Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice please :)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Foo Fan, 24 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Hi guys,

Just wanted a little advice.. I'm 5lb away from my goal, however I'm not really happy with my body - I'm prob gonna try and lose an additional 7lb after my goal weight.

I have been a bit lazy with the gym the past couple of weeks but I do have a program set by an instructor at my gym:-

10min bike
    15min cross trainer
    15min treadmill - incline 9
    6 different weight machines - 3 sets of 15 reps on each.
    Sit ups and reverse sit ups - 3 x 15
    10 mins cross trainer

Anyway I'm going to a wedding at the end of may and I'd like to look by best - has anyone got any advice on what I should be doing at the gym etc to tone up (esp arms and tummy)

Do you think it's worth getting a personal trainer for a couple of weeks?

How many times a week should I go to the gym?

Any info would be grate x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Diet:
    SW (at home)
    I've had a personal trainer but for me it just wasn't worth it (I did used to be fit and slim btw - I am not talking about me in my current state!). I would invest in some things you can do at home first. It depends on how motivated you are really - if you want someone to make you do it then it could well be worth it in the short-term. Mine injured me and ruined a two week holiday so my opinion is perhaps a little tainted by that!

I would aim to go to the gym and do the routine as above every other day/three times a week. In addition to that I would try and do some other exercise each day - an exercise class, a brisk walk, swimming etc.

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    idd add some exercise classes in that routine.... something highly energetic and fun!

5. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    My gym doesn't have any classes :( but I'm gonna have a look around.

6. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Thanks for the advice I think I will go to the gym one day then swimming the following etc until I can find a class x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.