stayed the same since starting! I useuslly have v good loses.

Figured I just hadn't eaten enough

Good thread. I was wondering the same thing. I exercise daily (walking, cycling on exercise bike, wii fit and wii zumba - but not all in the same day ;)) and was wondering if I had to up my food intake. I guess time will tell. I did have a few weeks of no loss (when I was watching what I ate, not doing SW) but I AM losing inches so I guess the scales catch up eventually. I did some research on the old ''muscle weighs more than fat myth". It's true that 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh the same but fat takes up more room in your body than muscle. Muscle is leaner so you do look physically different as you lose inches. If you are losing inches you are burning fat.

Don't give up exercising!! It's the best thing for you! If you watch biggest loser - they aren't thin and they still exercise , you will see the difference in no time so don't worry about not losing anything just yet - you are in the first few weeks of exercising and your body needs to get used to it :) xxx

My consultant touched on this last week as someone had done excersise and only lost half pound. She said the thing is with excersise is you have to keep doing it continuously so if you start going to the gym twice a week, you might not see a difference on the scales for a couple of weeks but you will eventually if u keep sticking to it

Back