alternative drinks?

beandex

so before i started dukan i would mainly drink sugar free squash, i hate the taste of water and am trying to drink the recommended amount but to be honest its the lack of squash that threatens to lead me off plan.

i do have the occasional coke zero just for a change but i was wondering if there is anything more palatable to drink? flavoured water even? anything to make it more bearable

thanks in advance

Ditto this question. I was only thinking about this this morning. I too struggle with water, but I've been having a small beaker full every time i go in the kitchen. They soon mount up. i have three glasses of coke zero a day, and a couple of hot drinks. I usually end up having drunk 2lts before the end of the day.

I too have always had sugar free (no added sugar) squash in the house.

I've read elsewhere about the spring water drinks, I don't know if thats the fruit flavour ones.

Will watch your post with baited breath.

I drink a 0 calorie pink lemonade and cream soda from Aldi. I add fresh mint and ice to the lemonade and is a lovely refreshing drink

Slimeline tonic with ice and slice lime, refreshing and calorie free

The ice cream soda from Tescos is lovely. What make is the sugar free squash and where to buy it?

I too was wondering that Lily. Would love squash....and mean LOOOVVVEEEE it. LOL

I buy my zero coke from Aldi, can't say I've seen the lemonade, but then I've not really looked. Will have to visit me thinks.

I make myself a big jug of ice tea with a splash of lemon or ginger and some sweetener. (yes, pauline, rooibos!!)

It's more the flavor I miss than the sugar, and I think this is healthier than the diet drinks. I have been upping my diet coke habit recently but usually don't have more than 1 a day. Soda water and a slice of lemon is my 'going out' drink :)

I found some weight watchers cordial today.

Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower per 100ml diluted drink
1cals
Protein <0.1g
Carbs 0.3g
Fat <0.1g

Italian red Grape & Pomegranate
2cals
Protein <0.1g
Carbs .5g
Fat <0.1g

for a couple of drinks a day, it looks as though these could be ok. It means I don't have to stick to water too much LOL

I had about half a litre drinks yesterday from the cordial and still lost quarter pound this morning, so am thinking its ok for me at this time.

i have treid the morello cherry, pear & elderflower and the mexican lime crush from Aldi all sugar free and low carb!! Also get the zero coke and lemonade from Aldi

[h=2]Nutrition Facts[/h][h=2]Aldi - Vive Cream Soda No Added Sugar[/h]

• Servings: 250 ml 1 ml 1 container (500 mls ea.)
Calories1Sodium1 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0

[h=2]Nutrition Facts[/h][h=2]Aldi Vive - Morello Cherry Sparkling Crush[/h]

• Servings: 100 ml 1 ml 1 container (1000 mls ea.)

Calories4Sodium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars1 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron

[h=2]Nutrition Facts[/h][h=2]Vive - Pear & Elderflower Sparkling Fruit Crush[/h]

• Servings: 250 ml 1 ml 1 container (1000 mls ea.)
Calories7Sodium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars1 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0

Oooo CPL, thank you for that. I buy my zero coke from there, but I haven't looked at other stuff, will def be looking now LOL. Is it sold as a usual 2 litre bottle, or is it more like a squash/cordial bottle. I go in our Aldi quite often but I just can't picture in my head what these look at. Will go look at site I think. xx

Oh they are gorgeous!! i think they are a litre, dead cheap too, i get one bottle of each i made lolly ices with the mexican lime one, very tart!! but very nice! The cherry is my fav at the mo.

going to see if I can get them tomorrow. Need something to make ice lollies in now. :D

Back