Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Yesterday wasn't a 100% day unfortunately. It was perfect on the food front, but I went out and drank my own body weight in lager and vodka!
I said to myself that I'd have 2 halves of Leffe (Belgian beer) and that if I managed to go straight onto the vodka and diet coke afterwards, I would still count it as a 100% day.

So, I went out, had the 2 Leffes, but washed them down with a a third :eek: Then I went onto the vodka, but decided to throw in a pint of lager for good measure and then back onto the vodka, so definitely not a 100% day!!

This is the food diary:

B - porridge/museli (250)
S - 1/2 an Alpen Light bar (35)
L - Morrisons eat smart chilli and wedges (260)
S - 1/2 an Alpen Light bar (35)
S - Cappuccino (75)
D - WW ham and murshroom tagliatelli with extra mushrooms, leeks and peppers (340 for the meal, didn't weigh the veg)

If that's the worst thing you ever do.... Mr V visited here last night but didn't stay long. Not 100% for me today I'm afraid but not bad either. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stick to the vodka!!

KB x

Thanks KB - yesterday was hard because I was slightly hungover, and absolutely RAVENOUS all day. I really don't know I stopped myself from eating half the things I wanted to eat, but I did.

B - None (lie-in/hangover)
L - WW bagel (145) Philly light (45) Half a tin of tuna with light mayo (? need to check cals), salad, beetroot
S - Alpen Light bar
D - Morrisons lamb shank with rosemary and red wine gravy (430) with mediteranean veg (umm, 140?), potato & sweet potato wedges (90) and steamed cauli, leeks and broccoli (didn't weigh, but wouldn't have been much, say 100 cals)
S - WW toffee sundae ice cream (120)

So slightly indulgent, but nowhere as much as I wanted it to be! And I'm still under 1500 calories by my (vague) reckoning so I'm counting it as a 100% day :)

Hello hunny!

Hope u r ok! Looks like you have today all wrapped up!

I cant see the odd day off here an there altering our weight losses that much over the 30 days.

Hope u have a fab sunday!

lotsa love

katie
xxxxxxxxx

Another 100% day for me yesterday:

B - porridge/museli
L - Garlic & helb pitta with tuna mayo, large salad, bit of Philly and beetroot
D - Pork chop with Morrisons summer veg stir-fry in lime and ginger dressing, and corn on the cob

And I think that's it. I did go fridge prowling late at night for a bit of a snack but didn't find anything low calorie enough, so I just went to bed.

Today's been good too:

B - Porridge/museli
L - Tuna salad, 2 crackerbread, 1 Laughing Cow Light
S - Small apple
D - Pork stir fry with straight-to-wok noodles (using leftovers from yesterday, but trying to be a bit different :))

Am finding it relatively easy at the moment, but that's because I've not been anywhere socially since Friday night. I'm at my Aunt's house for dinner tomorrow night, and she usually cooks home-made meat and potato pie with gravy, so I'm at the mercy of that tomorrow (the night before weigh-in as well!)

I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning and it looks like I may have lost another pound or so, but I'm not counting my chickens before Wednesday!

Hope you're all well xxx

Dieting is so much easier when you don't leave the house :p

oooh pie sounds yummy hehe!

Well done on the 100% days you should be ok if you stick to as low cal as possible all day an try resisting big portions!

Have you seen the 10 cal soups that they sell in morrisons? Ive not had any but my MIL swears by them. You could have one of them before bed and it could help relax you for bed too :)

have a fab time at your Aunts

xxxxxxxxxx

Welcome

Enjoyed reading your intro very much, much more interesting than mine was. Good luck with your weight loss. This site is brilliant I'm a newbie too and already hooked.

Thanks everyone, just a quick post now but I'll be back later with more ramblings.
Weighed in this morning, and I've lost 2.25lbs this week :D really happy with that, although I was slightly ligher when I had a sneaky peek yesterday morning.
I blame my auntie's cooking :D

BUT this means that I've finally broken the 2.5 stone barrier!!! Wohoooo, about time too!!!!

Wooooop! Nice one! Well done Hun! Hope the scales are kind to me tonite

xxxxxx

Congrats Alex :D

Thanks everyone, just a quick post now but I'll be back later with more ramblings.
Weighed in this morning, and I've lost 2.25lbs this week :D really happy with that, although I was slightly ligher when I had a sneaky peek yesterday morning.
I blame my auntie's cooking :D

BUT this means that I've finally broken the 2.5 stone barrier!!! Wohoooo, about time too!!!!

WELL DONE!! on both losing 2.25lbs this week and on getting to the 2.5 stone barrier....
ive also just realised that ive made it to the 3.5 stone barrier!!! didnt even think of that!!! woop woop

Hope you are well hunny

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww hello my lovelies :heartpump:

Sorry I've been so crap at updating lately. We have a new lady at work now, so most of my work time is spent training/supervising her, and the rest of the time I'm frantically trying to do my own work! I do have time for a sneaky lurk every hour or two but I don't seem to have had time to post, or visit the other diaries just lately :(

I'm still being 100% though, and still feeling really motivated :) I have a day out in Loughborough on Saturday with some old university friends, so that'll be a test of my willpower as we're eating out for lunch, and possibly tea as well. Still, I'm going to try the best I can to make wise decisions, and see how it goes.

This is today's diary:
B - Porridge/museli (250ish)
S - None
L - WW mexican chicken salad (285) 2 crackerbread (40) laughing cow light (25)
S - Cappuccino (75)
D - Beans on toast (400)
S - WW toffee ice cream sundae (120)

And I turned down a slice of coconut cake in the office today! The strangest thing is that it didn't even feel hard to do - it was almost like 10 years ago when I was dieting for the first time and I felt invincible, like nothing could tempt me!

I'm sure that'll be out of the window when I go to London next weekend, and maybe even before, but for now it feels good. I just wish I could get my head into exercise mode but it's just not happening at the moment, grrrr!

Last edited:
Your doing fab Alex I know what you mean about the exercise mode thing though. I've managed to get some done all week but I'm starting to stuggle now. I might have a break and refresh and start again.

I love reading your diary :) well done on this weeks loss x

Back