Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

That is so true Susie! :)

I love the sweet mims but never got to grips with savoury ones - bleugh! Have fun experimenting - personally I love the cinnamon ones best :D

Really enjoyed the mims for first five months but dont bother any more. Dont need them for tummy function or appetite and no longer miss bread/cake stuff. Cant believe it's possble to say that:eek:!

I can't remember the last time I had one to be honest, have lots of bags of flax hanging round in case I get tempted though :)

I've not got any craving for bread - well ... Hardly any... But it might be something to add to life's rich tapestry! :)

Well... Have just done a calculation of how much I'm losing a week on average since I started and it's working out to 2.5lbs a week... That's probably gonna drop to 1.5-2lbs a week over the coming months (if I'm lucky)... That's all fine and sensible but I'm really curious to know how that would change on Exante TMR... Not sure I could do it all the time but perhaps on the days I'm not meeting up with someone for lunch/dinner I could have Exante...

I'm guessing the weight would come off a little faster?

Morning Di,

I just stuck to Atkins clean and green all the way love, seemed so much simpler to me

Morning Di:)

Just a word of warning and feel free to tell me to butt out! over the last 7 months i have been watching people chop and change diets and often it would have been better to stick to the one they like that works now....slowly and steadily:)

Also i dont think exante and atkins really mix (although can use for different stages) as they work on different principles. Exante is very low cal so body metabolism reduces and although you have protein when really need food it can slow weight loss. Atkins is trying to boost metabolism by body knowing it is getting lots of fat and calories - so it happily burns fat. Switching regularly could be confusing your poor bod!

I am of course an atkins fan so not surprisingly biaised:D
Xxx

Afternoon Di

I think this is great advice from Katie. After a few months (when I was losing successfully and steadily) I mucked around with Atkins, let all sorts of low carb stuff creep in, then got frustrated, fell off the wagon a few times, then climbed back on, then went into massive carbfests, then toyed with Slimming World, ditto Harcombe (because it suddenly became so essential to my life to have butternut squash curry and yoghurt), tried to crawl back on the wagon, lost my grasp, thumped to the ground bigtime and lay face down in a carb ditch for ages! My whole focus disappeared, and I don't know why.

BUT I'm back on clean and green and feeling good - because I love the food and because I know it works.

I just have to be patient (uh oh :eek:) and be satisfied with 1lb loss a week, if I'm lucky enough to sustain that.

And if I - the weakest willed woman in the world - can do it, you certainly can! :D xxx

I just read a post that said that Neris & India from pig to twig have both gained back all the weight they lost. Seems such a shame

Yes, I think that was it love

Jim, Katie, Susie!!!!!

I know you are right! I'm just being a nin-com-poop. I should just chill and enjoy my very lovely weekend breakfasts of bacon, egg and mushrooms with real coffee and cream! And the rest of the food allowed on Atkins which is really very easy and a no-brainer.

The receptionist here at one of the places I work at is just starting Slimmers' World. She's done it before and brought the book in. I just couldn't get my head around all the different syns, free foods, reds, greens, ambers - too much for my pea-sized brain to cope with.

I think it's the enormity of having to lose another 10 stone (pretty much). But, I'll take each day at a time and SERIOUSLY... I wouldn't really be able to do it without all you lovely people on here!

Thank you for getting my brain back inside my skull - it was drifting off into the old Di-land xx

:psiholog:

I think it's the enormity of having to lose another 10 stone (pretty much).

You, me and loads of other people here hun - but when I start to drift into the "OMG how much do I have to lose? I'll never do it" way of thinking and start cramming carbs into my gob, others here are strong and help me re-focus (most of the time) - so we're here to help you be strong too :D

I really do think the key is the mini target thing - but I'm only listing one at a time and then when I've achieved it, I'll list the next one.

We will get there - but the hard work is not in saying no, I won't eat - because there's so much food on offer - but in getting our heads around doing things babystep style, and realising we can't eat carbs like we used to.

It really gladdened my heart to hear Katie say she doesn't even fancy all the bad stuff anymore, so want to be at that stage - and I will get there, with you right beside me :D

Maybe I'll do a little mantra before bed - "You are allergic to carbs....you are allergic to carbs..." :D

Thanks SO much Susie!! You are absolutely right, I will keep my head down and just focus on baby steps! I love that movie, by the way, I think it's called 'What About Bob' - Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray - hilarious!

:atthemovies:

Hi Di hope all is well. I think what Susie said is great about having small goals. I'm going for 7lbs at a time, then will reward myself with something small like a new top or a bracelet (just cheap but glittery you know). So I have a lb to go til my 2st 7 so hopefully next week I can get another treat.
I know what you mean about the slimming world and I found WW to be the same counting points and red and green. I have done both of those and did lose some weight and at the time they seemed to make sense but now I can't remember any of it. I think I've stuck so far with atkins as it seems relatively simpler and I can imagine eating on an atkins maintenance whereas I always stopped with the other plans and of course hadn't changed mindset and weight came back on. I'm not dissing the other plans as some people manage great but maybe its about will power and really being in the mindset to change. I don't think this necessarily waivers when you decide to change plans but I think it is easy to get overloaded with what you are meant to be doing and when so leaves people open to mix and match which I think the body struggles with. IDK. Anyway thats my thoughts. Hope you are having a great day x

Thanks Rach!! Makes fantastic sense... I think I'm a bit of a 'Tigger' by nature ... but I am really impressed with myself for doing this for almost 3 months now - haven't been this committed to a diet since I don't know when!! lol

I think I'll re-adjust my goals! it makes good sense to make them smaller and more achievable!

Well done on being so close to 2st 7lb loss!! :) x

Thanks Di. This is the longest I've stayed on a plan for too (not counting the wobbles). I think if I thought about only the main goal I wouldn't have gotten where I am now. I'm still along way from my main goal but now I'm that bit nearer and I think creeping towards it may help in the long run too. I know that many people have lost alot quickly but put it on fast again, but I'm hoping that the steady approach helps to get my head in order for the long run. 3 months sticking to something like this is an achievement. There are lots that give up at the first hurdle but its the plugging away at it that gets you there, thats what I keep telling myself anyway. I think we all need a pat on the back as even those of us who have wobbled are still coming on minis and that is still keeping momentum as it keeps us thing of our goals. I love minis!

Back