Amy's "kick up the bum" diary!

OK today is first day of new week and Super focus!

WI is tonight - still hoping for a small loss but can't be guaranteed!!

So I have decided to start 100% from NOW.

This means writing down and sticking to syns. I know I have 2 meals out this week but if I use weekly syns and i'm good the rest of the week I know I can do it!!

Bring it on!!

xx

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd December - EE

Well bit of drama this morning - managed to put a massive gash in my finger from a knife in the drawer and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Was 20 mins late into work but all ok now. Was only trying to chop my fruit up for breakfast!!

Breakfast - Chopped apple and Pineapple. (Eaten while holding finger under tap)

At work - Activia yoghurt

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Tesco tinned steak (1/2 tin) with carrotts and peas and green beans. 2 Mini chocs (and I mean mini) I will say 2 syns.

Dinner - Homemade chilli with SW wedges.

Treat - Advent calendar chocs 1x2 as didn't have yesterdays!! = 2 syns. 2 roses 2.5x2 = 5 syns

Weekly syns used 9/105 - remaining 96.

Last edited:
Thanks Allie - I ALWAYS forget about the peas!!

Not used any HE's yet so EE will be fine! Just need to think about getting some superfree in my dinner then!

Finger OK - still throbbing though! I'm sure I will survive!!

Anyone know how much blood weighs? do you think it will constitute another 1/2lb loss tonight??:D:D:8855:

Well I am pleased to report a 1.5lbs loss last night. Only 1/2lb to regain my 4st award now!!

Friday 3rd December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix (HEB), Milk (1/2 HEA), with chopped pineapple and pear.

Snack - Plums

Lunch - Chilli with Jacket Pot, Activia yog.

Snack - Apple. 2 mini chocs = 2 syns

Dinner - Cottage pie topped with mash (1/2 HEA for milk + 1syn for marg). Green veg.

Advent Calendar - 1 syn

Syns so far =4

Weekly syns used 13/105 - remaining 92

Last edited:
Saturday 4th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Magic porridge (HEB) with raspberries/banana

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Broccoli, ham and cheese quiche (1/3 HEA). Salad.

Snack - 2 Babybel lights (2/3 HEA). Apple

Dinner - Out for a Thai. One of the two meals been saving syns for!! Will probably have a stir fry type dish with rice but have a treat on starters!!

Syns - ???

Well the weekend turned into a bit of a disaster!

2 Puddings, half a tin of roses, a burger in a white bap and a glass of wine were consumed in addition to the 2 meals out!!

Have calculated that I have used about 170 syns so far this week! Oops!

I hate Christmas - it is rubbish for trying to be on a diet. I am already panicking about next week as have a ball on friday and dinner out on sat. It makes life so hard.

This weather also makes you just want to eat everything in sight! Fruit is just not cutting it!!

Aghhhhhhhh! This time last yr I was so good at resisting but cannot this yr!

I know I should just draw a line and be on plan until Thursday but still want chocolate!!!

Rant over!

xx

Aghhh - what a week!

It started off so positively and now I feel like I have ruined another week!

I knew I had 2 meals out but all other meals were on plan. Unfortunately the snacking has let me down! I just couldn't resist the chocolates and cakes and I feel bad now.

Chirstmas time is really hard! I am freezing all of the time at work at the moment as the radiator in my little office is rubbish! Unless you are actually touching it you cannot feel any benefit! I know this is not an excuse but it makes me want to get home and eat rubbish!!

I can't face eating salad in the cold so think I am also stodging up on too many carbs!

Anyway - will go to WI tonight - face the gain and start again!

xx

Well put on half last week but lost it again this week! Pleased with that as had far too many social things on!!

Am off to Germany tomorrow to see my friend who is living out there for 18 months! Will be back on the 23rd.

Next WI on the 30th Dec - hoping not to have done too much damage and then will blitz the fat in Jan!!

Hope everyone has a good Christmas!!

xx

Hope everyone is well and had a good xmas and new yr!

I did and it showed on the scales!! I put 7lbs on (oopsie!!), down to alcohol and a diet consisting of bread cheese and sausages in Germany just before xmas.

However I have been back on plan at about 85% since Sunday 2nd Jan and lost 2lb last night at WI!!

