Aimee and Bear's Atkins Diary

Sounds like you are both doing well. I take potassium as I get the restless legs thing - horrible it is! Don't worry about the exercise for a couple of weeks till you feel a lot better, and there is nothing better than walking for starting you off :)

Welcome Bear :)

Welcome Bear good to see you here. My DH both sceptical but delighted with atkins - amazing how well it works for him;)

Keep going both and agree dont worry about exercise for first two weeks - once the enegy kicks in nothing will be able to stop you;)
Xx

Last edited:
Nice to see a guy posting, welcome mate ;)

I think we'll probably both start going for walks very soon, take advantage of the decent weather. Luckily we live near a lot of nice parts of the world, so I foresee quite a few trips up the north wales coast (might leave the mountains for now!), also the wirral and maybe even the peak district. Plus cheshire's a nice flat county to get us started ;)

Thanks Jim, Thanks everyone!

Looking at your results you've achieved incredible things, very impressed and inspired.

I, in honesty, have been an idiot. I've always been a big guy, always been fat, never really done anything about it. My mother died through Diabetes, and I was diagnosed with it about four years later. I kinda lived in denial about it, took the typical man approach - I don't feel ill, so I can't be ill. More fool me. I was sick of struggling to find cheap fashionable clothes, spending thirty pounds plus for 'plus sized jeans' and T shirts. I lived a vicious circle, I was depressed about my size and so I ate to comfort myself. I lived a very poor diet life, sweets, crisps, cakes, 'convenience foods', treats and takeaways. I took the approach of "you're hungry - it's food - eat up" I never ate breakfast then snacked on rubbish. Again - more fool me.

And then in essence I sobered up after a talk with Aimee. I realised I was destroying myself and our future - I was an addict - to carbs and sugars. And it had to change. Aimee suggested Atkins as she was going on it, and had success with it in the past. I decided I should give it a go. And you know what? I'm glad I did. I decided not to weigh myself, I already knew I was probably close to 322lbs or 23 stone. I decided not to weigh myself because I didn't want to become obsessed with it. I figured I'd see results in time.

I have started to take more care about what I eat - and have been frankly horrified at the amount of sugars added into foods - even 'healthy' ones.

I have been on the diet for seven days now, and am very pleased to say I have ZERO cravings for sugar or junk. I was at a friends Saturday night, where they were having sweets, cakes, crisps, chocolate fingers - all stuff I would have at one time killed for - and I wasn't interested in having any. I can only assume this diet is working well for me, as does the support of my diet buddy, and amazing lady, Aimee. Now I have you guys for support too - thanks so much everyone. I can only hope to make myself, Aimee and you guys and girls proud.

So the diet continues.... and good health awaits, for us all!

Bring. It. On!

Superb post, absolutely great, well done

So inspiring to hear your story Bear, thanks so much for sharing it with us :D

Susie

PS - my original start weight was 322. I'm not going to say "Race you" because men lose faster on Atkins than women - but see you in the 200s! :D

Day 7
Bear and I weren't together today, so this is just my food for today:
Breakfast: a few rashers of bacon (didn't feel like anything else)
Lunch: Cheese and sour cream omelette
Dinner: Chicken, bacon and avocado salad with dill and lemon mayo
Water: At least 4 ltrs
Exercise: 2 mile walk
Alcohol: none
Went out for dinner with the girls tonight and chose a salad but it came with an 'illegal' dressing, so asked them to swap that with some nice mayo from a different salad.
Was a nice evening, though missed a glass of wine (or 4, lol!) :party0036:
Determined not to drink for at least the first 4 weeks however :innocent0002:.
Slept well last night, with no falling dreams or kicky legs, so feeling a lot better today- more energised and no more headaches. Walked home this evening, so managed to get a 2 mile walk in too! :D

flymypretty said:
Day 7
Bear and I weren't together today, so this is just my food for today:
Breakfast: a few rashers of bacon (didn't feel like anything else)
Lunch: Cheese and sour cream omelette
Dinner: Chicken, bacon and avocado salad with dill and lemon mayo
Water: At least 4 ltrs
Exercise: 2 mile walk
Alcohol: none
Went out for dinner with the girls tonight and chose a salad but it came with an 'illegal' dressing, so asked them to swap that with some nice mayo from a different salad.
Was a nice evening, though missed a glass of wine (or 4, lol!) :party0036:
Determined not to drink for at least the first 4 weeks however :innocent0002:.
Slept well last night, with no falling dreams or kicky legs, so feeling a lot better today- more energised and no more headaches. Walked home this evening, so managed to get a 2 mile walk in too! :D

Brilliant day! And great self control! Well done! :)

Bear Henry said:
Thanks Jim, Thanks everyone!

