Alex gets Christmas number one 08..

Kitteh

Resident geek
Gutted.. Why all these people are texting radio one saying she deserves it ive no idea.. she deserves it no more than anyone else in the chart *cough Jeff Buckley*..

x x

She deserves it? Does she hell.... shes only got it because that damn programme gets it every year. Its down to timing more than talent.

Wonder if she understood 'Youre no 1' Every interview Ive seen so far she seems to have trouble grasping things shes being told. The one on ITV on Monday where she was told she had broken the record for the biggest downloaded single was excruciating.

LOL.. exactly.. shes done nothing but sing a song.. or a number of songs that shes been told to sing.. shes done nothing.. its just another manufactored singer out there who will never play their own instruments or write their own songs.. fantastic.. *raised eyebrow*.

x x

i have to agree with you gals, although she is a fantastic singer her emotional outbursts really grate on me. Timing is def more to do with her being no 1 than anything else and the fact x million people watch the show and half of them will prob buy it....

As much as i love Geoff Buckleys version, its a cover too matey - it was written by Leonard Cohen xx

I have to say that the clip I saw of Jeff Buckley singing it was absolutely terrible, he looked like he was on drugs and sounded like it too. I do think that Alexandra has a great voice and I absolutely love the X Factor but I think the final should be between christmas and new year so they DON'T get the christmas number one. I agree that the X Factor has killed the christmas number one battle, there's no contest any more they get it every year, whoever wins and whatever they sing

i have to agree with you gals, although she is a fantastic singer her emotional outbursts really grate on me. Timing is def more to do with her being no 1 than anything else and the fact x million people watch the show and half of them will prob buy it....

As much as i love Geoff Buckleys version, its a cover too matey - it was written by Leonard Cohen xx

Trust me.. as a music person.. i DO deff know that it was written by Wor Cohen.. i have his vinyl.. lol.. Cohen once said.. that he was made to write it, and buckley was made to sing it..

Its quite emotional when you hear how he (Cohen) talks about how he wrote it..

so yeah.. i know that it isnt written by Buckley..

x x x

She's number 1 because the public have spoken. Don't hate her though, hate Simon Cowell - he has RUINED Christmas number 1 :(

That girl really is one light short of a Xmas tree, every time I hear her being interviewed I just cringe!!!

I think Alex is talented, beautiful and is a deserving winner, compared to those in the last 3 line-up. I'm just sad she went about getting a record deal by going on X Factor - each to their own though. She's never come across as 'off her trolley' in my opinion. I've seen much much worse. Alex comes across to me as someone who is genuinely excited about the year ahead. If she came across calm, cool and collected I suspect the same detractors would be saying she was a arrogant, unhumble and 'full of it' - my humble opinion of course.

I don't understand where your dislike of her comes from .... :confused:

I dont particularly dislike her, dont really care enough about her to have a strong opinion either way but my observations have come from hearing her being interviewed, I just think she sounds not the brightest person. She had to be told about 4 times on ITV about her song being the biggest downloaded single, she just didnt understand what she was being told and ended up rather glakitly looking off camera for someone to explain.

She was interviewed on the radio the other day about TOTP and again came over - hmmm not very well, shall we say. Ive just yet to hear her conduct an intelligent sounding interview.

And I still think that reaction on the Final night was embarassing, I wonder how she feels seeing it on the video all the time.

But thats just my opinion and it would be boring if we all liked the same people - just dont get me started on Leona Lewis :rotflmao:

i don't dislike her but I thought that when she was announced the winner i kinda felt embarrased for her, dropping to the floor etc i think this clip will be on out take shows for many years to come- even better if they fast forwarded her dropping bit :)

I dislike her.. clearly she wasnt good enough to go the proper way about getting a contract herself.. i hate x factor.. this is a pure example of why.. can sing.. millions of people all over the world can sing well.. she cant play any instruments.. she has her music chosen for her.. shes told and taught how to sing the music.. shes destroyed a great song.. she sounds terrible in interviews.. especially that radio 1 one on the charts..
I hate it cos a load of charvas have now come out and said.. "aaw.. but Jeff Buckleys version is depressing.." No ****... its meant to be depressing you bunch of uneducated... yeah.. you cant rightfully talk/sing about Samson getting his hair cut off and it NOT be depressing.. it isnt a fun happy occasion.. it talks about misery.. which i just find so funny/annoying that Alex has managed to take ALL that emotion away.. IMO.. :)

I think Alex is talented, beautiful and is a deserving winner, compared to those in the last 3 line-up. I'm just sad she went about getting a record deal by going on X Factor - each to their own though. She's never come across as 'off her trolley' in my opinion. I've seen much much worse. Alex comes across to me as someone who is genuinely excited about the year ahead. If she came across calm, cool and collected I suspect the same detractors would be saying she was a arrogant, unhumble and 'full of it' - my humble opinion of course.

I agree to all of the above...give the gal a break. She is FANTASTIC and if her only way to make it was through XFactor then good on her. She is beautiful and talented and I think she has a fab career ahead of her.

I dont get why someone "deserves" to win something in which they are told what to do and say, and how to sing.. and what to sing.. shes a puppet.. not a person.. IMO :D

I have to admit I have NO problem at all with people getting any success through the X Factor, I have a friend whos in the music industry and I know how impossible it is to get any doors open to you. I think theres a definite market for shows like this to give people who wouldnt usually have a snowballs chance of getting anywhere.

Im sure she will be successful, to what degree remains to be seen. But I wont change my opinion on her intellect.

I dont get why someone "deserves" to win something in which they are told what to do and say, and how to sing.. and what to sing.. shes a puppet.. not a person.. IMO :D

'not a person'...very odd comment. So what if the songs she sang were given her to sing. That is what X Factor is all about. She doesn't claim to be a song writer or to have made it on her own, rather she entered a competition and won because she has an outstanding talent as a 'singer'. It may not be your cup of tea and that is fine, but obviously lots of people enjoy her version of the song. Me for one. I don't care that she didn't write it.....couldn't give a to*s tbh.

Re her intellect. I have only seen her in a couple of interviews and have not seen anything to make me have strong views either way. I wouldn't want to judge someone on a couple of interviews.

Back