Alcohol and the Life After

Foxtrot

Is back in the saddle!
Before I was a huge red wine drinker, kidding myself that the red was better than the white. Which it is, in moderation!!

I've been in absinence for so long that I'm going to try to not slip into the bad habits of before. I really don't need to match OH glass for glass and wine will keep over night in the bottle!!

I have also learned to be the driver more often. especially as I have a new car (;)) and not become grumpy because he always drives there and I always drive back.

Will half a small glass (white preferably) topped up with soda water be too harmful? I'm meaning here for those special meals and not every one!!

LOL - great questions FT, and it's the reintroduction of alcohol that has me most 'spooked'.

I also drank pretty much every night pre LL (not vast amounts, but regular), and don't want to not be able to drink as it's a social activity as well as being enjoyable. I can't see that the odd glass or two (or even the occasional night-out) is going to do any harm.

Nutrition per 100g Serving - Dry White Wine
Total Calories 66
Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 0%
Saturated Fat 0
Sodium 0 0%
Carbohydrates 1 0%
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugar 0
Protein 0 0%

So a 120/125ml glass isn't too harmful on it's own, or even 2. The problem is what it leads to, as I know keeping to one glass is VERY hard then the alcohol also leads to attacks of the munchies!!!

Interested n other opinions

I'm on CD, not LL but wondered about this too. I haven't missed drinking anywhere near as much as I thought I would.

I was verging on having a problem and didn't feel confident without a drink and CD has helped with that.

I never get munchies after drinking, if anything it makes my appetite disappear, but I do get them the next day.

Ah yes, the dread munchies!

Mind you in this house you'd now struggle to find anything munchieable unless it's fruit or veg. :rolleyes: If I don't buy it, it's not there!! :D

Yes I guess OH has had to suffer a little too, but then his waistline leave a lot to be desired :p.

I had a small half glass last night with lots of soda and it still went to my head!! :eek: Good luck with yours this week Sean.

Hi,

I used to drink a lot both lager and red wine, and I thought this would be my downfall. But like dropping milk from beverages, I've found it hasn't bothered me, I only drink when its an "occasion" now. My danger time with the munchies is usually breakfast the day after.....

Back