Looking at your results you've achieved incredible things, very impressed and inspired.

I, in honesty, have been an idiot. I've always been a big guy, always been fat, never really done anything about it. My mother died through Diabetes, and I was diagnosed with it about four years later. I kinda lived in denial about it, took the typical man approach - I don't feel ill, so I can't be ill. More fool me. I was sick of struggling to find cheap fashionable clothes, spending thirty pounds plus for 'plus sized jeans' and T shirts. I lived a vicious circle, I was depressed about my size and so I ate to comfort myself. I lived a very poor diet life, sweets, crisps, cakes, 'convenience foods', treats and takeaways. I took the approach of "you're hungry - it's food - eat up" I never ate breakfast then snacked on rubbish. Again - more fool me.

And then in essence I sobered up after a talk with Aimee. I realised I was destroying myself and our future - I was an addict - to carbs and sugars. And it had to change. Aimee suggested Atkins as she was going on it, and had success with it in the past. I decided I should give it a go. And you know what? I'm glad I did. I decided not to weigh myself, I already knew I was probably close to 322lbs or 23 stone. I decided not to weigh myself because I didn't want to become obsessed with it. I figured I'd see results in time.

I have started to take more care about what I eat - and have been frankly horrified at the amount of sugars added into foods - even 'healthy' ones.

I have been on the diet for seven days now, and am very pleased to say I have ZERO cravings for sugar or junk. I was at a friends Saturday night, where they were having sweets, cakes, crisps, chocolate fingers - all stuff I would have at one time killed for - and I wasn't interested in having any. I can only assume this diet is working well for me, as does the support of my diet buddy, and amazing lady, Aimee. Now I have you guys for support too - thanks so much everyone. I can only hope to make myself, Aimee and you guys and girls proud.

So the diet continues.... and good health awaits, for us all!

Bring. It. On!

Very inspiring post Henry! And it's great to have you on here! Onwards and downwards! :)

Morning Guys :)

Morning - sounds like a great day yesterday Aimee, well done for the no drinking resolve - you will really notice the difference :D

:wavey:Morning Jim, Di and Susie
Yeah really wanting to do the induction stage as 'to the letter' as possible. I think the only times I may slip up would be eating a bit too much dairy (I luuuuurve da cheese) or fizzy diet drinks with aspartame (which the majority seem to have). Trying my best not too, but I reckon they would be the places I'd go wrong if I do... in fact I really fancy a huge cup of draught (tastes better than cans or bottles) diet pepsi right now:party0027:
Luckily I'd have to go out of my way to get one. I'm guessing that's a caffeine craving as I'm feeling a little washed out today, though I slept well again last night. Any tips I what I can do to bring my energy levels up?

Morning both:). Keep up the great work!

Inspiring post yesterday bear - go for it;)

Ps water, water, water for flushing the carbs thro and energy!

Afternoon everyone - thanks as ever for your support and kind comments!

Not seen Aimee today (booooo!:cry:) so just my diet info for now. My breakfast was a plain omlette - couldn't face bacon today for some reason, a tuna salad for lunch with a couple of babybel for snacks and tea will be diced pork with butter fried mushrooms served with fresh cauliflower. Still feeling great, and still not wanting or craving sweets - hope I can continue feeling that way!

Thanks everyone for your kind responses, should name and shame myself more often!

Have a great day everyone :D

Good menu there Bear. A little grated cheese in an omelette has it take on an entirely different flavour when you can't face bacon.
Well done both of you, you're doing well :D

Agree with Lisa! and it's great to have you on here Henry! :)

Back