So starting today I am now back at 100% determined to get into a size 10 this yr and look fab!!

Good luck for 2011 everyone! Hoping this is the year I make target!!

xx

Ok here goes!!

Friday 7th Jan - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), Milk (1/2 HEA). topped with banana and clementine.

Snack - Fresh Pineapple chunks

Lunch - leftover bolognaise with jacket potato. Side salad with beetroot and a bit of reduced fat coleslaw 100g (3 1/2 syns).
WW yoghurt.

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Chicken fajitas - OH will have the wraps but I am just going to have mine with rice and salad! (Will use 1/2 HEA on cheese)

Syns so far - 3 1/2 could poss have a couple of choccys as a treat later.

xx

Weekend report

Foodwise not too bad on the whole - most meals were on plan. Went out for a curry on saturday night but chose a tomato based one so not too high in syns.

Had a couple of treats so will cut back on syns a little each day until WI.

Started back at dancing on Saturday so feeling better for that - also Gym classes start again tonight!!

xx

Monday 10th Jan - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with milk (HEB + 1/2HEA). Topped with strawberries and raspberries

Snack - Banana, Satsumas

Lunch - Chicken with actified roast potatoes and veg. Gravy (2 syns)
Summer berries with yoghurt for pudd!

Snack - fruit

Dinner - Chilli con carne with rice and 21g reduced fat cheese (1/2HEA).

Oh man! Totally didn't update diary after Monday - I am rubbish!!

Lost 1/2lb this week which isn't great but at least in the right direction.

Onwards and Downwards!

Goals this week;

1. Go to Body Pump tonight and Zumba Mon or Tues.
2. Update Diary every day!
3. Keep a track of syns

Friday 14th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2xweetabix with milk. topped with banana and a satsuma

Snack - Fruit

Lunch - Chilli with salad. Muller light yog

Snack - fruit

Dinner (after body pump!!) - cod loin with SW chips and veg. Ketchup (2 syns)

Leaves some syns to play with for pudding!!

xx

Goals this week;

1. Go to Body Pump tonight and Zumba Mon or Tues. Done!
2. Update Diary every day!Not done
3. Keep a track of syns Definitely not done

Well 1 out of 3 isn't bad!

I went to body pump and Zumba this week. My legs were killing all weekend from Body Pump!! Back for more this fri!

Foodwise I haven't been an angel at all.

Had a couple of meals out and seem to have lost all will power to say no to things. I'm not really sure how to get out of this cycle.

All my meals are on plan it's just the snacking in between that is not on plan.

Although WI is not until tomorrow night I am going to set myself some more goals now to get ahead.

1. Go to Body Pump and Zumba
2. Count EVERYTHING!!
3. Do not buy any junk when shopping - if it's not in the house I can't eat it!!

Wish me luck.

xx

Wednesday 19th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with milk, topped with Raspberries and Blueberries.

Snack - Banana, 2 x Clementine

Lunch - Roast Chicken (skin removed) with Lettuce, onion and beetroot salad. Raspberries and Muller light.

Snack - Peach

Dinner - Out for a meal later but am going to just have a main as it will be quite late anyway. They do a lot of roast type meals so hopefully have one of those with lots of meat and veg.

Update - Had lamb with mashed potato and roasted veg. Syns estimated 3 for mash and 4 for gravy and any extras lurking.

Total 7 syns - pleased with that.

xx

Last edited:
Thursday 20th Jan - WI day!!! Extra Easy.

Breakfast - Magic porridge with cherry muller with stirred in blueberries and raspberries. Banana. 142ml OJ (2.5 syns)

Lunch - Roast chicken thighs with skins removed. Fruit salad (Apple, peach, clementine and blueberries) drizzled with strawberry muller.

Nothing until WI!!!!

After WI - Banana, Apple

Dinner - WW Chicken Curry Frozen (4.5 syns). Remainder of earlier fruit salad. 1 Jaffa cake (2.5 syns)

Total 9.5 syns.

Wish me luck for tonight - hoping the gym sessions will start to pay off!

Last edited:
Lost 1/2lb tonight - better off than on but slightly disappointed.

I know that I wasn't perfect this week though so I shouldn't complain.

I am determined to stick to syns this week. 10-15 per day.

xx

Back