Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Tip for you, Alex, no matter how low fat the mince is, it won't need oil to cook it in, it still has enough of its own fat to cook in if you know what I mean. Just heat the pot and tip it in. If you find it does stick, put a tiny bit of water in. Even lower fat!

KB x

Thanks KB - this recipe asks you to fry the onions first for 5 minutes, and then the spices, garclic and peppers before adding the mince.
I was kinda worried that it would all start burning and sticking (especially the spices) without the oil, but I suppose I could've tried fry-light, or a bit of water as you suggested.

I think I'll give it a go next time - I'll feel more confident playing about with the recipe now I've done it once!
It was really nice by the way :D

Today has been spent mostly feeling sorry for myself :cry:. I went out last night and gave in to the lager, as well as vodka and god knows what else, and now I'm paying for it :(

This was yesterday's food:

Porridge
2 Ryvita with Philadelphia Light
Half a cereal bar
A few grapes
Stir fry - this was a bit of a disaster as I realised after frying the vegetables that I'd run out of noodles. So basically I had a bowl of chow mein flavoured vegetables. Not the best meal ever, but very low fat :D

Then I went out and got drunk, and when I got home I decided it was a good idea to eat a whole portion of leftover chilli straight from the fridge :confused: Hmmnnn.

Today, I've just had this:
Beans on toast
A few grapes
WW white chocolate magnum lolly
and I'm about to have a Tesco low-fat lasagne with a jacket potato.

Despite all this, the Wii Fit is showing a loss of 2lbs! Trying not to get too excited though - I might just be lighter because I'm dehydrated, but if it is a 'real' weight loss, it means I've lost a stone now:)

Ugh I hate hangovers :(

hey alex!

hope u have recovered from the weekend :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Katie,
I'm fully recovered now, thank God! But it did take a couple of days! :eek:
I never used to get two day hangovers - must be getting old! :cry:
Hope you're having a good week xxx

me either! when i go out im still coming back doen to the real world on tues lol!

xxxxxxxxx

You sound like me lol x

It's horrible isn't it? I never used to be like this. When I was younger, I could go out two or three nights in a row, and still be fine. Now it takes me two days to recover from just one night out!

Anyway, this is my food diary for the past couple of days, starting with Monday:
Porridge
Small jacket spud with leftover Chilli
Homemade mushroom risotto (ww recipe)
WW chocolate mini stick lolly

Felt really chuffed with myself because I had a friend round for dinner, and resisted the chocolate desert she bought with her (she wasn't offended - I did warn her beforehand!) I did stick my finger in the chocolate, just to taste it, but I don't think that counts!

Tuesday, I ate:
Porridge
Heinz tomoto soup
1 slice tesco grainy bread
1 tesco chocolate eclair :eek: (someone bought cakes in for their birthday, and I decided to treat myself)
Dinner was a bit strange - I worked late, so didn't fancy cooking when I got home. Instead, I had a Ryvita, some rye bread, Philadelphia light, and half a Tuna Light Lunch thing (I did say it was strange! :p)
After that, I had a hot chocolate with Baileys in it, and a Curly Wurly.

Probably had a bit more than I should've had yesterday, but it wasn't out of control.

Anyway, it was weigh-in day at work, and I lost 3 and a half pounds :) :D :) That takes me to 1st 1lb since the New Year!! :party0019: Not updating my ticker yet because I'm waiting to be weighed offically at the doctors next week, and those scales are different than mine so it might not be quite as good.

Last edited:
Thanks KB...so far so good. I'm not gonna try losing weight for two weeks running! I seem to be losing then gaining repeatedly at the moment, so two losses would be a novelty :)

I've also decided to give something up for lent (not that I'm especially religious, I just fancied a challenge)
It's gonna be hard...but...I've given up weighing myself daily!! :eek: :eek: From now until Easter I shall only weigh myself on the official weigh in day, which is Wednesday, and that means no sneaking on the Wii Fit scales in between!
The only exception is the nurse's scales, which is normally a Wednesday anyway.

