Aimee and Bear's Atkins Diary

Day 8 (Aimee's menu)
Breakfast: completely not hungry, but managed a few rashers of bacon
Lunch: feeling a bit more like eating, so did a big omelette with cheese and a dollop of sour cream
Dinner: Pan-fried fillets of mahi-mahi (potentially the most delicious fish I've ever tasted) with a light salsa
snack: 2 babybel
Water: 3-4 ltrs
exercise: none
Felt so washed out all day :( also craved caffeine a lot this morning, which did subside as the day went on. One thing I seem to be craving all the time however is dairy. Think I could be overdoing it but I'm not sure. Trying to stay within 'the law'.
Feeling a bit rubbish again today :raincloud:

You both sound like that's a great day's menu - welcome to the world of great eating :D

And Aimee the yuck feeling will pass, hun, it's just your body flushing out the carbs and getting used to not operating on a flase high with caffeine, etc! I always think that these severe symptoms we all get when reducing carbs shows how bad they can be in big doses.

Keep it up, you two, you are doing great :D

Agree that the caffiene withdrawal probably made my carb withdrawal worse.....but overall worth it:)

Morning both, I hope you are out or coming out of the Atkins flu stage now, I had horrible caffeine withdrawal symptoms as well, now if I have a normal coffee instead of decaf it makes my heart race.

Morning Jim!
Think Bear's flu has subsided but then his started a day or two earlier than mine so I'm still feeling a bit wiped out. I can definitely feel myself getting better though :)
Glad to be getting out of the evil clutches of caffeine however- hate feeling reliant on anything.
Once again, thanks for your support xx

Day 9
Hmmm.... not a good start to the day for me food-wise. Woke a little hungry but only fancying bacon, so had a few rashers with a cup of de-caff.
By 2pm, still not hungry one little bit :( Decided I really had to eat, so had some more bacon. Crap I know, but completely not feeling like anything.
Supposed to be trying out cheeseburger pie later with the bear...hoping I'm hungry by then. I know I need to be eating more carbs, so will try and get some salad down me too. Just completely not hungry to the point that some normally foody smells are turning my stomach. Very odd.
Exercise...well need to pop to Tesco later, does that count?:eek:
Water: gallons!
Alcohol: zilch

Yep Leanne is spot on, it happens to us all - just try and nibble on something, drink lots of water and tomorrow you'll be right as rain.

It happens the other way too - some days I get completely ravenous!

So Cheeseburger pie Friday night was luverly :heartpump:
Saturday:
Breakfast: had to pack the bear some boiled eggs as got up late and didn't have time for breakfast before he had to go to work. I had bacon and egg a bit later.
Lunch: Salad with crispy bacon bits and chicken legs (for him). I just nibbled some pork scratchings as still feeling full from breakfast.
Dinner: Steak with big salad
Snacks: Pork scratchings and cheesestrings

Water: loads
Alcohol: none
Exercise: evening strill around local park and pond

Ketostix arrived from eBay and can confirm we are both in ketosis, though he more so than me according to the colour chart :greenapple:

Oh Aimee, you come from near my namesake town :)

LOL

Try Frodsham

Morning :)

Day 13
B: pepperoni and red pepper omelette
L: Mattesons smoked sausage
D: Chicken wrapped in bacon and cheese with big salad

W: about 2ltrs
A: none
E: long walk in the sand dunes and paddle in the sea at Talacre

Weighed myself and have to report that I've lost exactly zero, zilch, nada, big fat nothing:sign0163:
Can only assume either because it's second time around and not working so well as they say it doesn't OR it's because my period was due a few days after I re-started the diet and still hasn't arrived:argh: This whole thing has sent my hormones completely west! ...and no, I'm not pregnant :silly:
Bit disappointed (about weight not pregnancy!) as been on it for over a week now and would have hoped for some sort of loss on the scales...however my clothes feel looser and I feel slimmer....so...go figure! :lost:
Bear weighed himself after I nagged him a bit so hopefully he'll see the difference in black 'n' white in 2 weeks time when we weigh again. He's already close to dropping a clothes size and even though I see him everyday, I can tell he's losing from how he looks:happy096:
Think I'm gonna concentrate on my measurements for now as the scales are just depressing and confusing... and pray that the period fairy pays me a visit soon! Sorry, TMI? :ashamed0005:

Back