Am i going mad!!??

stef2009

Gold Member
Ok so im getting married next year and i said i would NEVER look for a dress un till like 4 months before due to me losing weight...

I knew exactly what kind of style dress i wanted, and knew id have to find it!

ANYWAY something urged me 2 look at bridesmaid dress's this morning and then somehow i ended up looking at wedding dress's and OHHH MYYY GODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only the bloody dress i want i have found and its on sale!?!?!?! What do i doooo????

It is like EXACTLY what i wanted except its ivory not white... Which i duno if i care about that, i guess i would have to see it in person.

I know i want to be a size 10/12 and know ill get there way before my wedding day so what do i do? Do i buy it?? Helppp!!!???

xxx

When's the wedding?

If it's a realistic time frame for you to get into the dress I say buy it. What better motivation could you need?

If it's THE ONE and you are very determined then I say go for it! You have a solid dress shaped reason to get to goal then! :D

Its ages away, october 2013! Thats why i was never planning on looking at dress's till nxt summer!!!

Oh i would deffo fit in it by then lol just duno if its way to soon, but i love it!!! xx

And i say i want to be a size 10/12 but i can already squeeze in a size 14 coat and ive still got 4 stone to lose!? im only 4'11, would i be more a size 8/10??? Ohhh no wish i hadnt looked now :(

Is it still cheaper to buy it now and have it altered than pay full price?

I'd say leave it until next year. You've not idea what size you might be so better to leave it and get something that fits nicely a few months before the wedding. Anyway there is no saying that particular one won't be on sale next year too.

Buy it buy it buy it! Buy a size10 and if ur smaller u can get it altered rather than pay full price! Perfect inspiration! Xxxx

stef2009 said:
And i say i want to be a size 10/12 but i can already squeeze in a size 14 coat and ive still got 4 stone to lose!? im only 4'11, would i be more a size 8/10??? Ohhh no wish i hadnt looked now :(

What do you want to weigh when you get married? And do you know what build you are? Small, medium or large?

I'm 5ft exactly and when I weigh around 10st I wear size 12, I think I currently weigh about 9st 7lbs (not weighed for nearly 2 wks) and currently wear a size 10. When I'm around a stone lighter I wear an 8 but it can be a little big on me. I'm a medium build hourglass shape.

Hope that helps. x

Ohhhhh how exciting - my heart says buy it buy it .... get it altered if it is too big !!! My head says wait there is bound to be a sale next year and when i am super skinny I might like a different style....ohhhhh what a lovely dilema!!!

XXX

What do you want to weigh when you get married? And do you know what build you are? Small, medium or large?

I'm 5ft exactly and when I weigh around 10st I wear size 12, I think I currently weigh about 9st 7lbs (not weighed for nearly 2 wks) and currently wear a size 10. When I'm around a stone lighter I wear an 8 but it can be a little big on me. I'm a medium build hourglass shape.

Hope that helps. x

Interesting to read. I am 5ft as well, and have been overweight all my life. Fascinating to think I might ever in my life be a size 10! :D

Darcy15 said:
Interesting to read. I am 5ft as well, and have been overweight all my life. Fascinating to think I might ever in my life be a size 10! :D

What are you hoping to get to? My goal is 8st. So I imagine I'll be a 6/8 then.

Smallest I've been with weight watchers was 8st 9lbs and my size 8 bottoms were getting loose. I never got to goal with WW and i was still fatty in areas, so would like to get to 8st.

lilo said:
Ohhhhh how exciting - my heart says buy it buy it .... get it altered if it is too big !!! My head says wait there is bound to be a sale next year and when i am super skinny I might like a different style....ohhhhh what a lovely dilema!!!

XXX

I would have to agree with that. What suits you now may not when you loose the weight. Take a picture/details of dress & if next year its still the one you want then go for it but id try them on when your closer to goal. Oh i remember trying dresses on for my big day xx

I'd pro ably wait only because loads of new styles might come out. You won't know what suits your new shape and I'd love to go try a million dresses on having lost loads of weight and feel amazing in all of them. X

Thanks ladies, what a pickle i put myself in, i had this vision of a dress i wanted, and for the past 3 years ive had 3 friends get married so have had my fair share of seing dress's but never seen anything like the one i wanted! Anyway cut a long story short i bought it :D
Had a long chat with my mum and dad and they got it me, and told me if i do see something nearer the time and change my mind, they will just sell it and buy me another, they didnt want me to be kicking myself if i didnt buy it then didnt see it around the time i got married, im a lucky girl :)

Plus as im getting married abroad i wanted a light weight dress not the regular ones u see in shops and either way i would most likely to have any dress altered because of my height haha so altering isnt a problem!

The measurements where quite small! I would of liked to get a 10 but im medium build and think like kiika is, when i get to around 10 stone i think i'd be around a 12 but if i get to a 10, the difference in measurments on the dress between a size 10 and 12 is only 1 1/2 inches, so not that much! Plus ive always had big boobs, even before i put all the weight on, so had to take them bad boys into consideration! So got great inspiration to get to a size 12 (or 10!)and stick to it to get in the dress, and if it isnt for me, still get to shop around :D xxx

wahoooo!!! yay! how exciting!! i think you made the right choice defo hun!!! xxxx

p.s how did you get your profile pic thing? xxx

Thankyouuuuu :) Super exciting :D xx

went on mvm.com, created a weightloss avatar, and saved both pics and copy and pasted them on paint :) xx

stef2009 said:
went on mvm.com, created a weightloss avatar, and saved both pics and copy and pasted them on paint :) xx

Loving the avatar. Might give it a try myself : )

That was really nice of your mum & dad. And a very sensible idea which i wouldnt have thought off buying it so that you have the one you love & if you do change your mind to sell it. I bet your a very happy girl : )

Back