always remember your lunch!

Last night I prepared my breakfast and lunch for work today. Natural yogurt with some sweetener and a tuna salad - both dukan friendly and lovely.

However, I left them in my fridge :( I went to tesco and the only fat free yogurt was muller light toffee which I've been avoiding due to the sugar. For lunch I chose a packet of ready to eat chicken breast slices. They looked like the best option, how wrong I was! They contain rice flour, potato starch, brown sugar and lots of other ingredients that are completely unnecessary for chicken! I had one slice and they're now back in the fridge.

It's my own fault for forgetting my lunch and not reading the labels. I'm annoyed!
Just can't believe chicken can be so deceptive, lesson learned :)

awww poor you.
weve all done something like that, its nice to see what you can find in an emergency.
I usually buy seafood sticks or prawns, sometimes a salad.
Ive bought chicken pieces before-until I realised what they contain.
its better to eat something-even if its not quite 100% than starve yourself. :)

a tin of no drain tuna & a box of supermarket ready prepared salad is usually my emergency feast

I used to keep a tin of tuna in my desk for emergencies.
Put your keys in the fridge with your lunch do you can't forget again ;)

Ah tuna, you'd think I would have thought to buy a tin since that's what I'd originally planned to have!

Also, I've been known to forget my keys so don't think that would work! :)

I've taken raw chicken o work and nuked it in the microwave!

I keep tins of no drain tuna everywhere so ive always food on hand in emergency!! Ive one in my drawer at work one in my car and one in my handbag!!

Hi all :) I found these wee packs that go on microwave for 30 secs I'm going to have one today not much on it coriander and stuff looking forward to a change from chicken! X

I'm lucky as if I forget my packed lunch I can go to M&S, they have some things that are ok - i think!
Prawns, simple or marinated, and plain chicken pieces are my usual choice. But i tried some chicken pieces as part of a £6 meal deal - mexican chicken and they seem ok ingredients wise. There is sugar listed, but the protein is 25.9g, sugars 0.4 and fats 2.6g per 100g, so i reckonned that was ok. It can be tricky with these supermarket deli items but these seemed fine.

Ps I know im stabilisation now but i use these as guilt free nibbles!

Back