Advice please :)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Foo Fan, 24 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Hi guys,

Just wanted a little advice.. I'm 5lb away from my goal, however I'm not really happy with my body - I'm prob gonna try and lose an additional 7lb after my goal weight.

I have been a bit lazy with the gym the past couple of weeks but I do have a program set by an instructor at my gym:-

10min bike
    15min cross trainer
    15min treadmill - incline 9
    6 different weight machines - 3 sets of 15 reps on each.
    Sit ups and reverse sit ups - 3 x 15
    10 mins cross trainer

Anyway I'm going to a wedding at the end of may and I'd like to look by best - has anyone got any advice on what I should be doing at the gym etc to tone up (esp arms and tummy)

Do you think it's worth getting a personal trainer for a couple of weeks?

How many times a week should I go to the gym?

Any info would be grate x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Diet:
    SW (at home)
    I've had a personal trainer but for me it just wasn't worth it (I did used to be fit and slim btw - I am not talking about me in my current state!). I would invest in some things you can do at home first. It depends on how motivated you are really - if you want someone to make you do it then it could well be worth it in the short-term. Mine injured me and ruined a two week holiday so my opinion is perhaps a little tainted by that!

I would aim to go to the gym and do the routine as above every other day/three times a week. In addition to that I would try and do some other exercise each day - an exercise class, a brisk walk, swimming etc.

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    idd add some exercise classes in that routine.... something highly energetic and fun!

5. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    My gym doesn't have any classes :( but I'm gonna have a look around.

6. Foo Fan

Foo Fan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Thanks for the advice I think I will go to the gym one day then swimming the following etc until I can find a class x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.