Ally's Diary - take two

I know, I was referring to the 0.5's. 6.5lb in a month is something like cheetah speed to me :p

Will do, I have a huge family history & it will be my pleasure to sponsor you :)

Thank you :) I have a rather large family history of it too

I must be ill. I hate rollercoasters, thrill rides, not massively fond of heights, yet I am considering doing a zip slide over the manchester zip canal in october to raise funds for the Stroke Association. I am mad, or ill, or both.

I must be ill. I hate rollercoasters, thrill rides, not massively fond of heights, yet I am considering doing a zip slide over the manchester zip canal in october to raise funds for the Stroke Association. I am mad, or ill, or both.

That will be amazing, but not if you're not fond of heights!! You're dedicated to raising money for a well deserved charity x

I've wanted to do something for the stroke association for ages, after dad had his stroke 2009, i know he recovered, but they don't get enough funds, not like cancer research do (and i do something for them each year)

What have I done! I mentioned to my thrill ride/rollercoaster loving friend Jamie that the Stroke Association was doing a zip line fundraiser thing....he's 18 stone something or other and weight limit is 17 and half..me being the idiot I am said I'd do it IF he reaches weight range and he agreed. Least i can't book it yet...maybe they will run out of spaces...or he won't reach the weight limit.

I'm going to die.

OK we've decided IF he gets to 17 stone i'll go down the sodding zip wire. Now he's desperate to book it cos he knows I can't back out then. Stangely the day its happening is the 4 year anniversary of my dads stroke. Trying to talk my boss into giving me £50 in sponsor money if i do it xD

Its given him motivation to lose weight at any rate. I hope he fails.

I've wanted to do something for the stroke association for ages, after dad had his stroke 2009, i know he recovered, but they don't get enough funds, not like cancer research do (and i do something for them each year)

When I was on my way back from India I sat next to a woman not much older than me who had gone to Mumbai to help her recover from her stroke. Apparently she had a stroke on NYE and it was 6 wks before she got any proper treatment. But in India the treatment is really good & they get good results, so she went over & was really pleased with what they can do. Apparently they use steriods, but she didn't want to take them, so had other treatment. They have a place there so she said she'll go back every so often. I found it upsetting that it was 6wks before she got treatment here, if she had got treatment sooner I'm sure her recovery would have been much better.

OK we've decided IF he gets to 17 stone i'll go down the sodding zip wire. Now he's desperate to book it cos he knows I can't back out then. Stangely the day its happening is the 4 year anniversary of my dads stroke. Trying to talk my boss into giving me £50 in sponsor money if i do it xD

Its given him motivation to lose weight at any rate. I hope he fails.

It's fate:D

My dad's was immediate it, if the paramedic hadn't acted so quickly... . In a&e the doctors told us there was 20% chance of him surviving, and if he did he would be disabled. He was fighting 6 paramedics in the ambulance, fitted, then feel into a coma. We expected the worst after what the docs told us. Next day he was awake and up and eating in ICU the whole damn hospital called him a miracle. Only thing he has wrong is his hearings a bit dodgy and his memory a little wonky , other than that he came out of it fully as if it never happened, totally defied the odds.

Rather tired this morning, would quite like to crawl back into bed!

Breakfast: weetabix, banana and honey
Lunch: Ham sandwich, kiwi, banana, pom bears
Tea: chicken (with nandos herb rub) with salad

Hea: milk
Hea:
Heb: bread
Heb: weetabix

Syns: honey 1.5, pom bears 5, 2x mint werther 2.5, kinder bar 6
Total syns: 15
Free snacks: prepacked fruit, pear

Last edited:
Hope the tiredness wears off as the day goes on.

Really impressed at you planning on doing the Zipline thing!! and for a real good cause too hun.
I had a stroke during my brain surgery in 2007 when I was just 38 :eek: It took my hearing & left me with balance problems (hence the crutches now).....I came out pretty lucky tho as I could just as easily have not been here I guess. x

Looks like i'm signing up for the zip line at lunch, if jamie doesn't lose that stone now... (can see this turning into a none promise and i'll end up doing it anyway)....least i'm pulling a crowd for this one, 2 of my colleagues have said they will come and watch me do it, one is already sponsoring me.... Sure they are doing it cos they know i hate thrill rides and stuff :p

Hope the tiredness wears off as the day goes on.

Really impressed at you planning on doing the Zipline thing!! and for a real good cause too hun.
I had a stroke during my brain surgery in 2007 when I was just 38 :eek: It took my hearing & left me with balance problems (hence the crutches now).....I came out pretty lucky tho as I could just as easily have not been here I guess. x

Yep sounds like you were lucky, dad was 50 when he had his stroke. I've really wanted to do something for the stroke assiciation for ages was going to do there 5k but its at a similar time as race for life.

Back