Allie's diary. The life long battle!

How's things going Allie xx

Well I've been hiding from this site for a while.

Whenever someone tells me "I tried a VLCD but stayed the same" I have to admit I never believed them. "How can you live on 800 calories a day and not lose weight?" I used to think to myself. Surely it's scientifically impossible?

So I jumped on the scales on 6th sept convinced I'd have a good loss following the disappointing 2lb loss the week before, and BOOM! It happened to me. No progress towards my goal. No reward for doing without all bleedin week. I'd stayed the same. So out went the shakes and water and in came the chocolate.

i can't do this anymore. Exante was the only diet where as long as I stuck to it I was guaranteed to lose weight. Well not anymore. I've decided that perhaps being the fatty of the group is just my place in life.

God I sound like such a miserable b?gger. But I so needed this loss for my holiday. I needed some positivity and motivation.

And to top this? On Monday I fell down a curb while I was at work, tore the ligaments in my right foot, pulled my back and injured my left knee so not only will I be a holiday chubster, but I am also black and blue and can barely hobble around the house. I think being off sick and stuck inside has probably not helped my mood.

I'm going to try to drive the car today as i haven't even been able to do that. I'm going to a friends birthday tomorrow night, then might have another bash at Exante for the last few days before I go away if I can muster up the motivation.......

Sorry to see you are having such a rotten time at the moment Allie. Hope your pain reduces in time for holidays.

Diet wise I think you are being a tad hard on yourself. If you look back at the amount you lost you will see you had done really well. Sometimes these slow weeks appear & the weight stalls which is upsetting but even more so when it happens so close to a holiday or special occasion.

Seeing as you are so close to holiday I would wait now & perhaps do something like calorie counting for the next few days. That way you can give exante another go when you get back & you wont be so much under pressure time wise to lose the weight.

You're not alone in being disappointed at not reaching holiday weight as I am the same so what ever you do go & enjoy your holiday but don't give up completely. xx

Oh Allie, sorry you're having such a hard time lately. Hope you get better soon and get your head in the right place to persevere.
I'm a slow loser too, but having almost got to goal once, I know that if I just plod on, I will get there in my own time.

Find that motivation hun xx

Back