Or at least that's the plan....

ooooh nice idea! i dunno if i can do it tho lol!

well done on the 3lbs hun! you are doing great! I am the same i usually loose one week and gain the next1 it drives me potty lol!

hope u r well chick!

xxxxxxx

Alex, what a great idea, I'll go with that, no sneaky weighing until weigh day which is a Friday. Although I did weigh myself this morning before I read this. There's nothing left to give up really as all the sweets/buns/cakes are off limits anyway. There's always alcohol but I think I might throw myself under a bus after about 2 days out of sheer desperation if I gave that up, it's the only sin left to me!

KB x

Alex, what a great idea, I'll go with that, no sneaky weighing until weigh day which is a Friday. Although I did weigh myself this morning before I read this. There's nothing left to give up really as all the sweets/buns/cakes are off limits anyway. There's always alcohol but I think I might throw myself under a bus after about 2 days out of sheer desperation if I gave that up, it's the only sin left to me!

KB x

:giggle: ditto lol

xxxxxx

There's nothing left to give up really as all the sweets/buns/cakes are off limits anyway. There's always alcohol but I think I might throw myself under a bus after about 2 days out of sheer desperation if I gave that up, it's the only sin left to me!

And me! :D

Yesterday was another pretty good day :) I'm feeling quite motivated by my 3.5lbs loss, and I'm now trying to lose as much as I can before the big weigh-in next week at the docs. I haven't exactly been saintly since I last went, so there's a bit of work to do if I'm gonna convince them that I'm not just fannying around on the tablets!

Here's my food diary for yesterday:
Porridge
Birds Eye chilli and potato wedges (only 265 cals :))
An apple
Alpen Light bar
Home made spag bol from the freezer (not v nice, but I've had the last portion now :))
WW chocolate brownie ice cream thingy (OMG how nice are these?? this was my first, and I'm hooked)

And I also did about half an hour on the Sports Active thing on the Wii, burning about 240cals. It's the first exercise I've done since I went to Japan so I can hardly walk today! :eek:

And I've resisted the urge to weigh myself!! :D So far so good (but it's only been a day!)

Still doing OK - I went on the Wii again last night, and got rid of another 200 calories :) Not a lot, I know, but I worked up a sweat and kind of enjoyed it....almost.

This is yesterday's food:

Porridge
Heinz tomoto soup with a slice of grainy bread
Alpen Light bar
Apple
Satsuma
Jacket spud with tuna mayo (light) and the other half of that John West Light Lunch thing I had the other day
A few grapes

No big plans for the weekend so I should be able to stick to healthy meals and some exercise...I'm dog-sitting for my friend tomorrow, so I'm gonna try to get out for a long-ish walk with the dog if the weather's good.

Still not weighed myself, but it's hard! :)

I have an alpen light and some fruit for my midafternoon break :D

I've stood for ages at the cereal bars bit pouring over the back and the only thing that beats them is the tescos healthy choices. But they're not all that nice.

hey hun! hope the weather is nice so you can get out!

have a fab weekend

xxxx

Thanks Katie :) the weather's not too bad today, so I'm gonna go out for a walk after lunch I think. Tess the Jack Russell is snoring next to me on the sofa at the moment, so I don't think there's any big hurry!

The only problem is that I'm injured!! I went to see my brother on the way home from work last night, had a brew with him, went upstairs to use the toilet, and fell down the stairs on my way back down :eek: I landed flat on my backside and banged my coccyx quite badly...for the third time in my adult life!!! (all stair inflicted, and twice sober!) I sat on a packet of frozen brocolli (no peas available!) for about half an hour but I'm VERY sore today and can't sit very easily :(
I think I've probably fractured it in the past, because I always have pain in it when I sit in a certain position for too long, so this won't have helped things!!! Oh well, sorry to moan - I'm sure people have much worse things to contend with than this!

So back to the food diary. This is what I ate yesterday:

Porridge
1 dairy box chocolate (we're still eating the Christmas chocolates at work!)
1 salt & vinegar SnackaJack
Beans on toast (2 slices)
1 granola bar (100cals)
A few grapes
WW beef & black bean sauce
Curly Wurly

And I didn't do any exercise at all!

Reactions: kae
ooooh where do u work? i neeeed choccies! lol

what r u like! lol falling down the stairs and sober! hope u r ok hun! well have to get u a stair lift with a seat belt!

hugggs!

love katie!
xxx

Back