Advice please

mummytummy

Silver Member
My two little ones and now my husband are all on amoxicillin (sp?) for chest infections. I have woken this morning on day 2 of exante and I can feel and have the same beginning symptoms, so I think I will be making a trip to the docs by tomorrow.

So my question, can/would you do exante whilst on medication for a chest infection.....is it ok/advisable?

Cheers! x

email exante and ask them for a defo answer. i would personaly keep doing exante unless you need to have food before have the antibiotics then it wouldnt be possible. hope you all get better soon :)

I don't know the answer to that one but I would definitely mention the diet to your GP. It might be worth moving up to WS for a few days if necessary.

Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Hi MummyTummy

I agree with the others, mention it to your doc when you go, just to be on the safe side

Last Thursday I got really bad tonsilitis, and was given two weeks worth of amoxicillin. I mentioned the diet to my doc, and he said it was fine, as the tablets had to be taken on an empty tummy anyway.

I've been OK, but to tell you truth, I dont think I could have eaten if I wanted to, my throat was so swollen and sore. One downside is that the tablets give you bad breath, and coupled with the dog breath I already have I'm walking around with my hand over my mouth constantly, trying to avoid talking to anyone! ha ha!

I really hope you feel better soon, its awful when you get these things

Nic xx

As you're only on day 2, you're unlikely to be in ketosis yet anyway; so you may be better to go back to food for a few days while you get over the infection, rather than add the 'move to ketosis headaches' into the equation with feeling rotten anyway. And then restart Exante once you're feeling properly better.

It really depends on how ur feeling. When i done exante earlier in the year i had tonsilitis and an ear infection just a week into the diet and was advised to come off the diet til the antibiotics were done. Rather than doing that i just switched to working source til i felt better

Well I took some co-codamol a few hours ago, as I haven't been to docs yet but needed something because my head was banging (def not ketosis!) and good god did it half almost knock me out!!!
I'll see how I feel later and tomorrow and if I need to see a dr like the rest of my family, because I just don't feel well at all now....what a bummer!!! I was geared up and all : (.
Thanks for the reply's all x

Back